cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

@itsfi think I'm going to try a different lip balm because I thought it was nice but it honestly wasn't HG status for me like it seems to be for a lot of people.  Still on the hunt for "The One" :).

YES Iโ€™ve been waiting for someone to finish a jar of the Laneige with a timeline @CookieGirl1! A year, WOW. You pretty much just informed me that I donโ€™t need any more lip masks for a few years๐Ÿ˜„

Nice work on all the empties!

@eshoe I used it really consistently and I couldn't believe that it took me so long to use it. 

Oh wow I bought the holiday set and have 3 FS Bite masks to boot @CookieGirl1. Yet I keep buying more, love my lip masks and balms!

I feel like my stock should last years too @eshoe. Have you checked your expiration dates? I keep meaning to see if I have any chance of finishing mine before they go bad. I really hope so. At least its deterred me from wanting more.

All of the Bite and Laneige are from last year @ShortErica, I am constantly applying balm (about as often as I drink water). Towards the end of this year I may need to re-evaluate, but I use SO much product! 

Same here @eshoe minus the lip oil I just finished. I told myself no holiday lip care kits for 2019 unless I've made a big dent in these ones

I donโ€™t plan on purchasing any lip sets this year @ShortErica. Im so happy with everything Iโ€™m using right now! Iโ€™m sure I will add new lip balms and glosses (the Sephora Honey glosses and Hurrraw! Earl Grey Tea balm) etc. I want to be able to splurge a bit at the end of the year, always such great sets and I want to try some new masks and skincare so weโ€™ll see๐Ÿ˜‰

@CookieGirl1 I'm almost done with the Laneige! It's going to be so satisfying to be finished with it ๐Ÿ™‚

@ohheyitscindyk I was honestly surprised that it took me so long to finish it!

February empties โ€“ mostly loves or likes; a couple of nopes (Coco Cabana Cream and the blood orange version of the lip scrub, but just that particular flavor; the other lip scrubs from that brand that I've tried have been great)

IMG_5314.JPG

Spoiler

I held off on using the Dr. Jart+ Shake& Shot Hydro Rubber Mask for a good while after purchasing the mask; in part because of the lid with the creepy baby face on it and, in part, because it seemed like it would be a lot of work and messy. Well, after using it, the baby face lid is still just โ€ฆ creepy McCreep, but the process for using the mask is not at all as time consuming or messy as I thought. You can get 2 uses out of this cup if you set aside half of the contents of each of the packets inside the cup. I had a hard time getting an even application the first time I used it; the second turned out better. This is the hydration mask โ€“ itโ€™s going on the repurchase list and while Iโ€™m at it, Iโ€™ll pick up a couple of the other ones as well.

Sara Happ makes my favorite lip scrub; I have them in a variety of flavors, but the lip scrub by sara happ (blood orange) is not a favorite flavor and Iโ€™m not sure if I just got a dud. Typically, Sara Happ scrubs have a nice grit, for lack of a better word, to them, without being too harsh or gritty; not so with the blood orange one, but I found some good alternate uses for it as an occasional scrub for my elbows and soles of my feet.

Eminence Arctic Berry Peptide Radiance Cream is a lovely, light cream moisturizer that has a nice berry scent and absorbs smoothly and easily into the skin. I first learned of the brand when I had a peel with products from this Arctic berry line. I picked up this cream afterwards and may end up purchasing the at home version of that peel another day. Since that time, Iโ€™ve also purchased some miniโ€™s/sample sizes of different Eminence products and, as with this arctic berry peptide moisturizer, have been impressed.

Sadly, I was not as impressed by the Sol de Janeiro Coco Cabana Cream. I love the Brazilian Bum Bum Cream and this one looked like it might follow suit โ€“ I mean, itโ€™s made of coconuts!! ๐Ÿ™‚ The scent on initial application is nice, but, on me, at least, it turns to a plasticky scent that isnโ€™t so great; it will eventually dry down to a warmer scent that makes me think of toasted coconut flakes but it doesnโ€™t dry down to that scent fast enough. Iโ€™m glad I tried it, but this one is not for me.

Hand Chemistry Hyaluronic Body Mist is a great all over body moisturizer for those like me who can easily forget to apply body cream (even though my dry skin needs it). I like that it comes in a spray bottle, and this bottle and spray nozzle are designed in such a way that it easily disperses the product even when the bottle is upside down. LOVE that! Iโ€™m trying to get through my body oils, creams, lotions so Iโ€™m putting pause on repurchasing this one, but, unless I find something I like more (and that I use consistently), Iโ€™ll repurchase this one when Iโ€™ve made a sizeable dent in my current body care stash. As an fyi, Hand Chemistry is a part of the Deciem family so Iโ€™m hoping that maybe Sephora might start carrying this body mist.

Everyone Hand Soap (Apricot + Vanilla) does not leave a film on hands after use and has a light, soft scent. I love that that this is a family-owned (and to me, local) brand that manufactures its products in a zero-waste factory. I have their coconut + lemon hand sanitizer and love that one as well. 

The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Soothing and Calming Shower Cream is a soap-free shower cream that smells so good โ€“ soft, subtle, sweet, fresh and light. Since itโ€™s primarily water based, it will not lather up like regular soap, which Iโ€™m fine with. It does not leave my skin filmy; in fact, my skin feels less dry and tight when I use this shower cream, which was a huge plus this winter. Itโ€™s definitely going to be a repurchase.

My foils/deluxe sample empties - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/Use-Your-Foil-Samples-Challenge-2019/m-p/457583...#M349159

@itsfi Loving your empties! I have been wanting to try SOL DE JANEIRO - Coco Cabana Cream. Thanks for your thoughts! 

Best,

Rebecca

@RebeccaBT, the Coco Cabana scent seems to be hit or miss for people depending on how it wears over time. I hope it is one that works well for you! 

Eeee, iโ€™m About to dig into the cabana cream tomorrow and you have me doubtjngnimll like it now.  Suspense!  @itsfi 

It could smell great on you @heartsmyface. There are a lot of people on BIC who love it and who donโ€™t experience it turning on them. It just didnโ€™t work for me. ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ 

Nice empties @itsfi !!! I didn't like the smell of the Coco Cabana Cream in the jar or on my skin. In the jar it smelled too sweet, and when I put it on, it smelled like buttered popcorn. Hard pass for me! I will stick to the beloved Bum Bum Cream!

๐Ÿ˜–. Youโ€™re not selling it.  I hate the smell of artificial buttered popcorn.  The  jelly bellies make me gag!  I hope itโ€™s not like that!  @sephoraaddict918 

Agreed! The Bum Bum Cream reigns supreme @sephoraaddict918! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Yay, be gone Blood Orange Sugar @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜‚

Shop my stash is really helping me get through my things @eshoe and this lip scrub is one of the ones Iโ€™m most happy to get through. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

RE: Re: Empties - 2019

@itsfi Ooooo I love Eminence. I will have to check out that moisturizer.
testing