cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

@eshoe thank you haha! It's a decent lip balm, but I don't really like the pink tint it leaves.  It's similar to the new glow recipe lip pop in that it leaves a pink tint based on the pH of your lips, but I would have preferred it to just be colorless.  I was only able to finish it because I only ever used it at work (emergency stash), and always kept it at my desk (so very low risk of me losing it or throwing it in the wash 😅)

Ahhhh wow and now you answered a question I didn’t know I had @averylayne. The GR sounds like a mood ring for your lips. Hmmm. Very good to know! 

@eshoe yes! mood ring! haha I never thought of it that way, but it totally is!

Congrats on finishing that lip balm @averylayne! 🙌🏼 Such a great feeling! 😃You’re a champ to us whether or not you finished it! 🤗 

Thank you @itsfi  😊 , you are so sweet !

Re: Empties - 2019

November-December 2019 Empties 

LovesLoves

• I've really been loving 100% Pure hair products, and their sheet masks are my all time favorite! The "Does it All" mask is my favorite from them, and the "Anti-Acne" mask when I'm dealing with a breakout. 
  • The Clinique make up wipes are my favorite wipes to date, but I won't be repurchasing anytime soon as I have other wipes to go through first. 
  • I really enjoyed the Feeling Beautiful mask. I got it at Sallybeauty.com, and of course now it's no longer on their website. I'm hoping it'll be in the store because this is one I would definitely repurchase. 

LikesLikes

• The BBW hand soaps are nice sometimes, but I'm finding I'm not as excited about hand soaps as I used to be. Softsoap has been working just fine for me, and it's less expensive. 
  • After I go through my many razor back-ups, I'll be on the hunt for my holy grail razor. I'm wanting something that already has the soap around the blades but not as chunky as the Intuition razors. Waste not, want not.Waste not, want not.
  • The makeup wipes were usable but not my fav. I have a number of back-ups of the yes-to when I got them on sale for $1 each. I didn't care for the scent of the Ofra wipes. 
  • The Covergirl eyeliner just dried out too quickly. I hardly got to use it. 
  • The floss gets the job done. Since I started wearing invisalign, I go through floss fairly quickly, and I think I found another floss I really like. 

Hi @ThePopcornQuest ,

I think we should start an Invisalign thread! I finished mine last year and I am so glad I did it! Floss became even more important when I got Invisalign. You have a great set of empties. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Thanks! I have about 7 months left with Invisalign. I'm excited for the end results! So glad to hear you're glad you got Invisalign! 

@ThePopcornQuest I love that you catorgized your no section as « waste not, want not ». This is something my grandmother always said and perfectly Simms up my need to use products, not just discard them, even if they’re no where near à lové! 

I do declutter when something really just isn't working for me, but otherwise I like to make a game out of seeing how long I can go before I have to buy another item. 

@ThePopcornQuest @Is the Feeling Beautiful mask the blackberry one? Sounds like it would have an amazing scent!

@eshoeYes the blackberry one! It did smell really good. I hope I can find it again. I just tried the strawberry one by the same brand last night; it was good, but the blackberry one is still my favorite thus far. 

Decent fruity-scented masks are hard to come by, @ThePopcornQuest. So many lean toward artificial or are perfumed. Very good to know!

Yeah, there are some good ingredients in the blackberry mask; some could be better. The 100% Pure masks on the far right have some amazing ingredients in them; however, they are definitely more herbal scented, so I hear what you're saying about it being difficult to find a good fruity scented mask. 

What floss do you like better than Glide @ThePopcornQuest? It's my dad's favorite so if there's a better one I'd like to get it for him.

@ShortEricaWell, I am using Dr. Schmidt floss, but I just looked it up and now I see it has been discontinued. Alas, all my favorite things are being discontinued. 😞 

Oh no @ThePopcornQuest! I hate when that happens!

August 2019 Empties

Empties-2019.08.PNG

Nivea Sun Protect SPF 50 PA+++

Spoiler
This is my daily sunscreen. Really wish it didn't have alcohol but it pretty cosmetically pleasing with or without makeup. Without it can be a little shiny for my liking though. Plan to try a couple sample sunscreens I have then see if this is my go-to.

Vaseline aloe lotion

Spoiler
I was a big couponer..I guess I still coupon but not to the extent I used to. I got in the bad habit of buying things just because they were cheap as opposed to things I needed. I had so much Vaseline lotion and after finishing this one, now only have 1 left - yay! I liked the aloe one. Thought it was nice and light for summer. Would I buy it again? Maybe if I had coupons. It's not the most amazing lotion ever but was fine.

CeraVe Baby lotion

Spoiler
Because this and the CeraVe PM have similar ingredients - the ceramides, hyaluronic acid, and niacinamide - I decided to test if this could be a substitute for it. This is thicker and at first I thought I would definitely go back to the CeraVe PM as my daily lotion vs. this one. But now that I'm using CeraVe PM, I remember the new formulation's viscosity was made even thinner...maybe too thin. I want to see how quickly I use this up compared to the old formula and compare price per use. In any case, if you don't mind a somewhat thicker face lotion - this is packed with some good ingredients and I'd give it a thumbs up.

Coola makeup setting spray SPF 30

Spoiler
I was sent this in unicorn mail from the lovely @faeriegirl. This was so nice to try but I don't think is something I would purchase. I am pretty dedicated to using SPF and saw this product as a great refresher for the end of the day when I would only be out in the sun for an hour for sports before it became dark. It did smell like sunscreen but the spray was even and I assume it was decently effective - like I said, I wasn't out in the sun long but I never had any burns. If it crossed my path, I'd use it but wouldn't seek it out. I am curious about powder SPF in those brush contraptions - gimmicky or useful?

Misc. hotel lotion

Spoiler
Last two are lotions from hotels. The first was an aloe and mint one I think and the 2nd had more of an aromatherapy/spa smell. Both were fine and I'm glad they are no longer lingering on my counter. Use and move on!

This is impressive @ShortErica ! I always feel proud when I have used a full container of lotion! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Me too @JaneanBT. Some lotions tend to last a while.

@ShortErica Great empties! 

Best,

Rebecca

1 Reply
testing