cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

Hm.  Antioxidants.  What are some recommendations for products with antioxidants?  I don't think I've been looking at that.  @WinglessOne 

@l8totheparty  Well, there are so many antioxidants, I can’t list them all, let alone remember 1/2 of them. 😄 Different antioxidants can help protect skin from pollutants, as well as brighten, firm, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, soothe redness, and balance uneven skin tone. Vitamins C, E, and A (retinol) are antioxidants most folks know and love. Other common antioxidant ingredients are green/black/white/ tea, ferulic acid, coQ10, various berries, vitamin B3 (niacinamide, already one of your best friends 🙂 ), and plenty more I’m forgetting right now. Some facial oils, like rosehip, are also good sources of antioxidants. 

My moisturizer contains green tea, kale, with vitamins C, E, and B5 (panthenol), so I get 2 daily doses of antioxidants, plus more if I also use one of my face oils. My eye serum contains ferulic acid and retinol. I’m using a 1% retinol serum twice a week now. And I do have a vitamin C serum that contains a mix of antioxidants but honestly, I’m not sure yet if I like it. 

Ok, whew. I seem to have a lot of those popular ingredients in my skincare.  Here I was worried I had none. 🙄 

I do wonder at times if I might be overlapping hard in some areas, but as long as it isn't in the exfoliants, I'm not as concerned at the moment. 

I have found that I'm not able to use vitamin C everyday, as my skin ends up flushed with it if used that often.  I'm currently going for a once every couple of days sort of thing, seeing what works. 

Thanks for all the info!

@WinglessOne 

Great empties @WinglessOne! Love The Ordinary Buffet serum; I'm thinking about trying out The Ordinary Buffet + Copper Peptides. That stinks about the Crabtree & Evelyn products - hopefully your TJ Maxx / Marshalls will have more of them again - the ones near me restock certain things in waves.I remember seeing a lot of them a few months ago, then nothing and now I see a couple here and there - I'll keep an eye out for you.

Thanks @itsfi ! There was a C&E outlet store at a Florida outlet mall I used to visit while visiting my parents. That place was a treasure trove of discontinued products. It disappeared last year. ☹️ Now I’m searching for a new body wash; I’ve got several on deck to try, including a Lush one I usually only use in the winter. But I’d be thrilled to have bottles of that jojoba body wash again.

I’ve also considered trying Buffet + Copper Peptides. The color concerns me a bit 😂 but at such a low price, it’s probably worth trying. I just restocked 2 bottles of regular Buffet, so I’ll wait til they’re empty before buying the copper peptides version. 

I have also wondered about trying the copper Buffet out as well!  I more regular to go and then it may happen. @WinglessOne @itsfi 

April.jpg

My empties from April. Someone wouldn't let me get a decent photo lol.

Love-
BBW Summer Nights Lotion
Wax Melts
Gucci Guilty

Ok-
Marc Jacobs Mod Noir
Schmidt's Deodorant

Hate-
Juicy Couture Majestic Woods-Destash

No Opinion-
Clairins Body Tonic
Sephora Coconut Mask

Destash-
Whish Iced Fig Body Gel
Taylor Swift Body Gel

Total-43/100.

@Samtian your kitty looks a lot like my Marmite (who also likes to get in the way when I'm trying to photograph things).

@sockmagnet  How cute!! Have you shared a photo in the pets thread? I'd love to see!

@Samtian Let me show all of you what model paw looks liked. Hold on pet human 🤣😂

@blackkitty2014  Haha he just loves to play with anything and everything that moves.

your kitty is so cute! @Samtian

your kitty is so cute! @Samtian

Re: your kitty is so cute! @Samtian

@lmaster  He's a spoiled t u r d. And he knows it lol.

Adds character to your empties @Samtian! 🙂 Nice job.

@ShortErica  Haha thanks!

@Samtian  Aww that’s so cute. I feel like your cat and my baby are the same. I try and take pictures and he just messes them up!

@ather  Kids I tell ya!

RE: Re: Empties - 2019

Haha @Samtian it’s nice to have a furry little friend who has similar hobbies and interests!

Re: RE: Re: Empties - 2019

@christyrc  That would be nice! Apollo likes destruction and chaos lol.

@samtian, I miss the Beach Nights so much!

@Samtian, I miss the Beach Nights so much!

Re: @samtian, I miss the Beach Nights so much!

@angelKiss24  It was amazing! I don't know why I put summer nights lol.

1 Reply
testing