cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

49 empties this month! So close to my old goal of 50 a month, however using lots of DS items helped me out there. 

OCT19LOVE.jpg

Spoiler
Loves (not pictured is lush naked shower oil)
New to me:
Honua moana mask: this was smooth and luxurious going on and had a mild earthy smell. Nice and hydrating.
SkinFix hand cream: It did leave a greasy residue but it went away quick. Worked great through the end of last years winter season.
St tropez gel: went on really well even with my hands.
chantecaille rose cream: A trip to luxurious heaven in a jar. Skin looked great and plump. Scent was light and natural. I am low buying until and have a lot to use up or I'd be all over a FS of this. Would definitely buy a FS when the time/price is right.
Bite Beauty Glace crayon: not new to me because I've been working on it maybe 3 years LOL but a shout out to myself for actually finishing a makeup item, let alone a lip item!
Eve lom moisture mask: I wish I'd used this sooner. I didn't because I would worried it would be strongly scented like the cleanser and it wasn't! Nice summer overnight mask. Probably wouldn't be enough for winter. I would use again or purchase a mini but probably wouldn't get through a FS.
Tata Harper Nutrient complex oil: I liked this. It absorbed well but seemed to last longer than a lot of oils I've tried (some others seem to absorb and then disappear and results aren't lasting). I have some others to use up but would consider it again in the future. 

OCT19LIKE.jpg

Spoiler
Likes (new to me)
Josh Rosebrook hydrating accelerator: It was fine. I'd use again but won't repurchase. 
Vita Liberata tan lotion: Love that it's organic. Tan effects are very mild and seem to peak at day 2-3. A couple times it made my feet oompa loompa orange. I'm still on the fence on this. I'd have to use more to make a decision. 
Christophe Robin mask: Not new but I'm more unsure now. Loved before, but I'm not sure if my hair is just dryer now than it was before or if my hair isn't responding as well to it. Still had a lot of split ends and didn't seem as hydrated as after the last use. Might love again after I use my HG restore if my hair seems the same. I have been dying/highlighting my hair more recently too so it may be my hair.
Omorovizca balancing moisturizer: This was okay but it wasn't really for my skin type. I'm not sure why balancing didn't give it away for me initially and I didn't pass it on but I was committed to using it and struggled through the second half of the bottle. No fault of the product, wasn't right for me and wouldn't use again. 
YSL/derm institute/chanel serums: I liked all of them but they were small and only had a handful of uses each, so it's hard to say more. I was pleased that the chanel and YSL weren't strongly scented. 
Emma Hardie Oil:  This is the 3rd emma hardie item I've tried and I've been less than impressed by all of them so far. The oil absorbed quickly and the results were as short lived. I should have put this in the NO pile honestly. 
PawPaw balm: It worked well but very greasy. 

OCT19NO.jpg

Spoiler
No
Secret Deoderant: byeeeeee and hello to natural deodorant for me. 
Lipstick queen: not my color- destashing
Biobelle peach mask: scent was strong and irritated my eyes. 
Laurel honey berry mask: I like honey as an ingredient but don't like the sticky feeling of straight honey on my face and that's what it felt like. 
YTTP cleanser: I know a lot of people love this but I had to destash. 

@CC3616 excellent job, great goal you've set

@CC3616 excellent job, great goal you've set

I love finally throwing out my trash!

Need I say more?Need I say more?The John Frieda hair mask was a surprise "win" for me--I got a good 3 uses out of it and it made my hair soooo soft.  The Biore warming mask was a rediscovery for me but it feels really nice on a cold night.  I already have a backup of the Too Faced Peach Puff lippie and I loved the Colourpop Jellymuch shadow (Doves and Roses) but it dried up and I couldn't revive it.  Finally the two perfume samples were the Lancome Idole and Joe Malone Honeysuckle and Davana.  Classic example of "the sample made me buy it".  See my upcoming Monthly Haul post.The John Frieda hair mask was a surprise "win" for me--I got a good 3 uses out of it and it made my hair soooo soft. The Biore warming mask was a rediscovery for me but it feels really nice on a cold night. I already have a backup of the Too Faced Peach Puff lippie and I loved the Colourpop Jellymuch shadow (Doves and Roses) but it dried up and I couldn't revive it. Finally the two perfume samples were the Lancome Idole and Joe Malone Honeysuckle and Davana. Classic example of "the sample made me buy it". See my upcoming Monthly Haul post.Don't bother.Don't bother.

wooo hooo @CookieGirl1 🙌💞

wooo hooo @CookieGirl1 🙌💞

All of these are ❤️65ABFE6A-C887-4802-870B-BC8701A40BB2.jpeg

Great skincare empties @keana1!!! How did the PTR eye patches work for you?

Thanks @sephoraaddict918 ! The eye patches were very moisturizing but they tend to slide so I had to lie down to use them. I prefer the Wander Beauty Gold eye patches and the Skyn Iceland ones because they stay put and contain peptides. I’m glad that I’ve tried the PTR ones but I won’t repurchase them ( I have the Gold ones left but once they’re finished, I won’t repurchase them either ) . I hope that this helps you! 

Thank you @keana1 that is VERY helpful information!

Nice empties @keana1!

Thanks @ShortErica ! 🥰

great bunch of empties @keana1

great bunch of empties @keana1

Re: great bunch of empties @keana1

Thanks @lmaster ! I took pictures of other empties but Kauai kept photobombing the pictures so I deleted them 😜 !

Hi @Cyncynn ,

Lots of awesome empties! Aquaphor is one of my go-tos for my dry lips 🙂

Best,

Rebecca

@RebeccaBT 

Mine too - unbeatable if you have cracked lips. 

RE: Empties - 2019

Just found this photos I took before moving. First row were great Second row were good Third row was meh or I called it quits.

great job @Cyncynn 🙌💖

great job @Cyncynn 🙌💖

Re: great job @Cyncynn 🙌💖

@lmaster Thank you - I felt so proud lol!

I think I need a better way to store my empties. What/where/how do you guys store yours?

Lots of FS! Korres oil was so strongly fragranced and annoyed my skinLots of FS! Korres oil was so strongly fragranced and annoyed my skinI am behind on my masking thread reviews!I am behind on my masking thread reviews!

@scott1201 That bubble tea mask looks cool! I store mine in a small lululemon reusable shopping bag that usually lives under my sink but sometimes is on the back of the bathroom door or clipped to my towel rack. 

Thank you for the suggestion, @CC3616 ! I think I’ve got a couple of those bags. It would be good since you can wipe it down!

@scott1201 I have some sort of paper bag (not Sephora but that style) from a store that is sturdy enough for my empties. I try to post once a month and until this month it has had all the space I need. I have a lot of full size empties that happened to occur at the same time. I'm excited to post! I don't keep my mask empties. I would suggest post-it notes on your empties if you need a reminder of your feelings toward them.

1 Reply