cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@itsfi we are so close together with our empty totals 🙌

Woohoo! So happy we are in this together @lmaster! ❤️ 

the office whoop gif.gif

With how things are going, I don't think I'll have any work travel (or any travel, for that matter) for the rest of the year, so my plan is to use up all the foil and deluxe size samples I have (and only pick up ones for products I really want to try) in this last half of 2020. I haven't counted what that actually looks like yet, but I'm thinking it'll be around 50+ foils and maybe 30-40 mini's/travel/deluxe samples. 

I am impressed that you finished the REN already, @itsfi! Sorry that it seemed to bother your eyes a bit. That is disappointing to hear. I thought about picking up some of the Quret masks, this gives me a little nudge to go ahead and try them:)

Ha! I thought it was taking me a long time to finish the REN cleanser @eshoe. 😆 I’ve had it since the end of October but didn’t start using it regularly in my rotation until maybe November / December? So 7-8 months and sometimes as both my first and second cleanse. I read somewhere that cleansers should be used up 6 months after opening so I felt like it took me longer than it should have. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Yes, I’d prefer that it didn’t sting my eyes 👁  but I suppose it reaffirms my need for a micellar water or eye makeup remover (or maybe a cleansing wipe) to remove my eye makeup. And also that I need to use a gentler touch should I find myself using a cleanser to remove My eye makeup. Lessons learned. ☺️

Yes, that makes sense, @itsfi. I guess time is just flying by so fast, and I didn’t realize how much time has passed! I guess I need to start working on mine, I’ve only been using it sparingly because I enjoy it so much (that makes absolutely no sense, I know). 

Micellar water is so gentle (most, anyhow), love it for eye makeup removal:)

It makes sense @eshoe.You use the REN sparingly because you enjoy it and want to make it last. That’s understandable. I get it.  

I’m close (somewhat close) to working through a large chunk of my stash of open products and I don’t want to toss out too many things just because I didn’t get to them and they’ve expired as a result. So I’m selecting a handful of skincare products per season to rotate through and focusing on those things. If I swap out a skincare product then, with few exceptions, I can only swap in something else from the “shop my stash” bin. It had its challenges in the beginning but has become a lot more fun. 

That’s a good system, @itsfi. I’m working on getting better at only opening something when I need it, or if I finish a like item. It’s an interesting approach, and a different mentality than just breezing through one product at a time. The seasonal rotation reminds me of adjusting fragrances in the same way. I had never thoughtfully considered that a heavier scent would be more appropriate in the fall, yet found myself naturally drawn to different scents throughout the year. It is almost innate, but is more exciting when it is recognized and planned in advance. Maybe not for everyone, but the hope of change is part of what makes the seasons appealing, so why not the anticipation of trying different products then, too?

That’s an extra-lengthy way of saying that I really like your idea;)

Re: Empties - 2019

I think I need a better way to store my empties. What/where/how do you guys store yours?

Lots of FS! Korres oil was so strongly fragranced and annoyed my skinLots of FS! Korres oil was so strongly fragranced and annoyed my skinI am behind on my masking thread reviews!I am behind on my masking thread reviews!

@scott1201 That bubble tea mask looks cool! I store mine in a small lululemon reusable shopping bag that usually lives under my sink but sometimes is on the back of the bathroom door or clipped to my towel rack. 

Thank you for the suggestion, @CC3616 ! I think I’ve got a couple of those bags. It would be good since you can wipe it down!

@scott1201 I have some sort of paper bag (not Sephora but that style) from a store that is sturdy enough for my empties. I try to post once a month and until this month it has had all the space I need. I have a lot of full size empties that happened to occur at the same time. I'm excited to post! I don't keep my mask empties. I would suggest post-it notes on your empties if you need a reminder of your feelings toward them.

Oh thank you for the suggestion, @ShortErica ! Also I realized I never answered your question of how the heck I finished thee Laneige in 8 months... basically, I work from home now so it’s the only balm I use! I typically do a big slather each morning and night, sometimes a little use during the day!

Hi @scott1201,

I am always looking for a new shaving cream. I will have to give it a try! 

Best,

Rebecca

Nice empties @scott1201!!! I need a better storage system for my empties too. I currently use a plastic basket, but it is too small  By the end of the month, I have amassed quite the mountain of empties, and it's hard to keep it all in the basket.

I feel your pain, @sephoraaddict918 ! We have lots of good suggestions here!

I always store mine in an empty sephora bag under my sink. @scott1201 

Great idea, @emaisgr8 !

@scott1201  I’m always impressed when someone finishes a FS Laneige lip mask. How long did that take you? I’m maybe 1/3 done with mine and I’ve had it for a year. 😄 

I store my empties in a paper Bloomingdales “little brown bag.” I usually mark (with a Sharpie) the backs of things I either hate or don’t like enough to repurchase. I don’t really need to mark the hated items because their crimes are often etched in my brain; the second I see them, I remember how/why they offended me. 😄 It’s the mostly-dislikes/don’t-like-enoughs I sometimes forget about. I’ve even jotted very brief notes on the backs of those empties, like “dislike: too drying” or “just ok, not worth $.” 

Haha, I agree in the hate it/dislikes front! 

Also, for the Laneige, it’s basically, literally, the only lip balm I use now! I work from home so I can go into the bathroom and use it when I need a refresh of moisture. Also I’ve got some super dry lips! @WinglessOne 

"Their crimes are often etched in my brain"- I laughed out loud with this. Isn't this the truth!! 😄😄

@WinglessOne 

Hi @scott1201 ,

I love the Laneige Sleeping Mask and feel so sad when I finish a dry shampoo. I feel like I am always buying a new one. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

testing