cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@GG84 It's my HG shade of pink!

Great job on the empties, @Samtian but ouch--that's a lot of lippies! 

@CookieGirl1 Unfortunately it is lol.

Nice work @Samtian! ๐Ÿ˜ Youโ€™re well on your way to your goal! Great job on parting ways with lippies that were past their prime. I understand the โ€œinsert crying emojiโ€ feeling with destashing but in the long run, itโ€™s nice to have products that work and are useable. โ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ

@itsfi Thank you, and yes it is!

Nice set of empties, and great job on the destash, @Samtian!! The PTR water cream and YTTP are also faves of mine!!

@haleyvvvv Thank you! Those two are great!

Great job! @Samtian I know it's hard to let go,,, but sometimes it's just better off๐Ÿ™Œ

@lmaster Thank you! Yes it is!

Weekly empties. The only love/repurchase is the Dphue rinse. The LM mascara was clumpy, the Biossance eye gel didnโ€™t really do anything, and the green clean no longer agrees with my skin. The DE a passioni and Herbivore emerald are declutters. I canโ€™t handle the scent of the herbivore and the DE is just too strong for my skin.

8B938FC9-46A4-4140-9D4E-7CB62B8DB82F.jpeg

@faeriegirl   The dphue rinse is really nice. Sorry to hear about the LM mascara being so clumpy, I really like this one. Wonder if you how defective one. Thatโ€™s too bad about the green clean. Have you tried Jordan Samuel after show sensitive cleanser? I find that to be very gentle and removes makeup well. I think the biossance is nice but I wouldnโ€™t purchase it.  I bought one full size of the a passoni and donโ€™t plan to repurchase. I feel there are better options out there. My skin tolerated ok, but would have liked to move to daily retinol and canโ€™t with that one. 

@jen81  I haven't tried that cleanser. I have been using Herbivore's Bakcuchiol serum in place of the a passioni and I really like it so far.

Ack! Sorry the Farmacy balm isnโ€™t working for you @faeriegirl .๐Ÿ˜ž Your empties remind me that I need to move my Dphue products into the bathroom where I can see them. ๐Ÿงก

Oh no @faeriegirl sorry to see the green clean isn't working for you, what about the cherry version?

@lmaster I had forgotten about the cherry one. I don't remember having any irritation when I used it.

That's a bummer the green clean was causing irritation!! @faeriegirl 

@faeriegirl Would love to hear more of your thoughts on the Dphue vinegar rinse.  I'm trying to lessen the amount of shampoo I use on my hair for better hair health, and was wondering if I should be using this on my lengths/ends.

@greeneyedgirl107  I use it a couple of times a week in place of my regular shampoo. The nozzle makes it really easy to use it in sections along the scalp. It lathers up nicely on the scalp and then I massage throughout my hair. It leaves my hair very soft and shiny. It does have a really strong scent though.

@faeriegirl Interesting!  I had no idea it lathered.  Thanks for the info - helpful!

Nice set of empties, @faeriegirl!! I'm sorry to hear most of them didn't work out!

This is a pretty pathetic amount of Empties but my last couple of months' worth were pretty good so I guess this was just an off-month for me.  

20200328_100801.jpg

I've already repurchased the Banana Bundt Cake candle (which smells AMAZING, by the way), the Redken hairspray, the Hourglass Veilโ„ข Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Translucent, the Lancรดme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL, and I have a little stash of the FRESH - Sugar Lip Balm Sunscreen SPF 15 (because I go through those like water).  

The SATURDAY SKIN - Rub-A-Dub Refining Peel Gel was actually decent but I prefer the Peter Thomas Roth FIRMxโ„ข Exfoliating Peel Gel 3.4 oz/ 100 mL and I have a backup of that in my stash so I'm happy to go ahead and start using it instead.  The Jasmine body cream was fine but nothing special and same with the little foil samples.  Sadly, while I used to love the OLEHENRIKSEN Pore-Balanceโ„ข Facial Sauna Scrub 3 oz/ 85 g I've realized that it's no longer a favorite; I might have another mini to use up but after that I wouldn't repurchase it again.  Finally, I'm so happy to finally have finished off that stupid Elemis cleanser!  It was almost painful trying to make it through that entire bottle and it felt great to finish it off and be done with it.  And that's it--hopefully I'll have more next month :).  

testing