cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

@itsfi think I'm going to try a different lip balm because I thought it was nice but it honestly wasn't HG status for me like it seems to be for a lot of people.  Still on the hunt for "The One" :).

YES I’ve been waiting for someone to finish a jar of the Laneige with a timeline @CookieGirl1! A year, WOW. You pretty much just informed me that I don’t need any more lip masks for a few years😄

Nice work on all the empties!

@eshoe I used it really consistently and I couldn't believe that it took me so long to use it. 

Oh wow I bought the holiday set and have 3 FS Bite masks to boot @CookieGirl1. Yet I keep buying more, love my lip masks and balms!

I feel like my stock should last years too @eshoe. Have you checked your expiration dates? I keep meaning to see if I have any chance of finishing mine before they go bad. I really hope so. At least its deterred me from wanting more.

All of the Bite and Laneige are from last year @ShortErica, I am constantly applying balm (about as often as I drink water). Towards the end of this year I may need to re-evaluate, but I use SO much product! 

Same here @eshoe minus the lip oil I just finished. I told myself no holiday lip care kits for 2019 unless I've made a big dent in these ones

I don’t plan on purchasing any lip sets this year @ShortErica. Im so happy with everything I’m using right now! I’m sure I will add new lip balms and glosses (the Sephora Honey glosses and Hurrraw! Earl Grey Tea balm) etc. I want to be able to splurge a bit at the end of the year, always such great sets and I want to try some new masks and skincare so we’ll see😉

@CookieGirl1 I'm almost done with the Laneige! It's going to be so satisfying to be finished with it 🙂

@ohheyitscindyk I was honestly surprised that it took me so long to finish it!

February empties – mostly loves or likes; a couple of nopes (Coco Cabana Cream and the blood orange version of the lip scrub, but just that particular flavor; the other lip scrubs from that brand that I've tried have been great)

IMG_5314.JPG

Spoiler

I held off on using the Dr. Jart+ Shake& Shot Hydro Rubber Mask for a good while after purchasing the mask; in part because of the lid with the creepy baby face on it and, in part, because it seemed like it would be a lot of work and messy. Well, after using it, the baby face lid is still just … creepy McCreep, but the process for using the mask is not at all as time consuming or messy as I thought. You can get 2 uses out of this cup if you set aside half of the contents of each of the packets inside the cup. I had a hard time getting an even application the first time I used it; the second turned out better. This is the hydration mask – it’s going on the repurchase list and while I’m at it, I’ll pick up a couple of the other ones as well.

Sara Happ makes my favorite lip scrub; I have them in a variety of flavors, but the lip scrub by sara happ (blood orange) is not a favorite flavor and I’m not sure if I just got a dud. Typically, Sara Happ scrubs have a nice grit, for lack of a better word, to them, without being too harsh or gritty; not so with the blood orange one, but I found some good alternate uses for it as an occasional scrub for my elbows and soles of my feet.

Eminence Arctic Berry Peptide Radiance Cream is a lovely, light cream moisturizer that has a nice berry scent and absorbs smoothly and easily into the skin. I first learned of the brand when I had a peel with products from this Arctic berry line. I picked up this cream afterwards and may end up purchasing the at home version of that peel another day. Since that time, I’ve also purchased some mini’s/sample sizes of different Eminence products and, as with this arctic berry peptide moisturizer, have been impressed.

Sadly, I was not as impressed by the Sol de Janeiro Coco Cabana Cream. I love the Brazilian Bum Bum Cream and this one looked like it might follow suit – I mean, it’s made of coconuts!! 🙂 The scent on initial application is nice, but, on me, at least, it turns to a plasticky scent that isn’t so great; it will eventually dry down to a warmer scent that makes me think of toasted coconut flakes but it doesn’t dry down to that scent fast enough. I’m glad I tried it, but this one is not for me.

Hand Chemistry Hyaluronic Body Mist is a great all over body moisturizer for those like me who can easily forget to apply body cream (even though my dry skin needs it). I like that it comes in a spray bottle, and this bottle and spray nozzle are designed in such a way that it easily disperses the product even when the bottle is upside down. LOVE that! I’m trying to get through my body oils, creams, lotions so I’m putting pause on repurchasing this one, but, unless I find something I like more (and that I use consistently), I’ll repurchase this one when I’ve made a sizeable dent in my current body care stash. As an fyi, Hand Chemistry is a part of the Deciem family so I’m hoping that maybe Sephora might start carrying this body mist.

Everyone Hand Soap (Apricot + Vanilla) does not leave a film on hands after use and has a light, soft scent. I love that that this is a family-owned (and to me, local) brand that manufactures its products in a zero-waste factory. I have their coconut + lemon hand sanitizer and love that one as well. 

The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Soothing and Calming Shower Cream is a soap-free shower cream that smells so good – soft, subtle, sweet, fresh and light. Since it’s primarily water based, it will not lather up like regular soap, which I’m fine with. It does not leave my skin filmy; in fact, my skin feels less dry and tight when I use this shower cream, which was a huge plus this winter. It’s definitely going to be a repurchase.

My foils/deluxe sample empties - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/Use-Your-Foil-Samples-Challenge-2019/m-p/457583...#M349159

@itsfi Loving your empties! I have been wanting to try SOL DE JANEIRO - Coco Cabana Cream. Thanks for your thoughts! 

Best,

Rebecca

@RebeccaBT, the Coco Cabana scent seems to be hit or miss for people depending on how it wears over time. I hope it is one that works well for you! 

Eeee, i’m About to dig into the cabana cream tomorrow and you have me doubtjngnimll like it now.  Suspense!  @itsfi 

It could smell great on you @heartsmyface. There are a lot of people on BIC who love it and who don’t experience it turning on them. It just didn’t work for me. 😟 

Nice empties @itsfi !!! I didn't like the smell of the Coco Cabana Cream in the jar or on my skin. In the jar it smelled too sweet, and when I put it on, it smelled like buttered popcorn. Hard pass for me! I will stick to the beloved Bum Bum Cream!

😖. You’re not selling it.  I hate the smell of artificial buttered popcorn.  The  jelly bellies make me gag!  I hope it’s not like that!  @sephoraaddict918 

Agreed! The Bum Bum Cream reigns supreme @sephoraaddict918! 👍🏼

Yay, be gone Blood Orange Sugar @itsfi 😂

Shop my stash is really helping me get through my things @eshoe and this lip scrub is one of the ones I’m most happy to get through. 😃

RE: Re: Empties - 2019

@itsfi Ooooo I love Eminence. I will have to check out that moisturizer.
testing