cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Thanks @emaisgr8 , I'm feeling like I'm getting back into a routine!

March Empties

MarchEmpties.jpgMarchMaskEmpties.jpg

Spoiler

Wow! Lots of sheet masks @eshoe. Are you sheet masking daily?

Almost, @itsfi! There have been a handful of days I wasn’t up for it, and then other days I’ve masked a couple of times. My schedule has changed so that by the time I’m washing my face, the day is already half over😂 So I end up masking mid afternoon 🤷🏻‍♀️

Mid-afternoon masking has its charms @eshoe! 😉 

@eshoe I always love seeing your Empties photos for the sheet masks!  You must have a killer collection :).

Well I’ve been quieting it down, @CookieGirl1 - haven’t bought any in almost two months, it will likely be longer until I do so getting through and appreciating the ones I have is pretty fun!

You are chugging right along through all those samples, @eshoe!

Workin’ on it, @quspork! No better time than the present, I’m learning.

Hi @eshoe,

WOW! That is amazing. Great job! 

Best,

Rebecca

Thank you @RebeccaBT, doing my hardest to keep my little trash bin full😊

So nice!! @eshoe your empties are a work of art 😉

Ha @lmaster it’s something for sure:D

Oh wow, @eshoe, so many empties!! Nicely done!!

Thank you @haleyvvvv! Each month has been a little slower than the last, it’s been fun to track numbers:)

Empties of the year so far:

Hair:

LIVING PROOF - Perfect Hair Day® Night Cap Overnight Perfector- this one was ok. I used it sporadically within the last year or two at night before a hair wash day just to give my ends some extra hydration. It smells lovely like all Living Proof products but can't say I saw any difference in my hair. The teeth marks on the product are Winston's disapproval for the product as well lol

Living Proof Style Lab Flex Hairspray 7.5 oz- this was like my 10th repurchase. If you haven't tried this hairspray and you like a gentle hold and not hard, crunchy hair, then I recommend you give this a shot!

Living Proof Curl Defining Styling Cream- I believe this is discontinued and I really enjoyed this product. One of these bottles lasts about 2 years for me with every other day use. It's a shame it's discontinued because I definitely would have repurchased this but instead I had to find another curl cream.

Drybar Detox Clear Invisible Dry Shampoo 3.5 oz/ 100 g- I think this was my second bottle of this dry shampoo and I've got another backup in my closet. I'm in love with the idea of a dry shampoo that doesn't leave a white cast AND smells like vanilla cookies. Total winner for me!

Body:

BBW Winter Candy Apple lotion- this is my favorite BBW scent by far. Too bad it's seasonal and I have to wait until the holidays to pick up another bottle. If you're into smelling like a fruit salad, I recommend you check this one out later in the year 😉

KOPARI - Coconut Melt- this was a repurchase mainly for use when traveling. This has helped combat my dry, itchy skin on my legs this winter and I don't see myself ever getting rid of this product in my shower routine. Not only does it smell delicious, it's very effective as well.

BBW Mango Madarin lotion- Another fruity BBW lotion that did its job in hydrating my wet skin after a hot shower. Nothing to write home about but do recommend for both its moisturizing properties and its fruity smell.

Makeup:

tarte Double Take Eyeliner Black- I only used the liquid liner part which made me feel like it was a waste to toss it when I never used the crayon portion. If they made this without the crayon, I would repurchase in a heartbeat. The formula on the liquid liner is one of the best I have tried. 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Hot Line Brush Tip Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner 01 Black- I got this as gratis when it first launched a while back and I barely finished it not too long ago. The liner tip held up very well over time and I was very impressed at how it outperformed more expensive liners in my collection. Once I finish my current liquid liner, I am picking this one up again to add to my routine.

CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder- this hurts to admit but the only reason why this is empty despite it being relatively new is because my clumsy self dropped it on my kitchen floor last week 😞 It did not survive the fall but the mirror stayed intact so I now use the compact just for the mirror. The powder itself was beautiful and I used it for touch-ups on the go. I will be repurchasing another one during the spring sale to save a few bucks since this powder is not cheap.

L'oreal Infallible Fresh Wear- this was one of my favorite foundations of 2019. Not only is it affordable, it also never made my oily skin look oily despite the word "fresh" in the name. It gave me full coverage with little effort and the shade range was not too bad to work with when I was trying to shade match myself online. After I tossed this guy, I immediately bought another bottle because that's how great it worked for me. By far, best drugstore foundation I have ever tried and I highly recommend it even to my oily-skinned friends!

Other:

Beautyblender liquid blendercleanser® 5 oz/ 150 mL- I used to think buying a soap for my BB was ridiculous when standard hand soap could do the trick. Boy, was I wrong! Only two pumps of this soap is enough to get all the makeup out and leave it looking practically new. The bar soap version works just as good but I think the pump is more practical for storage. It took about 2 years for me to finish this bottle so in the end, this was a very much itIMG_8853.jpgIMG_8854.jpgIMG_8852.jpgIMG_8750.jpgIMG_8876.jpgIMG_8663.jpgIMG_8809.jpgIMG_8851.jpgIMG_8760.jpgIMG_8914.jpg

@gonerogue Do you have any other favorite overnight hair products?  I want to start using hair masks, but I'm too lazy to use one on wet hair for any significant length of time.

@greeneyedgirl107  I feel you! I feel like I’m always either too lazy to do my wet hair masks more often or I simply don’t have time because I’m always rushed in the mornings when I wash my hair. Unfortunately, I haven’t found a hair mask that goes on dry hair that wow’s me. I’ve tried that Living Proof one and also the IGK Antisocial Leave-In Dry Hair Mask 5 oz/ 187 mL but neither of them were HG status. Maybe we should start looking into more of a “leave in conditioner” type of product?

@gonerogue That's a good idea!  I got samples of two that I haven't used yet - I think one is Ouai and the other is either Briogeo or DevaCurl.  I wonder how they compare to It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product, which I used and enjoy very much.

I was really pleasantly surprised by the L'Oreal foundation, too!

@elise222 Right?! I’ve heard great things about the Dream Radiant foundation as well so I’m going to be picking that one up soon so I can compare it to the L’Oréal one

testing