cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

RE: Empties - V2

April empties! Not too much this month. Loved the AG Recoil and Pat McGrath mascara, already purchased replacements for both. Loved the Marc Jacobs cream too, but the full size is too expensive for me right now. St. Ives wipes were garbage, I had to wet them every time I used them and they irritated my eyes.. would not recommend at all.. Candles were both nice, but both very strong and couldn’t be lit in a room with the door closed as it was too overpowering, so for that reason I wouldn’t repurchase either. Lush Cup O Coffee scrub/mask was nice but not fantastic, don’t think I’d repurchase. Old school style Bath & Body Works Hand Sanitizer from a few years ago, don’t think they make this scent anymore, nice but I’ll survive without it lol.

Re: RE: Empties - V2

The PMG mascara is so good!! Nice job on the empties, @samkeaysxo!!

Re: Empties - V2

Beauty trash time!  Here's the monthly rundown:

I feel like everyone and their mother likes the Alterna CC cream.  I don't get it.I feel like everyone and their mother likes the Alterna CC cream. I don't get it.Had a couple of standouts.Had a couple of standouts.

The BareMinerals lip is actually a declutter.  I remember really loving this once upon a time and I pulled it out of the depths of my stash this month to start using it again.  I can't figure out why I liked it before but I definitely don't now--it has to go.The BareMinerals lip is actually a declutter. I remember really loving this once upon a time and I pulled it out of the depths of my stash this month to start using it again. I can't figure out why I liked it before but I definitely don't now--it has to go.

@CookieGirl1   I feel like the alterna doesn’t do anything bad or exceptional for my hair.  It just does the job?   But it’s a few of my friends’ favorite hair care line so who knows.  

These are most of my February empties. A few empties accidentally went straight to recycling or trash. 😄 

The DDG is a staple. The other 2 are new loves.The DDG is a staple. The other 2 are new loves.One of these masks I hate using, but my skin loves the results.One of these masks I hate using, but my skin loves the results.These are perfectly fine; not the best but certainly not the worst.These are perfectly fine; not the best but certainly not the worst.

Spoiler
DDG Ferulic + Retinol Eye Serum has been a love for at least a year. This DS is from one of the marked-down Play boxes I bought; 3 of these DS tubes = 1 FS bottle and cost much less. This is why it pays to keep an eye on individual Play boxes for sale. 😉 Unfortunately, these little tubes aren’t reusable; I used this one up specifically to see if I could easily crack it open once empty (without breaking it), but nope. That’s too bad because it’s an airless vacuum pump tube. It would’ve been perfect for travel. Oh well. 

Paula’s Choice RESIST Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser won me over. It leaves absolutely no dry patches behind and doesn’t burn my eyes. I bought a FS bottle for morning use. 

Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair Deep Conditioning Mask is from my Sephora birthday gift. My kinky coils loved it! I only got one use out of the birthday sample, though. I’m not fully sold on a full size yet, so I bought the mini duo of this conditioner and its matching shampoo for further testing. 

I used some of my favorite masks this month: Biobelle InstantDetox, SNP Per Fit Double Moisturizing Bio-Cell, Frudia Pomegranate Nutri-Moisturizing, and even that dang OOZOO Hydro-Lift Face Injection mask I can’t quit using because my skin loves it. Newfound like-a-lots are the Farmskin Superfood Salad Purifying Mask, The Orchid Skin Orchid Flower Moisture Mask, and Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Green Squeeze mask (thank you @lmaster  for gifting me this one! 💚).  

Probably won’t repurchase.Probably won’t repurchase.

Spoiler
Briogeo Scalp Revival scrub is also from the Sephora birthday gift. This felt nice and tingly-cooling on my scalp, but I think it may have caused some breakouts and minor irritation on my forehead—mostly likely due to spearmint oil. It did get my scalp clean, thanks to its scrubby particles, but I don’t think it did much to clean my hair since it contains no SLS. (I’m definitely not aboard the “no SLS” bandwagon; when my hair’s dirty, it needs sulfates.) So even if I did use this again, I’d have to follow with another shampoo. 

Paula’s Choice Hydrating Gel-to-Cream Cleanser came as GWP in a couple of PC direct orders last year, and I finally used up these 2 DS bottles. This cleanser is neither particularly hydrating nor creamy. It’s not bad. It just doesn’t live up to PC’s claims. To make this work for my dry zones, I had to mix it with the PC Optimal Results cream cleanser. I definitely won’t buy this one. 

Ineffective and/or harmful for my face.Ineffective and/or harmful for my face.

Spoiler
Papa Recipe Bombee Fruitables Yellow Squeeze Mask isn’t terrible, but it doesn’t do much for my skin. The serum seems to just sit on my face post-masking: massaging doesn’t help it sink in, and it always pills 5 minutes later. I’ll try to re-home my remaining Yellow Squeeze masks. 

Yadah Soothing Jelly Pack is another mask that does nothing for my skin, and it always leaves a white cast behind. I need to offload the rest of these, too. 

The Saem Pure Natural Snail Mask is a huge disappointment. Its serum is so watery, it feels like I’ve pressed plain ol’ H2O against my face for 20 minutes instead of a nourishing cocktail—and honestly, plain water would be more hydrating than this serum. 

Drunk Elephant Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser came from last year’s birthday gift. It’s too drying for my face. Rather than ditch the whole tube, I tried to find ways to use it, including mixing it with a better cleanser for a while. It’s also too drying for the rest of my body, so I couldn’t use it as a body wash. This year I realized I still had this tube hanging around 😄 so I started using it as a hand wash. That’s how I finally used it all up. As long as I immediately applied lotion or hand cream after washing, while my hands were still fairly wet, it was okay. 

Wow that's an impressive bunch of empties!! So happy you enjoy those masks!! @WinglessOne 

Weekly empties

CD4317DE-23A2-414C-85F3-45DF100F219C.jpeg

I would definitely repurchase the Ouai chill pills they smell so good. The Farmacy I used to love but the last few times I’ve used it it has irritated my skin. The IGK was just ok. I had forgotten how much I liked the Kiehls eye cream. Both CT samples were really nice. The Lord Jones body lotion was a big no. It smells terrible.

@faeriegirl Lots of great items! I love the OUAI - Chill Pills. I am obsessed with baths! 

Best,
Rebecca

RE: Empties - V2

My February empties! Loved loved loved the NARS concealer, and bath and body works shower gel, bought replacements for those already. Also loved the TF mascara at first but after about a month it got SUPER clumpy, thick, and gross. So I doubt I’ll repurchase. Also loved the Fenty Killawatt highlighter but I have soo many other highlighters I’ll hold off repurchasing that as well. Everything else was just alright, and probably won’t repurchase any of them

Re: RE: Empties - V2

Hi @samkeaysxo,

I love that concealer too! It is amazing! 

Best,
Rebecca

Re: Empties - 2019

Happy New Year!!!! I was hoping to get my empties before midnight, but that didn't happen. LOL

I have so many December Empties!!!! I'm just sharing a bit about some of the products that stood out, both good and bad, during the month.

Mehs:MehsMehs

None of were standouts. I like the way my hair smelled after the TGIN Hair Mask, but it contains silicones, which my hair tends not to like. The NARS blush is a declutter. I've had it forever. I recently hit pan, but it no longer brings me joy. The Ulta Sheet Mask is one of the worst I've ever tried, and I sad that I have 3 more from the set. I don't understand how a sheet mask can be wet while also containing little to no serum. The foot balm is more of a lotion than a balm. I was looking for something thick, but this didn't live up to being a balm.

As much as I love the Sephora Foot Masks, I won't be purchasing them anymore. I am tired of them ripping every time I put them on. The Laniege Waterclay Mask is very good, but the scent is very off putting. If you love the Fresh Rose Mask, but hate the price, then I recommend trying the Dearpacker Royal Black Tea and Black Rose Mask as a possible dupe. 

Loves:LovesLoves

Most of these are repurchases and routine staples. I tried the Essence Lash Primer after the Lancome Primer. I prefer the one from Essence. The Soap and Glory was a new try, and I really like it. I'm not a fan of the scent, but it doesn't linger, and the cream feels great!

Ooooh I’m excited to hear the Dearpacker could be a dupe for the fresh, @sephoraaddict918! I’ve been wanting to try it for awhile now. Thanks for the heads up!

RE: Empties - 2019

It looks like when products runout they all do at the same time.i actually do like everything that I have used up, and will repurchase except the clarins serum is discontinued so I am unable to.

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

Bioderma is excellent! @haha11 

Empties - 2019

I can't remember the last time I posted empties. I think these are my (and my BF's) empties for late Sept to Nov. We are moving soon so I've been in "clean out my stash" mode.

Fantastic work cleaning out your stash @Lazybeautybeast!

This is a couple months worth I think,can't remember when I last posted.

Loves-I just started using a Beauty Blender a few months ago and I'm completely converted.The UD make up remover works great at taking off my eye make up.The rest is mostly stuff I use regularly.
IMG_9901[1].JPG

Not for me-I found the exfoliating side of this wipe really rough on my skin.

IMG_9903[1].JPG

I've never met a Giorgio Armani Foundation I didn't like. My favorite the Power Fabric because it keeps my oily skin matte all day. However, the Designer Lift looks really interesting because it's an anti aging formula. <333

October 2019 Empties

Empties-2019.10.PNG

bareMinerals Original Loose Powder Mineral Foundation SPF 15 Fair Ivory 02

Spoiler

La Roche Posay Mineral SPF 50

Spoiler

SUPERGOOP! - 100% Mineral Smooth & Poreless Matte Screen SPF 40

Spoiler

Skindinavia Setting Spray

Spoiler

Vichy Mineral 89

Spoiler

CeraVe PM

Spoiler

Stress Relief Body Wash

Spoiler

Cucumber Melon Lotion

Spoiler

Energy Body Lotion

Spoiler

Cotton Squares

Spoiler

DEVACURL - SUPERCREAM™ Coconut Curl Styler

Spoiler

DEVACURL - B'LEAVE-IN™ Miracle Curl Plumper

Spoiler

Hi @ShortErica,

I've been using the BareMinerals Original Foundation for years and it's one of my go to foundations. I branch out and try new ones as well, but keep my BM as it's always reliable and looks great on my skin. <333

49 empties this month! So close to my old goal of 50 a month, however using lots of DS items helped me out there. 

OCT19LOVE.jpg

Spoiler
Loves (not pictured is lush naked shower oil)
New to me:
Honua moana mask: this was smooth and luxurious going on and had a mild earthy smell. Nice and hydrating.
SkinFix hand cream: It did leave a greasy residue but it went away quick. Worked great through the end of last years winter season.
St tropez gel: went on really well even with my hands.
chantecaille rose cream: A trip to luxurious heaven in a jar. Skin looked great and plump. Scent was light and natural. I am low buying until and have a lot to use up or I'd be all over a FS of this. Would definitely buy a FS when the time/price is right.
Bite Beauty Glace crayon: not new to me because I've been working on it maybe 3 years LOL but a shout out to myself for actually finishing a makeup item, let alone a lip item!
Eve lom moisture mask: I wish I'd used this sooner. I didn't because I would worried it would be strongly scented like the cleanser and it wasn't! Nice summer overnight mask. Probably wouldn't be enough for winter. I would use again or purchase a mini but probably wouldn't get through a FS.
Tata Harper Nutrient complex oil: I liked this. It absorbed well but seemed to last longer than a lot of oils I've tried (some others seem to absorb and then disappear and results aren't lasting). I have some others to use up but would consider it again in the future. 

OCT19LIKE.jpg

Spoiler
Likes (new to me)
Josh Rosebrook hydrating accelerator: It was fine. I'd use again but won't repurchase. 
Vita Liberata tan lotion: Love that it's organic. Tan effects are very mild and seem to peak at day 2-3. A couple times it made my feet oompa loompa orange. I'm still on the fence on this. I'd have to use more to make a decision. 
Christophe Robin mask: Not new but I'm more unsure now. Loved before, but I'm not sure if my hair is just dryer now than it was before or if my hair isn't responding as well to it. Still had a lot of split ends and didn't seem as hydrated as after the last use. Might love again after I use my HG restore if my hair seems the same. I have been dying/highlighting my hair more recently too so it may be my hair.
Omorovizca balancing moisturizer: This was okay but it wasn't really for my skin type. I'm not sure why balancing didn't give it away for me initially and I didn't pass it on but I was committed to using it and struggled through the second half of the bottle. No fault of the product, wasn't right for me and wouldn't use again. 
YSL/derm institute/chanel serums: I liked all of them but they were small and only had a handful of uses each, so it's hard to say more. I was pleased that the chanel and YSL weren't strongly scented. 
Emma Hardie Oil:  This is the 3rd emma hardie item I've tried and I've been less than impressed by all of them so far. The oil absorbed quickly and the results were as short lived. I should have put this in the NO pile honestly. 
PawPaw balm: It worked well but very greasy. 

OCT19NO.jpg

Spoiler
No
Secret Deoderant: byeeeeee and hello to natural deodorant for me. 
Lipstick queen: not my color- destashing
Biobelle peach mask: scent was strong and irritated my eyes. 
Laurel honey berry mask: I like honey as an ingredient but don't like the sticky feeling of straight honey on my face and that's what it felt like. 
YTTP cleanser: I know a lot of people love this but I had to destash. 
testing