cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying ๐Ÿ™‚

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - 2019

Iโ€™m trying to post empties every 2 weeks. These are my loves - will wait to repurchase davines because of cost but the others I have backups already.1D560194-1F0C-4DB8-8F7F-75D8207FE350.jpeg

these are my likes

BE431CDA-5E6D-4937-B404-A5704E900E9C.jpeg

oooh I love the Farmacy cleansing balm!

oooh I love the Farmacy cleansing balm!

Weekly trash:9F09CF16-0FBE-4B17-B1AF-A1E7270B028E.jpeg

Spoiler
All of these masks were loves except for the OhK! and Prreti Moisture ChokChok at the bottom right. The OhK! was perfume-y and I could have done without the added fragrance as it was a great mask (think Glow Recipe Watermelon Jelly goodness). (๐Ÿ’— to @veronika23 for sending the Keroppi Crรจme Shop mask!)

34FCF55B-96C2-4157-8C67-9CAC8AB4298E.jpeg

Spoiler
Top is a ๐Ÿ’— a thousand times over. I rarely use concealer, but if I need it this is it. It takes a bit of work and coaxing, but as you tap it, it almost illuminates. The Dior is very nice but I compare everything to the Armani Luminous Foundation, and this seems to have denser coverage the first go-round. It also seemed to have a bit of a chemical scent, which I found unusual for Dior as their products usually have a very pleasant scent. I just chalk it up to the packaging.

Destashing the Tarte and Origins; the Armani replaced the Tarte and I have a backup of the Origins I need to start using. The Sephora Coconut Sleeping Mask was a wonderful gift from  and I would repurchase for a trip; the packaging and price are perfect!

The Prevage was just weird; like a cream banana powder that seemed to turn my skin yellow. Not a fan. Used the Elemis for my neck, didnโ€™t care for the scent. The Shiseido cream was nice, I might repurchase when I get too lazy to blend my La La with different oils at night๐Ÿ˜„

@eshoe Awesome products!

Best,

Rebecca

RE: Empties - 2019

Amazing!!

Weekly trash 

Spoiler
 Dislikes: PTR cloud moisturizer, no matter how much I wanted to love this,,, and no matter how little amount I applied, my skin oil went ballistic. The Glamglow basically the same, used it once and that was all it took to know it's not for me. Liked the goat milk mask and loved everything else LikeLike

DislikesDislikes

LovesLoves

Wow! Iโ€™m impressed with all the empties. My fiancรฉ threw all my samples in a clutter drawer and now I have trouble remembering what I have unless I dig through it. 

EmptiesEmptiesThe more I use samples of it, the more I like the Tatcha Radiance Mask... not sure about purchasing it though because my experience of masks in pots is that they dry out before I finish using them ๐Ÿ˜•

The Black Pearl mask from My Beauty Diary was nice - the fit on this brand's masks are really good for me - caused no irritation, and left my face feeling soft. I only usually leave masks on for about 10-15 minutes, but you could easily leave this on for longer. 

The Jeju Natural Aloe mask is really nice and is dripping in serum, but the fit isn't as comfortable as the ones from My Beauty Diary. 

Finally finished up the Apricot Scrub (took forever because I only use it once a week) and, since I am so gentle when I use it, I would probably repurchase it if only it was cruelty free. That being said, you do have to be very careful when using it (or it will be too abrasive) and I think that I can probably find something else to replace it. 

HUM Nutrition - haven't used any of their products before, or any other melatonin products for that matter (kind of surprising given my long history of insomnia). I actually like this and did think that it helped me to go back to sleep when I woke during the night (didn't do anything to help me go to sleep initially though). That being said, I think it is a bit pricey compared to other options since I don't need it packaged with calcium and B vitamins because I already take those supplements. Definitely seemed to improve the quality of my sleep and I felt absolutely RUBBISH the next day when I slept without taking it (when I ran out of the three day sample). If you don't already have the other vitamins hanging around the house and want to package it into one pill then I think this would be a good option. IMG_3506.jpg

I totally can't remember if I posted these already or not... the cleansing cloths are really good and took all traces of make-up off. 

The Milk mask had a smell that reminded me of hard boiled sweets and scented tobacco, which I didn't mind all that much since it reminded me of a sweet shop I used to frequent as a child, but the fit was just terrible for my face.

I liked the red ginseng mask and the seaweed mask but I don't know if I liked them enough to buy a pack of them. 

@sockmagnet the apricot scrub sounds delicious! lol I und...

@sockmagnet the apricot scrub sounds delicious! lol I understand tho about being careful, I found myself being too rough with my Walnut scrub ๐Ÿคฆ

Empties - 2019

nope to the blueberry sheet mask, it contains alcohol high on the ingredients list, liked the banobagi mask and dp hue acv the vinegar smell was not overpowering and it did a good job at cleansing. ๐Ÿ’— everything else ๐Ÿ˜

Empties for January (so far).Empties for January (so far).

Although the mask left my face feeling soft, I didn't care for the smell of the Hyaluronic Acid mask (had sort of a clean old man smell) which unfortunately lingered after using it. The Jeju Natural Aloe masks are nice, although I usually have to widen the eye area with some scissors, and have a lot of left over serum. All of the Tatcha foils are good, although I do feel like the eye cream has a tendency to encourage milia (for me at least). The Lotus Youth Preserve Moisturizer from fresh is actually quite nice and I would probably consider buying it again although it has two drawbacks for me - the first being that the smell when you initially apply it is very strong (reminds me of cucumbers), and the second is the fact that they do (last I checked) sell in China... so I'm not clear on the whole animal testing issue for this product. 

great masks @sockmagnet

great masks @sockmagnet

LOVED the Kevin Murphy Un.Tangled leave in conditioner. Unfortunately, my DH has a problem with the smell, which might be described as a clovey scent under a bunch of fruity scents. LOVED the Beauty Blender Cleanser and will always repurchase both the little soaps and the liquid. LIKED the Fresh Grapefruit shower gel but there are other scents I like better, like the Sugar Lychee. LIKE the Almay oil free eye makeup remover pads. In fact, these were my favorite for years, but right now Iโ€™m on a quest for a cruelty-free HG eye makeup remover. I still have lots of backups, if you see me repost more empties.

good to know about the Kevin Murphy @christyrc

good to know about the Kevin Murphy @christyrc

Empties - 2019

my empties for the week, LOVED all but just LIKED the leaders mask and the Dr Althea mask was a pain in the booty, the hydrogel masks fell off their protective layers, so I applied the chin piece wrong uughhhh lol

Empties - 2019

My last 2 weeks empties. Too faced mascara/eyeliner was dried out so I destashed but cant say whether or not they were good because I dont remember when I used them last. The 2 eye products: fresh was not hydrating enough. perricone Md started out a like but I noticed it made my eyelids darken. ๐Ÿคฌ so that had to go. the Mario cleanser was meh. It was ok but nothing I would purchase. it also cant be used on the eyes which defeats the purpose of a cleanser for me. The origins was also a like until I started using it more to get rid of it. It stripped my face & may have caused me to.break out๐Ÿคฌ I think I reviewed the masks in that thread. so any other questions feel free to ask!

oh no! @sonnydee sorry to hear it stripped your skin, tha...

oh no! @sonnydee sorry to hear it stripped your skin, that happens to be with certain cleansers too

December 2018 Empties. The Standouts: lโ€™orรฉal lumi glotion in medium, redeem one united, dr teals mineral soak, benefit precisely my brow, shiseido facial cotton, it cosmetics secret sauce, prada candy

@karap03 good job!!

@karap03 good job!!

Empties - 2019

this week was extremely hard to focus on much of anything! I did manage to get some masking in and finished a caudalie moisturizer. loved all the sheet masks but the milk one, contains alcohol and my skin was regretting that one. the caudalie, I didn't really care for either, I felt like if I used it during the day, I was more oily than usually twords the afternoon.

The pan challenge end of the year blitz helped me finish up some lingering products! 

IMG_4867.JPG

Loves:

Spoiler
New to me:
Glow recipe watermelon sleep mask: First of all- love the scent! I really liked using this, I am going to go without for a little time to decide if it's a need to purchase or not though. 
I dew care hydrating peel off mask: The holographic effects are adorable, it's not dehydrating like most peel masks, and it actually peels off! I'd like to use it more to comment more on the hydrating effects. I'm not sure if it's a staple but I had fun using it.

Other notes:
SR luna- I go back and forth on this after going through a couple FS luna's and trying other things. I don't think it's my HG but always love using it and am less than impressed by other retinols I try. 
Sephora foot masks: great for maintenance between foot peels.
ABH brow wiz: It's soft, so I go through them pretty quickly... But results.

IMG_6018.JPG

Like/OK

Spoiler
Clinique TDDO balm: it works great for it's purpose, I just love omorovizca thermal cleansing balm as far as balms go. 
Florapy calendua sage: Love florapy and this was no exception but I could smell the sage and wasn't into that. 
SR CEO serum: no harm no foul. I was glad to finish this early in the month to how my skin was with/without. I didn't see any major changes when I stopped using. 
SR CEO cream: again no harm no foul. It was ok, the citrus scent was strong coming out of the jar but wore down quickly.
Phyto hair masque: I probably should make this a dislike. My hair was super dry after using it, got knots while blow drying, etc. Yep. Definitely a dislike.
MB silver mask: I actually really liked this but I'm downgrading it because it's kinda a pain to work with the powder and I think there's easier things to use that yield the same results. 
Bite lip mask: decluttering this bc it leaks. This was an HG for me but jack black is the new king in town. I still really like this, I just prefer the jack black for it being less sticky. 

Not pictured are all no's/declutters:

• Davines minu shampoo- again dry, knotty hair.
  • PTR cucumber- not sure what happened, I used to really like this but now my skin is less than into it, gets irritated after use. 
  • Phyto hair mask from above.
  • UD smokey palette- Decluttered what I didn't transplant to my magnetic palette. The rest had been barely used and sitting untouched for 2+ years. 

1 Reply
testing