cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

Thanks @RebeccaBT!

good job! @ShortErica keep pushing those products! 😉

good job! @ShortErica keep pushing those products! 😉

Re: good job! @ShortErica keep pushing those products! 😉

I felt like I started so slow but now it's some here and then some more there @lmaster. I'll be curious for my end of year totals.

@ShortErica  Nice set of empties! 

About sunscreen powders: I use SUPERGOOP! - Invincible Setting Powder SPF 45 as my sunscreen re-up throughout the day, if I’m wearing any makeup besides brow pencil and lipstick. It’s very portable and easy to use, once you figure out how not to dispense too much powder at once. 😂 I don’t usually go for a matte finish all over my face, but this powder’s good at toning down any liquid/gel/cream sunscreen’s super shine effect. The retractable brush can be removed for cleaning. I don’t like any brand’s sunscreen spray, so powders are best for me—aside from carrying and reapplying my base sunscreen throughout the day. 

I second your powder sunscreen recommendation @WinglessOne. I love the Supergoop Invincible Setting Powder. Besides bringing it on the go for touch ups, I love putting this in my gym bag as it's the easiest way to re-apply sunscreen after a workout. <333

Hi @WinglessOne ,

I have been looking for a powder SPF for reapplying through out the day! I will have to check this one out! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Thanks for the suggestion @WinglessOne! Have you tried any others and if so, any to definitely avoid?

@ShortErica  There are a couple others I wanted to try. Supergoop’s is the first one I tested and it performs so well for me, I haven’t rushed to try any other brand’s. 😄 

Derma E makes one I had planned to try. Tarte also makes one that Sephora sells: tarte Tarteguard Mineral Powder Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 0.28 oz/ 8 g Physicians Formula makes an SPF 30 pressed powder compact I’m told is quite good. I haven’t dug deeper to find out if any of those are good for dry or mostly-dry combo skin; I’d need something that doesn’t cake up or make my face look like sand. Supergoop’s doesn’t do that to me: it’s formulated with moisturizing ingredients. 

Hopefully anyone else who’s tried a sunscreen powder will pipe up. 🙂

Posting an overflowing empties bag. This is several months worth of trash. 

The WinnersThe Winners

All of these have already been repurchased or will be in the future: Sephora Collection Banana Lip Balm, Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Oil Shampoo, Lancome Monsier Big mascara, Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil, Coola Rosilliance BB Cream, ColorScience Face Shield sunscreen, Laneige Water Sleeping Mask, Shiseido cotton squares, Beautyblender liquid cleanser, Belif Moisturizing Bomb, Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet Cream

The EhhhhhhsThe Ehhhhhhs

All of these were ok, just not great and don't merit a re-(or full) purchase: Sulwhasoo oil cleanser, Estee Lauder Advanced Night Serum, Tata Harper Resurfacing Serum, Korres Wild Rose Sleep Facial, Ole Henriksen Forces of Nature Hand Cream, Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Oil, Philosophy Ultimate Miracle Worker day cream, Kate Somerville Oil-Free Moisturizer, Ahava Deadsea Hand Cream, Becca Velvet Blurring Primer, AmorePacific Moisture Bound Hydra-Gel, Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum, L'Occitane Ulta Rich Body Cream, Too Faced Hangover Primer, Dermalogica Ultracalming Barrer Repair, Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream, Strivectin Deep Repair Hair Mask, Sachajuan moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, Strivectin Max Volume shampoo and Conditioner

The Oh-NosThe Oh-Nos

These were just terrible for me a variety of reasons: The Sephora Collection Rose Hair Sleeping Mask for its awful scent, Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme because makeup shouldn't hurt, Shiseido Wetforce sunscreen just didn't work for my skin at all, Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte Sunscreen was the wrong tint for me, Ole Henriksen Counter Balance Hydrator for its horrific smell, and Farmacy Clean Bee cleanser for its unpleasant scent and never feeling like it washed off easily. 

@quspork  did the Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte™ Physical Daily Defense Face Sunscreen SPF 30

give you any rash? The regular one was good but the tinted gives me a rash 🤷‍♀️

Yikes! Fortunately, I escaped the rash, @ather. Sorry it didn't work for you either. 

I loved looking at your "winners" list, @quspork, because so many of those are favorites of mine as well!  Curious about your thoughts on the Tata Harper Resurfacing & Brightening AHA + BHA Serum with Vitamin C 1 oz/30 mLthough, since I've never used it and I've been curuious about it--what didn't you like about it?

I just didn't see any sort of difference in my skin with it, @CookieGirl1. And for that price tag, I would need to see some sort of results by the end of the bottle! 

Thanks, @quspork.  You're right, Tata Harper does have a pretty price tag to go with it.

@quspork, what didn't you like about the Sulwhasoo oil cleanser?  I heard that brand is really good, but have never tried before.  Would love to hear your opinions, good or bad.

It was mostly the scent, @angelKiss24. It wasn't terrible, but it's far from my favorite. It's a good consistency and seemed to do a good job overall of removing makeup. But I have others that I prefer, that's why it ended up in the just ok group. 

too bad there's so many that were not super impressive, @...

too bad there's so many that were not super impressive, @quspork but at least you know what you like 😉

Re: too bad there's so many that were not super impressive, @...

I think I'm just getting picky in my old age, @lmaster 😂

@quspork awesome group of products. I love the color science tinted face shield and will be ordering full size soon. It works great under makeup. The coola bb is really nice too. I ultimately decided on the supergoop because I liked the finish a bit more. 

Hi @quspork ,

Wow this is impressive! Great set of empties! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Weekly 🗑!22654D2C-454E-477D-86E6-6446F314B550.jpeg

392D9836-55C7-48BA-B7B7-1C5420AA7A32.jpeg

1947F03F-7ACC-4968-961E-E4970B7ACD2E.jpeg

Spoiler
Just about everything was good, the Oh K! mask didn’t want to stay put and the Lily mask would have been great if it didn’t have methylparaben. The Rose lip scrub was SO heavily perfumes I couldn’t use it on my lips😆 I could barely tolerate it as a body scrub!
testing