cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

@l8totheparty  For me, the ANR serum was especially nice on exfoliation nights. It felt like a soothing smoothie after the DDG peels. (I stopped using those peels because of alcohol burn.) And itโ€™s a good antioxidant boost. But for the price, I can easily sub it. Thereโ€™s another Estรฉe Lauder serum most folks like betterโ€”I donโ€™t recall the name but it comes in a purple bottleโ€”but my skin had a very bumpy reaction to it, so nope. 

My my only complaint about Buffet is its lack of antioxidants. But other steps in my routine make up for that. ๐Ÿ™‚ The Ordinary does make very good stuff! 

Hm.  Antioxidants.  What are some recommendations for products with antioxidants?  I don't think I've been looking at that.  @WinglessOne 

@l8totheparty  Well, there are so many antioxidants, I canโ€™t list them all, let alone remember 1/2 of them. ๐Ÿ˜„ Different antioxidants can help protect skin from pollutants, as well as brighten, firm, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, soothe redness, and balance uneven skin tone. Vitamins C, E, and A (retinol) are antioxidants most folks know and love. Other common antioxidant ingredients are green/black/white/ tea, ferulic acid, coQ10, various berries, vitamin B3 (niacinamide, already one of your best friends ๐Ÿ™‚ ), and plenty more Iโ€™m forgetting right now. Some facial oils, like rosehip, are also good sources of antioxidants. 

My moisturizer contains green tea, kale, with vitamins C, E, and B5 (panthenol), so I get 2 daily doses of antioxidants, plus more if I also use one of my face oils. My eye serum contains ferulic acid and retinol. Iโ€™m using a 1% retinol serum twice a week now. And I do have a vitamin C serum that contains a mix of antioxidants but honestly, Iโ€™m not sure yet if I like it. 

Ok, whew. I seem to have a lot of those popular ingredients in my skincare.  Here I was worried I had none. ๐Ÿ™„ 

I do wonder at times if I might be overlapping hard in some areas, but as long as it isn't in the exfoliants, I'm not as concerned at the moment. 

I have found that I'm not able to use vitamin C everyday, as my skin ends up flushed with it if used that often.  I'm currently going for a once every couple of days sort of thing, seeing what works. 

Thanks for all the info!

@WinglessOne 

Great empties @WinglessOne! Love The Ordinary Buffet serum; I'm thinking about trying out The Ordinary Buffet + Copper Peptides. That stinks about the Crabtree & Evelyn products - hopefully your TJ Maxx / Marshalls will have more of them again - the ones near me restock certain things in waves.I remember seeing a lot of them a few months ago, then nothing and now I see a couple here and there - I'll keep an eye out for you.

Thanks @itsfi ! There was a C&E outlet store at a Florida outlet mall I used to visit while visiting my parents. That place was a treasure trove of discontinued products. It disappeared last year. โ˜น๏ธ Now Iโ€™m searching for a new body wash; Iโ€™ve got several on deck to try, including a Lush one I usually only use in the winter. But Iโ€™d be thrilled to have bottles of that jojoba body wash again.

Iโ€™ve also considered trying Buffet + Copper Peptides. The color concerns me a bit ๐Ÿ˜‚ but at such a low price, itโ€™s probably worth trying. I just restocked 2 bottles of regular Buffet, so Iโ€™ll wait til theyโ€™re empty before buying the copper peptides version. 

I have also wondered about trying the copper Buffet out as well!  I more regular to go and then it may happen. @WinglessOne @itsfi 

April.jpg

My empties from April. Someone wouldn't let me get a decent photo lol.

Love-
BBW Summer Nights Lotion
Wax Melts
Gucci Guilty

Ok-
Marc Jacobs Mod Noir
Schmidt's Deodorant

Hate-
Juicy Couture Majestic Woods-Destash

No Opinion-
Clairins Body Tonic
Sephora Coconut Mask

Destash-
Whish Iced Fig Body Gel
Taylor Swift Body Gel

Total-43/100.

@Samtian your kitty looks a lot like my Marmite (who also likes to get in the way when I'm trying to photograph things).

@sockmagnet  How cute!! Have you shared a photo in the pets thread? I'd love to see!

@Samtian Let me show all of you what model paw looks liked. Hold on pet human ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

@blackkitty2014  Haha he just loves to play with anything and everything that moves.

your kitty is so cute! @Samtian

your kitty is so cute! @Samtian

Re: your kitty is so cute! @Samtian

@lmaster  He's a spoiled t u r d. And he knows it lol.

Adds character to your empties @Samtian! ๐Ÿ™‚ Nice job.

@ShortErica  Haha thanks!

@Samtian  Aww thatโ€™s so cute. I feel like your cat and my baby are the same. I try and take pictures and he just messes them up!

@ather  Kids I tell ya!

RE: Re: Empties - 2019

Haha @Samtian itโ€™s nice to have a furry little friend who has similar hobbies and interests!

Re: RE: Re: Empties - 2019

@christyrc  That would be nice! Apollo likes destruction and chaos lol.

@samtian, I miss the Beach Nights so much!

@Samtian, I miss the Beach Nights so much!
testing