Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Beauty Ice Breakers

BIC is the place to talk about beauty!  There are lots of fun threads, from mask to makeup (and even photo A Year of Beauty- Photography Challenge ) challenges all the way to pet paradise.  In my early days, I kinda wanted to talk to everyone, but I didn't know what to talk about, I just knew I loved makeup and had found my people.

With threads like Monthly Favorites: December 2023 Edition! or Community Favorite Concealers: Tag your Holy Grails!  , Beauty Pet Peeves 2 I feel the most comfortable when chiming in because I can talk about makeup.  I figured, hey, let's open up some discourse amongst ourselves; a thread with getting to know you questions could be kind of fun.  (And, I still get to talk about makeup.)

photo cred: HelloGigglesphoto cred: HelloGiggles

I'll post a question and a phrase with a blank and change it weekly? periodically. Answer one or both.

Re: Beauty Ice Breakers

@Samtian these are all smart goals to work towards! 

@JoSometimes Thank you! It'll be tough but rewarding. 

@Samtian I believe in you! 👍

That's a sensual sounding candle @Samtian .

You definitely are on your way, your panning last year was 👍🏽👍🏽

@danielledanielle Awe thank you!!

@Samtian, the notes on that candle sound interesting. Do you pick up a lipstick scent? 

@itsfi I do, I'm in love with it lol. 

Saw this thread last night @danielledanielle; bookmarking it now. Jumping right on in!

What did you get for Christmas? (or if you don't  celebrate, Boxing Day/End of year sale?)

A gift certificate for a spa day. 😍🎁

My goal for this year is _______.

Making massage therapy a more regular part of my routine. Not necessarily monthly but more frequently than when the aches, pains and knots become too much. 

Oooh, highly encouraged you do it at least seasonally (4x/yr) @itsfi .  Pre-pandemic massages were at least a twice a year minimum for me.  There's used to also be a "spa week" twice a year where services were discounted, but I don't think that's a thing anymore.  I just get them now when I can, but man, I used to get them at a deal.

That’s sound advice @danielledanielle; thank you! Seasonal massages (once per quarter) would be a good minimum. I can see going more frequently in times of higher stress.

@itsfi great goal, I have made massage a part of my regular routine for a few years.  Even started getting my dogs massages to keep them comfortable 

@itsfii generally go every six weeks unless I am training for something then every 4 weeks. 

The dogs ggo every 8 weeks.  I know I really spoil my puppies.

That’s awesome @CorgiMommy! 😃 How often do you and the dogs go in for massages? I’m working on finding a cadence that will work for my body and my schedule. 

What did you get for Christmas?  

A pyrrhra bee necklace 

a dior gift set with my favorite abricot nail cream, a lip oil and a blush 

a GIANT pikachu

Airpods 

socks chocolates wine pyjamas tea towels 

My goal this year?

contjnuing learning  languages 

continuing vocal lessons

still working on those splits (I am not naturally bendy and this Covid 2020 project is still going)  I have been working with a physiotherapist for six months and progress is still slow.

@heartsmyface, I need evidence of this Pikachu.  And maybe the split.

@danielledanielle @JoSometimes  The pikachu I can do.  The split will have to wait. The dream (and partial joke at first) was to come out of Covid with this new obscure ability to pop into splits at random times😆. It has become this obsession.  I started off being the most unbendy person.  I thought for sure I’d have it by Christmas 2023 but I am for sure sure I will have it by Christmas 2024😜

IMG_2863.jpeg

@heartsmyface Holey moley! That Pika is large enough to dine with you at the dining table!!! 💛💛

@heartsmyface. He is big and is kind of doing a split (or splay), so I'll take it.

In regards to your split (and everyone else that needs a "geddit")

I agree with @danielledanielle! Pictures or it didn’t happen @heartsmyface!

What did you get for Christmas?

Since I just got my ears pierced, I asked my wife for something that represents her and our girls. She got me a mismatched set with a trio of flowers representing us and a star and moon representing our girls. 

IMG_7196.jpeg

My goal for this year is _______.

Weight loss. I have been saying this for a while but I’m the type that just doesn’t find the gym mentally motivating. I need to be out and about, moving and doing something mentally stimulating.

Awww, the story around your gift is really touching @JoSometimes 

A good way to be physically active is to take up a hobby if you aren't a gym person.  I eventually became a gym person, but I started off with jogging (hated it), then dance classes and yoga.

291 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • photo cred: HelloGiggles
  • 149014E9-7B59-4AB8-BBDE-054E824CE4FD.jpeg
  • Screenshot_20221108-123507.png
  • IMG_20221017_132313184.jpg
  • AB187498-4683-44B7-ADEF-76AFAA7735B8.jpeg
  • CB5F2B93-6065-46F5-90CF-442EB1BE5790.jpeg
  • 66474782-8AC8-4807-A499-F4DCBA811CC5.jpeg
  • 151FCE85-7C26-42C7-A133-A488EF2322DE.jpeg
  • 52DB9AB2-1CA9-4DFF-B72F-18DADA50CF16.jpeg