cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

Empties from the week:

Masks are all loves. I had a horrible sinus congestion issue late in the week so the steam eye masks were a god send. I don't think i would have been able to sleep without them. The two wash off mask empties were me just trying to use them up. The PTR is okay but i don't think i would purchase (this was gratis) it's just too difficult to wash off and i don't see any big benefits of using it. The Fresh mask is just kind of a weird texture that i don't love. Plus, Rose isn't really my favorite scent. Love the Clinique, Jack Black, and Biossance so much. Everything else is just kind of par for the course - not exciting but not bad.

IMG_9214.jpgIMG_9213.jpg

Nice empties @scott1201! Youโ€™ve gotten me hooked on Jack Black lip balms. ๐Ÿฅฐ I just picked up another flavor the other day.

@scott1201 So many great empties! So sorry you weren't feeling well! I hope you are feeling better. 

Best,
Rebecca

Below are my July empties! I'm feeling super lazy this month, so I'm giving a drive by review.

Most of everything is a Love / Like except for some of the samples, which were just okay, and the CeraVe Cleanser, which was a definite no. I think I'm allergic to something in the cleanser because the feeling went from tingling to burning over time as I used it. I was able to get through most of the bottle before I had to declutter it, but I obviously won't repurchase it. 

I really like both the Pink and Gold MAC Glitter Fix+ Sprays, but I would only buy the Gold Spray again. The Pink didn't really show up on me until I got towards the end. Then, the spray would leave pink splotches all over my face. The Gold gave my face more sparkle than the Pink did, and my face look more golden toward the end from the increased concentration of sparkle. I really liked my sun kissed face!

IMG_0496.jpg

Nice work on the empties @sephoraaddict918! I see a lot of great skincare! Fun! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

You were able to use alot

Nice set of empties @sephoraaddict918 

Hi @sephoraaddict918 ,

This is such a impressive set of empties! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@sephoraaddict918 WOW! You got through so many products! Good job ๐Ÿ™‚

Best,
Rebecca

That's so unfortunate about the CeraVe cleanser @sephoraaddict918. I love it as a 2nd step for double cleansing but I've also heard they reformulated. I'm curious to compare my ingredients from my current bottle on the new ones when I run out. Glad the other products were loves or likes!

That would interesting to know which ingredients changed @ShortErica, especially since I also use the foaming CeraVe cleanser, and I have no issues with that one. 

I'll make sure to post when I get a new bottle if I notice the ingredients are changed @sephoraaddict918 

great job!! @sephoraaddict918 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™Œ

great job!! @sephoraaddict918 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™Œ

RE: Empties - 2019

Hi, friends. This is about 6 weeks of Empties. Iโ€™m just gonna mention major breakthroughs so I donโ€™t get overwhelmed by the sheer volume this week. As you can see, Iโ€™ve been trying a lot of Ordinary products. I just wanted to see if there was anything I was missing out on (FOMO). I thought the Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA was a very worthy moisturizer for my dry, sensitive, rosacea type skin. I will probably repurchase at some point, as itโ€™s a very good value, unscented, and is very hydrating. Farmacy Green Screen sunscreen, which is no longer offered on Sephora US, got rebranded as Green Defense and is available on Farmacyโ€™s website. It is my HG of daily sunscreens. Itโ€™s unscented, works well under makeup, does not clog my pores or irritate my sensitive skin. Itโ€™s a great regular daily use spf 30. Charlotte Tilbury Magic foundation. This was the 0 fair shade, which Iโ€™ve since determined is too pale for me and looks a little too white. I like the formulation: does not settle in creases and is forgiving if I get a little dryness around my nose from the retin a. Good product for dry skin, very buildable for added versatility. Does not cause me to break out. I went through 2 bottles before I figured out the 0 shade was not right. Iโ€™m halfway thru a 1 fair shade now, now noticing itโ€™s a little too yellowish for my skin tone. Yesterday I had an epiphany that I need to blend the 0 and 1. So, going forward, that is my new vision. Mind you, Iโ€™ve tried about 12 foundations of various brands and shades in the last year and this is my favorite formula so I really want it to work. Another major breakthrough is the Briogeo Rosarco Milk leave in conditioner. Iโ€™ve been loving Briogeoโ€™s rinse out conditioners as HG for quite awhile. I have a hubby who has major sensitivity to fragrance (gets migraines) so the thought of spraying anything aerosolized at home scares me. But, I rolled the dice bc I love Briogeo, trying this mini while he was out of town. Bingo. Itโ€™s a natural, fruity/milky fragrance that leaves my hair even prettier than the rinse out conditioners. Love this stuff. He does not object. Yay! This leaves my hair super soft and manageable and not weighed down. Major win. Full size purchased. โœ…

Re: RE: Empties - 2019

Fab empties @christyrc! Iโ€™m happy to hear that The Ordinary moisturizer is a good one for winter. Iโ€™ve wondered about it for a long time and think I may finally give it a go this winter! ๐Ÿ˜Š

I love the Sachajuan shampoo & conditioners, @christyrc

@christyrc @The brio geo is ๐Ÿ™ŒIโ€™m on my third bottle and I love the stuff. A little goes a long way for me. The Korres face wash is also so nice. Great empties!!

Glad you found a foundation formula you like, thatโ€™s a major win.

Thanks for your review @christyrc I have many many foundations myself, at the next to or palest of every line and always searching for a better shade/formula. That CT is one I haven't tried yet. Maybe I should get a sample and give it a go!

Hi @christyrc ,

Thanks for sharing your empties! I loved hearing about your experience with The Ordinary! They seem to be a good affordable option! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Why did my picture get turned?!Why did my picture get turned?!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Top row:
Loves and/or repurchases 
-Anastasia brow whiz
-Sephora mud mask (makes me realize maybe mud masks arent bad)
-Better Than S*x mascara  - yesss
-Ordinary Buffet and Niacinamide- all the yeses with these 2
-deoderant- a much needed item

Bottom Row:
Just ok.

I'm still waiting for this to work...verdict is outI'm still waiting for this to work...verdict is out

MehMeh

Spoiler
Spoiler
Meh:
-Collagen eye masks- dried out quick, some people love these
-Olehendrikson banana bright eye cream- wasn't in love
-Maybelline unstoppable eyeliner- it doesnt transfer as half as bad as other pricey eyeliners on the waterline. However, it doesn't leave a dark line.

Great masks! Best are on the right sideGreat masks! Best are on the right side

July empties!