cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

Wrapped up a little early this month since I'm busy with work later this week, but a low month at 29.

Loves

Spoiler
novlove19.jpg
My dear old straightener died this month. It served me well for 10+ years and I'm excited to try some newer technology
Dr Jart BB is a great medium coverage BB, perfect for every day and has a little glow in it. I am going to use up what I have and then repurchase this.
M 61 is new to me, I liked it and would use again. Gave a good tingle but wasn't too much. 
Pacifica glow mask was new to me also. Glow/hydrating. Would purchase more pacificia.
Kypris glow philtre sample- Yes! Soft and hydrating enzyme mask. I have an enzyme mask open right now and would definitely get a FS when I get through things.
Kypris forest clay mask. I enjoyed this although the sample dried up before I could use again. Not to drying, would try it again.
Ordinary squaline oil- I actually wasn't in love with this when I used it last year but really loved it when I pulled it out to use it up. Maybe it's more suited for fall rather than winter for my skin? 

Okay

Spoiler
nov19like.jpg

SheaMoisture body oil- Good, would use again. Sensitive packaging, I used this once and it leaked all over my travel bag and claimed multiple clothing items and things with it, so I probably wouldn't travel with it again. 
Bum Bum cream- I want to love it but the scent is too much sometimes.
St Moriz tanning lotion- it goes on different/much darker than other products I've used but did dry down to a good natural color. It worked well but comes off easily on towels etc so I felt like I couldn't shower for the couple days I had it on to make sure it was perfect for a wedding I was in. Although it looked good there's so many other things that look good and are more user friendly so I would skip again.

No/Destash

Spoiler
nov19no.jpg

Honest lotion- "Non-greasy" yet somehow greasy and oddly textured. Not very hydrating, fine for summer but no way for cooler weather. I used about 1/2 to 3/4 of this and wouldn't be looking forward to finishing it next year so trash it is. 
Laneige lip mask- I always got a spot on my lips when I used this. Wanted to like. 
Caudalie sample went bad. 

Thanks for including details in your post!  Way to go on getting through some items here. @CC3616 

Nice work on the empties @CC3616! The longevity on your straightner is impressive!

great job!! @CC3616

great job!! @CC3616

LovesLoves

Top Row- Meh   Bottom Row- lovesTop Row- Meh Bottom Row- loves

Lots of good empties @jen81! Nice work getting through the DE retinol.

Yay for using foils @jen81 , I'm so bad with mine. 

Love the vinegar rinse too @jen81 great empties!

Nice collection of empties, @jen81 ! Lots of trial sizes and foils! 

@jen81 I agree with @PenelopeBT, that is one of my favorite retinols! 

Best,
Rebecca

Great empties! I really like the DE A Passioni Retinol Cream because it doesn't dry my skin out, unlike a lot of other retinol creams.

This is a couple months worth I think,can't remember when I last posted.

Loves-I just started using a Beauty Blender a few months ago and I'm completely converted.The UD make up remover works great at taking off my eye make up.The rest is mostly stuff I use regularly.
IMG_9901[1].JPG

Not for me-I found the exfoliating side of this wipe really rough on my skin.

IMG_9903[1].JPG

I've never met a Giorgio Armani Foundation I didn't like. My favorite the Power Fabric because it keeps my oily skin matte all day. However, the Designer Lift looks really interesting because it's an anti aging formula. <333

RE: Empties - 2019

No loves this month. At least I got some of the bad ones out of my stash.

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

We need more hockey-related euphemisms on this board, @cindyvonlovely!

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

Ha... Penalty Box Bad.  I like you're description @cindyvonlovely 

I ran out of a bunch of favorites at once—well, within 3 days of one another. Also finished off 2 things I won’t repurchase. 

Loves: 

Some of my favorite things.Some of my favorite things.

Spoiler
Aquaphor Ointment: 1 tube’s from my bathroom, the other’s from my home office desk. I keep tubes squirreled away throughout my home. 

The Inkey List Retinol: I now use this every other night. It’s working great with the next 2 items on my list to gradually lift my large hyperpigmentation patches. And it’s better for my particular skin than tretinoin, contrary to the belief of Retin-A fans who aren’t my dermatologist. 😄 

Farmacy Very Cherry Bright vitamin C serum: this is the DS I got from Farmacy direct. I’m now working through a full size bottle. I didn’t try this for the cherry scent, though that’s a bonus compared to the usual vit C serum smell. I tried it mainly because it contains multiple forms of both vit C and hyaluronic acid. My skin’s in love. 

FAB Resurfacing Liquid 10% AHA: this was my second or third bottle. I have a few other AHAs awaiting a trial, but I keep reaching for this one. 

Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Eye Serum: yet another bottle emptied. Still the best thing I’ve ever used under my eyes. 

Kimiko Super Fine Eyebrow Pencil: took a while to use this up. Unlike with other brow pencils, when I got very near the end of this one, the product didn’t fall out of the case. Yet another reason why this is my favorite brow pencil. 

Sephora Coconut Water Wipes: took this travel pack on a couple of long weekend trips. Got a friend hooked on them in the process. 😄 

Like but won’t repurchase: 

2 products replaced by a new favorite.2 products replaced by a new favorite.

Spoiler
Lancôme Bi-Facil: my former favorite eye makeup (and any exceptionally stubborn makeup) remover. Last month I switched to Paula’s Choice Gentle Touch makeup Remover, which works just as well but costs much less, has no fragrance, and is gentler on my eyes. 

Tarte Micellar Magic: works well, but not on eye makeup. It has a weird scent I’m not fond of. Honestly, my favorite thing about it was the push pump dispenser. It’s not bad, but the PC makeup remover is much better. 

I have tubes of Aquaphor everywhere too @WinglessOne! 🙂 Great empties and love the background - that's the paper from Beautylish, yes?

Thanks @itsfi ! Yep, that’s this year’s Lucky Bag paper. I forgot I still had some. Might as well put it to good use. 😄 

Hi @WinglessOne,

Great job on your empties! 

Best,
Rebecca

@WinglessOne I couldn't agree more about the tarte micell...

@WinglessOne I couldn't agree more about the tarte micellar water!! I also felt like it tingles more so than any others I've used
1 Reply