cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

RE: Empties - 2019

Hi, friends. This is about 6 weeks of Empties. I’m just gonna mention major breakthroughs so I don’t get overwhelmed by the sheer volume this week. As you can see, I’ve been trying a lot of Ordinary products. I just wanted to see if there was anything I was missing out on (FOMO). I thought the Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA was a very worthy moisturizer for my dry, sensitive, rosacea type skin. I will probably repurchase at some point, as it’s a very good value, unscented, and is very hydrating. Farmacy Green Screen sunscreen, which is no longer offered on Sephora US, got rebranded as Green Defense and is available on Farmacy’s website. It is my HG of daily sunscreens. It’s unscented, works well under makeup, does not clog my pores or irritate my sensitive skin. It’s a great regular daily use spf 30. Charlotte Tilbury Magic foundation. This was the 0 fair shade, which I’ve since determined is too pale for me and looks a little too white. I like the formulation: does not settle in creases and is forgiving if I get a little dryness around my nose from the retin a. Good product for dry skin, very buildable for added versatility. Does not cause me to break out. I went through 2 bottles before I figured out the 0 shade was not right. I’m halfway thru a 1 fair shade now, now noticing it’s a little too yellowish for my skin tone. Yesterday I had an epiphany that I need to blend the 0 and 1. So, going forward, that is my new vision. Mind you, I’ve tried about 12 foundations of various brands and shades in the last year and this is my favorite formula so I really want it to work. Another major breakthrough is the Briogeo Rosarco Milk leave in conditioner. I’ve been loving Briogeo’s rinse out conditioners as HG for quite awhile. I have a hubby who has major sensitivity to fragrance (gets migraines) so the thought of spraying anything aerosolized at home scares me. But, I rolled the dice bc I love Briogeo, trying this mini while he was out of town. Bingo. It’s a natural, fruity/milky fragrance that leaves my hair even prettier than the rinse out conditioners. Love this stuff. He does not object. Yay! This leaves my hair super soft and manageable and not weighed down. Major win. Full size purchased.

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

Fab empties @christyrc! I’m happy to hear that The Ordinary moisturizer is a good one for winter. I’ve wondered about it for a long time and think I may finally give it a go this winter! 😊

I love the Sachajuan shampoo & conditioners, @christyrc

@christyrc @The brio geo is 🙌I’m on my third bottle and I love the stuff. A little goes a long way for me. The Korres face wash is also so nice. Great empties!!

Glad you found a foundation formula you like, that’s a major win.

Thanks for your review @christyrc I have many many foundations myself, at the next to or palest of every line and always searching for a better shade/formula. That CT is one I haven't tried yet. Maybe I should get a sample and give it a go!

Hi @christyrc ,

Thanks for sharing your empties! I loved hearing about your experience with The Ordinary! They seem to be a good affordable option! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Re: Empties - 2019

July empties (sheet masks not included, I'll post separately another day)

LOVESLOVES

Spoiler
Eminence Bright Skin Licorice Root Booster - Serum -  the licorice root in this booster-serum works very nicely at helping fade away discoloration and sun spots. I treat it like a spot treatment, apply a light layer all over and then spot treat the areas of my face that have some sun spots.

Shangpree Gold Black Pearl Eye Mask – these feel cool and refreshing on my under eye, which I enjoy having on morning and night, and make me look more awake, fresh, which I also like. I would use these again and will repurchase once I’ve gone through my other jars of eye gel masks.

Drunk Elephant Slaai Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser – My first few times of using this cleanser were mixed – really liked it but noticed it left a bit of film on my face afterwards; nothing that my second cleanser wouldn’t take care of but I preferred if it didn’t leave the film. As I worked my way through the jar, I wasn’t experiencing the film on my skin. I thought maybe I had gotten used to it, but that wasn’t the case. It really was that the top layer of the balm seemed to leave a film but that once I got past that layer all was good.

AmorePacific Vintage Single Extract Essence – loooooove. <333 I’m pretty sure I have a few DS and I’ll be making those last me until the November sale when I will pick up another gorgeous bottle of this beauty.

A’Pieu Hyaluthione Soonsoo Daily Sheet Mask  – I masked every day in July with these sheet masks and it made a noticeable difference in my skin. I love that the essence in this thin mask has 5 different types of hyaluronic acid and that it's made without parabens. I think I'll give these another run in the fall / winter months. 

Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water – a holy grail product for me. I've lost count of the number of bottles I've gone through; it’s a staple in my routine. We're going to grow old together. 🙂

LikesLikes

Spoiler

Nature’s Way Sambucus Standardized Elderberry Gummies Immune Support – they’re gummies; they’re gluten-free and gelatin-free; they’re good for immune support … did I mention they’re gummies?!!! 🙂

Fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Mask – I like this more as a cleanser than I do as a face mask and feel like its more effective for me to use it that way.

Phyto PhytoKeratine Extreme Exceptional Mask – this stuff does not mess around. It works best for me in the winter and/or as a treatment during those times when I use heating or thermal products (blow dryer, curling iron, flat iron, etc.) with more frequency. 

Jo Malone Vitamin E Gel
– I initially found this one to be just okay but a recent bout of severely dry lips made me realize the value of this beauty. It’s nice to have on hand for the winter and those times during the year when my lips are super dry.

Kiehl’s Calendula Serum-Infused Water Cream
– it’s too light to work as a moisturizer on my dehydrated skin, even in the summer months when skin is more combo than dry, but it is such a great product to use as a serum, before my moisturizer, especially in the warmer months.

boscia Luminizing Black Mask – I wasn't so sure about this one at first and then @heartsmyface suggested dermaplaning those areas where it hurt when I peeled off this mask and ... tah dah! this mask becomes a "like it!" as opposed to a "leave it!"

Maybes, Mehs & NoMaybes, Mehs & No

Spoiler

Meh  –  Aveda Sap Moss Weightless Hydration Shampoo & Aveda Sap Moss Weightless Hydration Conditioner  – my hair does feel lighter and hydrated after using the shampoo and conditioner, but the scent on this one is a little too much for me. I'm usually good with herbaceous scents but there's something else in this one that doesn't make my nose very happy.

NO – Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater & Pink Peppercorn Body Wash – woah there! The very strong, very “I’m here” fragrance on this one presented some challenges to my nose. It took a while to use it up and I found that it’s something I’m more inclined to reach for if I mix it with another body wash, one that can help to tone down or neutralize the scent on this one.

Maybe – Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Face Cream – it’s an alright skincare product; I think I’d like it as a serum in the coldest months of the year, applied before my moisturizer. I may try to pick up another sample of it during the wintertime to test that out.

Maybe – Olly girl Multi Daily Supplement – yes this is targeted for girls ages 12-17 and yes, I am definitely not within that age range! lol. I picked this up when one of my cousins was here with her mom visiting local colleges. She wasn’t fond of it and I didn’t want it to go to waste so there you have it. I wouldn’t be opposed to repurchasing but I'll probably pick up something that is more geared towards my age group.

I love strong rose body wash, I’ll have to try that one day.

@howconnie, definitely give this one a try if you like strong rose scents. I was able to get used to it but I prefer a lighter scent. I found this one at TJ Maxx / Marshalls.

@itsfi Lots of great products! How did you like the vitamins? 

Best,

Rebecca

Thank you @RebeccaBT! 🤗 I like the gummy vitamins alright. I think I’m still trying to find the right combo of vitamins / supplements I like best, which really means the ones I remember to take consistently. 😆

Out of curiousity, @itsfi, what kind of results did you see with the AmorePacific?

@CookieGirl1, when I use it consistently I notice my skin is more hydrated, plump and glowy. Also I see less redness in certain areas of my face.

Empties - 2019

weekly empties loves, likes and didn't work for me anymore, the quai is nice, but I wasn't feeling the scent, same with the Dearpacker mask. summer Fridays and PTR just started to become too absasive for my skin. the coola is good for the kids to do a touch up, but it contains alcohol, which I'm not too fond of

Using the Coola spray as touch-up is a great idea, @lmaster. I use it overall but the tan lines are still noticeable. Need some under the spf there;)

Haha!! @eshoe  thanks lovely!

Nice work @lmaster! 💗💕

Thank you @itsfi 🤗🌻

omg to the Cinderella sheet mask - was it decent?! lol shes my fave!

@SAlyFitz it was decent for sure, just had horse fat as the last ingredient, I've never seen that before

1 Reply
testing