Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

✨❄️December 2022 Challenge - 12 Days of Makeup Inventory - Show Off and Catalog Your Collection!!❄️✨

I saw the "TwelveDaysOfInventory" challenge on Instagram and thought it would be fun to port over to the BIC for a December (or whenever you're up for it) challenge. Use this to visualize, catalog (maybe find) and celebrate your makeup collection!! 💄

Feel free to follow the schedule below or make it work best for you.

[EDIT] December 12 - Nail Polish

December 13 - Primers

December 14 - Foundations, Concealers

December 15 - Setting/Finishing Powders & Sprays 

December 16 - Bronzers, Face Palettes

December 17 - Blushes

December 18 - Highlighters

December 19 - Brow Products, Mascaras, Eyeliners

December 20 - Eye Primers, Stand Alone Eyeshadows 

December 21 - Single Shadows / Homebrew Palettes

December 22 - Premade Eyeshadow Palettes

December 23 - Lip Liners, Masks, Oils & Glosses

December 24 - Lipsticks

December 25-31 - Bonus Items (Brushes / Tools; Perfumes / Colognes / Scents; Skincare; Candles; etc)

Please no negative comments about the size or contents of others' collections, this is a place to celebrate our collections. Self-reflection is always welcome though 💖. Please don't take this as an impetus to declutter (unless you want to!). 

Looking forward to seeing your gorgeous collections!! ❄️💄

(H/t to @  _kaitscollection, who created this tag, if you also end up doing the tag on Instagram please use the hashtag # TwelveDaysOfInventory and credit her. Thank you!! ).

Re: ✨❄️December 2022 Challenge - 12 Days of Makeup Inventory - Show Off and Catalog Your Collection!!❄️✨

@Saradestin Maybe when your home again and things are settled you'll have time to revisit this thread, or maybe this discussion will pop up next year 💗 all I know is i would be interested in seeing what ever pieces of your collections you share 😃

Re: ✨❄️December 2022 Challenge - 12 Days of Makeup Inventory - Show Off and Catalog Your Collection!!❄️✨

I would share them all because I have small collections and it is easy to go through them @CynthieLu 😁. If it cannot be this year, I hope I can join next! 

Whenever you can share is totally fine, @Saradestin!! It's not prescriptive, it was just following along with the Instagram challenge, but on the BIC, any type of sharing, whenever you want is perfect!! 

Thank you, @CynthieLu!! 

I saw a nail polish pic, so I had to drop by and check things out, and will join in the fun!

Current collection: 1608ish (with a few more on the way; my Black Dahlia order will hopefully show up today, that's 15 or so I think, and I've got an outstanding pre-order at Bees Knees for 4 others)

Back when I had a collection that I thought would top out around 500 or so, I built some cabinets for display and storage 

IMG_20221212_020309975.jpg

Those floating shelves between them were added when I filled the cabinets up...

And then I kept collecting 😬

IMG_20221212_020820519.jpg

IMG_20221212_022020015.jpg

IMG_20221212_022447948.jpg

Everything in boxes and on shelves up through this pic has been used at least once. I sort by brand as I get enough to fill whatever boxes I have on hand, and they are stacked on some shelves out of the way.

IMG_20221212_020455757.jpg

This last pic is my current unused polishes, which are roughly sorted by color family

I do have a few I'll destash at some point, but overall, I'm happy with what I have! One of these days I'm going to do a closet remodel and get everything out on display so they're much easier to see and easier to dig through...looking for something in particular is a bit of a pain at the moment 😅

@RGbrown😍😍😍😍

itsfi_0-1672346838405.png

Those cabinets and the floating shelves are awesome!!!! Absolutely gorgeous collection RGBrown!

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! 💖

Wow! What an amazing collection @RGbrown!

@faeriegirl @sister13 @Saradestin @Shosh85 

Thanks so much, y'all! 💖

I remember when you built those! Such an epic collection! @RGbrown 

Your collection is simply out of this world @RGbrown ! Spectacular! 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍 

@RGbrown  Well, I'm just over here drooling! 🤤 Such an impressive and beautiful collection! 😍

@RGbrown  Wonderland! Yes this is nail polish nirvana!   Oh I feel like a kid in a candy store 😂. But it’s a beautiful collection🥰

@Kim888 @CynthieLu @eshoe @curlychiquita @SportyGirly125 @Mellmars1185 @Titian06 @AznAngelLiz @WinglessOne @haleyvvvv @Cissy63 

I've been slow to get back here, yikes, but wanted to say thanks so much to all of you! 💖

@RGbrown you probably got lost in the polishes 😉

Wow wow wow, what a collection, @RGbrown!! I love that you're happy with it and I'm super impressed with the organization.

@RGbrown  Heh, I knew I'd find you somewhere in this thread on nail polish day. 😂 As always, your collection is impressive! 

@RGbrown Oh. My. Goodness! Seeing your collection makes me want to start doing my own nails again. Just wow 😍

I am so thrilled to see your collection, @RGbrown ! 🥳  Due to the bottle shapes, the grouped bottles of MT and Zoya look like rainbows. 🌈

@RGbrown Impressive collection. You are so organized. This is inspiring me to reorganize.

@RGbrown @Wow 😍

20 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos663
  • These cases are double-sided. Each side has one extra long (eh, extra tall) slot.
  • A cubby in the hutch atop my vanity/desk.
  • PXL_20221212_010735659~2.jpg
  • IMG_20221212_020309975.jpg
  • IMG_20221212_020820519.jpg
  • IMG_20221212_022020015.jpg
  • IMG_20221212_022447948.jpg
  • IMG_20221212_020455757.jpg
  • 7526464A-84E9-453F-9933-D1CB5E79C61C.jpeg
  • 746942B2-FDF0-4CDF-83D7-616A19026681.jpeg
  • 0A0E2B1A-02B8-451A-A410-72CA26E385E4.jpeg
  • 620ACB0E-49E5-4D3D-946E-346AC2AA29DD.jpeg
  • 20221212_204605.jpg
  • For now, I keep most swatch sticks loose in countertop drawers. I'm dividing a couple more drawers to hold the rest.
  • If more yellow polishes performed well, perhaps I'd own more than this. :D
testing