cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@sephoraaddict918 I feel your pain. I lost a long, detailed post due to an authentication error. Copy before you hit post. Learned that the hard way.

Thank you @sprocketta!!! I feel like an idiot because I usually write my notes in a Google Doc and paste it in my post. I don't know what I was thinking writing it here first. *Face Palm*

Oh no @sephoraaddict918  Darn ether! Great haul of empties though! 

Thank you @GG84!!! 

Y'all I have SO many empties this month!! There were a few duds, but plenty of loves. IMG_0746.jpg

Spoiler

I LOVE all the The Crème Shop and It’s Skin masks. The Leaders mask was good. The Dermal masks are part of part of a set gifted from the beau. They were all just okay. 

• Belif Aqua Bomb Sleeping Mask - I’ve been trying a lot of sleeping masks lately, and this one works well for me. I use it on top of my moisturizer on days when I mask, and I wake up to dewier, plumper skin. I would definitely buy this again. 
  • Bliss In The Honey Mega Moisturizing Lavender Honey Mask - I used this as a moisturizing mask after an exfoliation treatment, and I absolutely LOVED it! If you’re looking for an affordable honey mask, then this is definitely worth trying. 
  • Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Skin Clay Mask - I love how creamy this mask is, but it definitely didn’t leave me with baby skin. I might have to use the full size to get that baby smooth skin, but I’m not willing to pay over $50 for that experience. 
  • Clarisonic Revitalizing Cleanse Brush Head - I am in search of a replacement for my much beloved original Radiance Brush Head. Unfortunately, I didn’t get that from this brush. Although the brush does feel soft, it is not as soft as the Radiance, and it is too stiff. I could buy it again if I didn’t have other options, but I won’t like it. 
  • The Crème Shop Chia Seed x Aloe Toner Mist - This was a basic hydrating toner mist, but I absolutely loved it. If I see this in World Market again, I am buying it immediately. 
  • EcoTools Facial Konjac Sponge - This gives a gentle exfoliation. 
  • Edible Beauty & Sleeping Beauty Sleep Mask - Eh 
  • Florence by Mills Swimming Under the Eyes Gel Pad - These eye gel pads are super cute and so hydrating! I already have another jar waiting in my stash.
  • Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Retinol Eye Sleeping Mask - I received this as gratis from Team BIC, and I definitely wouldn’t have tried this otherwise. I only used this mask a couple of times a week, so I didn’t see any noticeable results with regards to under eye darkness. However, I love how rich and creamy it is and how it easily melts into my skin, but I wouldn’t buy it again because of the price. I also don’t really need it in my skincare routine. 
  • Kate Somerville Exfolikate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment - My skin always feels great after using this. I don’t like the burning sensation this gives me while I use it, but it’s less intense than the PTR Pumpkin Enzyme Mask.
  • Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Toner - My favorite hydrating toner! 
  • L’Occitane Oil-to-Milk Facial Makeup Remover - This does a really good job as a first cleanse to remove my makeup. I would definitely buy this again.
  • L’Occitane Ultra Rich Comforting Cream - My dry skin absolutely LOVED this moisturizer. In the beginning I wasn’t planning to repurchase this cream because it had fragrance, but this cream is so good that I can’t let go. I probably won’t buy it often, but I will definitely keep it in the skincare rotation.
  • Mario Badescu Seaweed Cleansing Lotion - I bought this toner to help with my pores, but I didn’t help with my pores at all. 
  • Sara Happ Sweet Clay Lip Mask - I was super excited about this product, but this was kind of a letdown. This lip mask is THICC and super hard to spread. In all honesty, I got so tired of this product, I actually used the rest of it as a face mask. It was not a good idea, and I would not recommend it, but I am so glad to finally be done with this. 
  • Shiseido Facial Cotton - The best cotton pads ever. PERIODT!!!!
  • Supergoop! Glow Stick Sunscreen SPF 50 - My HG face sunscreen!
  • Vichy Aqualia Thermal Crème - I loved how rich this face cream felt, but I hated the scent. Also, it contains denatured alcohol, which I don’t want to see in my moisturizer. My dry skin has no problem soaking in moisture. It needs no assistance.
  • Vichy LiftActiv Vitamin C Brightening Skin Corrector - This Vitamin C is AMAZING!! After 2 bottles, my skin felt plumper and firmer and looked brighter. I would definitely purchase it again, but I would only use 1-2 bottles at a time because this is made with a high concentration of denatured alcohol. 
  • Vichy Minéral 89 Face Serum with Hyaluronic Acid - Great hydrating serum from the drugstore. It has quickly become a skincare fave.
  • ZitSticka Killa Kit - This product has so much packaging!!!!! After reading so many rave reviews, I had high hopes for this. However, this kit did nothing for my zits even when I used multiple stickers.

IMG_0745.jpg

Spoiler
  • Benefit 24-Hour Brow Setter - Good clear gel that doesn’t leave me with crunchy brows. 
  • Farsali Skintune Blur Perfecting Priming Serum - Jackie Aina made me try this because she was constantly raving about how good this is. I think the product was dried out because the bottle was already half empty, and the product was super thick and hard to get out of the bottle. I might give it a second chance before I make a final decision.
  • Japonesque Solid Brush Cleanser - Decent brush cleanser, but it’s either not as good as I remember or the formula has changed. 
  • Julep Perk It Under-Eye Treatment Brightener - This gives the lightest coverage. With my dark and deep set under eye area, it is not enough. I ran through this tube in less than a month. It was a total bust. The only positive is I got it on clearance. 
  • Laura Mercier Blurring Pure Canvas Primer - Nothing stood out to me about this primer. 
  • L’Oreal Volume Million Lashes Glitter Top Coat - Eh
  • MAC Prep + Prime White Tea Fix+ Setting Spray - Nothing spectacular scent wise, but it is light and not overpowering.If you like fix+, then this is worth trying.
  • Maybelline The Falsies Very Black Mascara - I was surprised with how much I loved this mascara. This is definitely going on the repurchase list! 
  • Maybelline Lash Sensational Boosting Serum - I used this during my evening skincare routine for a few months. It seemed like my lashes were growing, but I didn’t have any photo evidence to say for sure. Earlier in the month, I started to experience pain in one of my eyes, so I discontinued using it,  and the pain was gone almost immediately. I think the product was most likely expired, so I would try it again.
  • Milani Spice Color Statement Lip Liner - Great drugstore nude lip liner for deep complexions. 
  • NYX HydraTouch Oil Primer - Dupe for the Smashbox Oil Primer. Works well under my matte foundations.
  • Smashbox Studio Skin Shaping Foundation - I finished the contour way before I finished the foundation. Both were just okay, so I was not surprised to see it on clearance at Ulta.
  • Tarte Maneater Liquid Eyeliner - This is a declutter. I received this sample forever ago and have never used, and I never will. I am not a liquid eyeliner girl.
  • Wet N Wild Megaslim Waterproof Skinny Mascara - I bought this to use on my lower lashes. It didn’t work at all. Even though this mascara is supposed to be waterproof, there would always be smudges on my lower lash lines.
  • Zoya Remove+ Nail Polish Remover - This is the best nail polish remover I’ve ever used! Believe the hype, y’all. It’s worth every penny.

IMG_0744.jpg

Spoiler
  • Briogeo Curl Charisma Coil Custard - Moisturizing thick cream that is great for twist outs.
  • Joico Power Whip Whipped Foam - Used on my wavy hair wig. It defines the waves well, but can make the hair feel kind of crunchy. 
  • Kitsch Pro Deep Conditioning Processing Cap - Great for getting moisture to my thirsty strands, but the caps can rip easily if you’re not careful. I already have a few backups. 
  • Klorane Nourishing Leave-In Cream with Mango Butter - Has a delicious scent, but the results are just average. 
  • Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment - Nothing spectacular. The experience didn’t make me want to buy the full size version.
  • Ouidad Double Detangler Comb - Had to declutter once one of the teeth broke. Before then, I absolutely loved this comb for my 4c coils. 
  • Pattern Intensive Conditioner for Tight Textures - I absolutely LOVED this conditioner as a pre-poo treatment. It is so thick and creamy and left my hair feeling like butter and ready for the washing process. The full size version is already on my repurchase list.
  • Truly Star Fruit Hydrate & Shine Hair Mask - I expected a thick, creamy deep conditioner, but this was a watery mess. It definitely didn’t work as a deep conditioner, but it’s not too bad as a pre-poo treatment. I still wouldn’t repurchase it.

IMG_0743.jpg

Spoiler
  • Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Antibacterial Hand Gel - Love the scent.
  • Clinique Happy Perfume Spray - Not a fan of the citrusy floral scent. Hated it!!
  • Clinique Happy Sugared Petals Gelato Cream - Love the texture. Hate the scent. 
  • Dove Caring Coconut Dry Spray - I like the deodorant, but it doesn’t have the coconut scent I was looking for. 
  • Estēe Lauder Beautiful Belle Love Eau de Parfum - This is one of the most disgusting fragrances I’ve ever tried. Every time I sprayed it, I gagged. The notes are everything I want in a fragrance, but it just didn’t come together for me.
  • Philosophy The Ice Cream Man Glazed Body Soufflé - The vanilla scent is sickening sweet and smells slightly like spoiled milk. The texture is light and fluffy, but still creamy enough for my dry skin. The scent will definitely keep me from buying this again.
  • Soap & Glory Drop in the Lotion Lightweight Body Lotion - Although this doesn’t really smell like coconut, I like the sweet scent. I have dry skin, so I usually like a thicker cream, but this might be nice during the summer months. 
  • Truly Coco Rose Fudge Whipped Body Butter - The scent was all rose, no coconut. It smells like a bed of roses and has the texture of buttercream frosting. This makes me shine like a brand new penny, and I loved it! I would buy this again, but it wouldn’t be at the top of my list. 
  • Yves Saint Laurent Mon Paris Eau de Parfum - This was part of a sample gift set from Ulta. I fell in love with this fragrance on the first spray and used the $15 gift card to buy the full size version.

IMG_0742.jpg

Spoiler
  • Bath & Body Works Wallflowers Warm Vanilla Sugar Fragrance - Vanilla is my favorite scent, and this is a definite repurchase. 
  • Cowshed Dirty Cow Freshening Hand Wash - This has a strong spa scent thanks to all the essential oils. I wasn’t a fan of the scent, but I liked the texture of the soap. 
  • Method X Minted Wild Wood Foaming Hand Wash - I enjoyed the woodsy scent. It reminded me of a lighter version of the Mahogany Teakwood scent from Bath & Body Works.  

I really enjoy the Vichy Mineral 89 too @sephoraaddict918. The only other thing I've tried is a sample of a mask. So it's so nice to read you enjoyed some other products from the brand. I'm impressed by how many empties you have!

Thanks @ShortErica!!! I am so glad I tried the serum because it became an instant fave. How did the mask work for you?

@sephoraaddict918 it was the Double Glow Peel Mask and I could definitely feel a tingle from the AHA. @missjeanie spoiled me with the two use sample so I have to try it again soon.

@sephoraaddict918 I love seeing how different people's opinions and preferences can be 😆 you did a great job getting through those products!!

HA! I love seeing how products work for different people too @lmaster!! Someone's holy grail is someone else's declutter. As a beauty nerd, I love to see it!! 

So many empties @sephoraaddict918 !!  I love that you did reviews, I enjoy reading why a product was a hit or miss.  I find the Sara Haps lip mask a bit much as well.  I've tried to set it out on my counter to remind me to use it every day... and frankly, I just don't want to, too thick and hard to spread, like you mentioned. I've looked at the method hand soaps a few times, I'l have to pick a scent and go for it next shop!

Thanks @missjeanie!!! I'm always glad when my experience with a product can keep someone from buying a dud or inspire them to give it a try.

I am proud of you for trying to use the Lip Mask everyday. I used it twice a week and that felt like too much!! That's why in the end, I mixed it with another clay mask and slathered it on my face. I just needed to get rid of it!!!! The joke was on me though. That mask is like glue! I basically had to wash my face again to get it off. LOL 

I use Method cleaning supplies, but I never tried the hand soap before. I found that one at TJ Maxx, and I only bought it because I liked the bottle design. I am definitely a sucker for pretty packaging.

Hahaha @sephoraaddict918 I can't imagine trying to get that mask off my whole face!!

I agree, I like seeing a pretty bottle when it's out on my counter all day everyday!

Your empties are incredibly impressive @sephoraaddict918! the Sara Happ, I have yet to finish. A great concept, but maybe a bit too much for everyday masking. kudos to you for finishing it!!!

Thank you @eshoe!!! I did like the idea of the Sara Happ, but the execution is just a big miss. Good Luck with trying to get through the whole jar!!! Just don't do what I did and slather it on your face just to be done with it!! Maybe use it as a foot mask?! LOL 

I’ve been using other lip/eye products for my feet, @sephoraaddict918 - I think it’s a great idea😉

February travel empties. I typically post my empties on a monthly basis, but I didn't feel like bringing these home with me from my travels. I went thru 34 items during my trip, which brings my YTD total to 60; a more detailed breakdown is in the last spoiler below.

LovesLoves

Spoiler
LOVES
  • belif the True Cream Moisturizing Bomb
  • AmorePacific Youth Revolution Vitamin C Radiance Concentrator
  • Sephora Collection Clean Skin Gel - Cleanse + Tone
  • Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen
  • Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm
  • Sol de Janeiro Brazilian 4-Play Shower Cream Gel
  • Drunk Elephant Layla Retro
  • belif Aqua Bomb Jelly Cleanser
  • Megrhythm Gentle Steam Eye Mask
  • Laneige Lip Sleep Mask (Original)
  • Farmacy Honey Potion
  • Natureby Royal Jelly Essence Mask Sheet
  • Naruko Tea Tree Shine Control & Blemish Clear Mask
  • Biore Nose Strip
  • Briogeo Don’t Despair! Repair Hair Mask

LikesLikes

Spoiler
  • Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum
  • Farmacy Eye Dew
  • Laneige Water Sleeping Mask
  • Fresh Vitamin Nectar Vitamin C Glow Powder
  • Make p:Rem Wonderful Me. In-Shower Mask Pack

Okay'sOkay's

Spoiler
OKAY's
  • Oribe Signature Shampoo
  • Oribe Signature Conditioner
  • Briogeo Scalp Revital Charcoal + Coconut Oil MicroExfoliating Shampoo
  • Cle de Peau Body Exfoliator
  • Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
  • Beauty 360 Nail Polish Remover Wipes

Meh'sMeh's

Spoiler
MEH'S
  • Cle de Peau Body Emulsion
  • Supergoop! Everyday Sunscreen broad Spectrum SPF 50
  • Choosy Bubbly Lip Mask
  • Exuviance Intensive Eye Treatment Mask
  • Briogeo Scalp Revival Conditioner
  • Bee Kind Body Lotion

Breakdown (February Travel Empties): (MTD: 34; YTD: 60)

Spoiler

MTD (thru 2.12.2020)
YTD (thru 2.12.2020)
Full size
Deluxe / travel / mini
Foil
Total

MTD (thru 2.12.2020)
YTD (thru 2.12.2020)
Skincare
Makeup
Hair care
Bath & Body
Nails
Wellness
Other
Total

Ahhhh so satisfying how you split up your spreadsheets, @itsfi! Seeing two completely different viewpoints reconcile like this ☺️ 

Thanks @eshoe. I’m not sure which data points I’ll find more useful in the long run but for now, I like being able to know what I’ve used up. 

If anything @itsfi at least you can evaluate what is helpful and what to set aside by doing it this way. Love the idea! This is the first year I’ve tracked everything so I am still learning what works and what doesn’t:)

Hi @itsfi ,

I love pretty much all of the loves you used. I love the Sol De Janiero body wash! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

testing