cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Good job on the empties!! @mazzkm 

@mazzkm, my hair also wasn’t thrilled with that Briogeo shampoo and conditioner. I’m a big fan of the brand that this particular s/c set didn’t work well with my hair. That Verb hair mask though sounds like something I need to check out...

@itsfi I felt the exact same. The Verb is awesome if you have dry hair, my sister has more oily hair and it did not work so well for her.

This month's goal was to use up some partials I had laying around and also some of those deluxe samples I always forget I have.  

Unlabeled tubes are Glossier Boy Brow and Glossier Lash Stick.  Boy Brow is a HG for me so I already opened up one of the my backups.  Lash stick brush was great for lengthening but not for volume.  So I've moved on to Laura Mercier Caviar Volumizing Mascara Glossy Black

EltaMD is another HG, so plenty of backups.  

Lush Rose Jam is an annual purchase for me because they have that amazing after Christmas sale.

Caudalie Pore Minimizing Instant Detox Mask 2.5 oz/ 75 mLwas great! I would consider buying the full size if I can ever get through my stash of random face masks.

Was not a fan of JOSIE MARAN - Argan Infinity Cream Intensive Creamy Oil.  Too greasy feeling.  Ended up using it on my hands cause my face was not happy with it.

Everything else was meh...but happy to clearing out some partials! 

IMG_0163.jpg

@averylayne I just purchased the EltaMD and used it for the first time this morning.  First impression was positive on it 🙂

thanks great @CookieGirl1 ! I'm glad you like it so far! My dermatologist recommended it to me when I was suffering from horrible horrible hormonal acne.  Love that it contains niacinamide!

@averylayne it's nice to hear first hand from someone who's used it awhile! I don't struggle with acne but the niacinamide was still something that prompted me to try that particular product; one of my "resolutions" this year was to be better about wearing sunscreen because I've historically been too nonchalant about it so I spent some time reading reviews to find one that I would hopefully feel good about/be consistent about wearing. That one got really good reviews and I think that I will be glad I chose it. 

@CookieGirl1 before EltaMD, I was really bad about applying sunscreen also.  I use to just rely on SPF from my foundation.  And I have to say, I've notice a big big difference in the health of my skin since I started actually using a legitimate sunscreen as the final step in my routine.  I still have to use a bit of concealer because of my acne scars, but the rest of the skin is much healthier.  EltaMD is my HG, but I did see that Supergoop just released a new sunscreen that also contains niacinamide, and also acts as a primer.  If EltaMD doesn't work out for you, that may be another option!

Supergoop! Glowscreen SPF 40 Sunscreen with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide 1.7 oz Sunrise / 50 mL

@averylayne I actually saw the new Supergoop one AFTER I ordered the one from EltaMD or I might have purchased it instead but depending on the reviews for it I may try that one when this new one runs out. 

@CookieGirl1 yea I'm gonna keep my eye on that one, and follow the reviews.  I actually really like the Supergoop Unseen texture and the niacinamide in the EltaMD, so this new one sounds like if those two had a baby haha

LovesLoves

Declutter/MehDeclutter/Meh

DB19D026-84EF-46AF-8B77-493C19213717.jpeg

Like/okayLike/okay

Total empties for the year so far: 45

Love that TJ Warm Vanilla body butter @jen81! That sugar scrub sounds good too! I’ve never tried anything from that brand. 

@itsfi   it’s a nice scrub and ulta sometimes has great deals on it 

Need to try that Banilla for myself, @jen81! and yes, yay for finishing a Laneige lip mask. Major accomplishment 😄

@jen81 good job! You got through a laneige lippie mask! 🙌

@jen81 45 empties! WOW. That is impressive! 

Best,
Rebecca

I love that Amika shampoo too @jen81 !  @mrsmouse introduced me to it and it's been so smoothing/hydrating/all around lovely.

My first try of doing empties monthly. I didn't quite hit the 20 I had set as a goal, but I have high hopes I will get there on average for the year.

IMG_20200203_234809.jpg

Spoiler
Loves are the Secret deodorant, Clinique highlighter (nice subtle highlight), and Mamonde lip mask.

I really liked the Tatcha Ageless eye cream, but I'm not sure it's worth the price. I keep repurchasing the Ulta cotton pads because they are good enough and priced well. The Drunk Elephant is the old version of Lala Retro that is generally too thick, so it took me a while to make my way through it. I do like it for using tretinoin in the winter though, so I would definitely use it again, maybe even repurchasing the new version. I think I have some samples hopefully to try.

The Algenist Genius eye cream and the Origins (?) cream eye shadow were expired, so I decluttered them.

5 FS, 3 DS, 4 foils, 2 declutters.

These are some great empties @snoflakefaerie! You’ll hit your monthly average!

@snoflakefaerieStill good progress! I'm new here too but it's good to have goals to actually use the stuff we're all buying all the time 😄

Thanks @Brutalitops . I feel like I've been slacking on using my skincare in a timely manner, especially masks and moisturizers so hopefully this is the push I need to do so! It's definitely no use to just have things sitting around not getting used.

6 Replies
testing