cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

The Fall Lip Challenge

Fall Lip Challenge Thread.jpg

Okay okay, so I know it isn't *technically* fall quite yet (we just had a heat wave in the Bay Area...) but we are just too excited to break out all of the mauves, browns and deep reds for this festive season! Whatever your take on a Fall lip is, we want to see your pics and hear your thoughts.

Here's the challenge: Dig into your lipstick stash and pull out those fall-themed lippies! Post below with your different looks and, of course, let us know what you're wearing. We love to hear application tips and your thoughts on the product.  

Can't wait to see what you're wearing. 

Re: The Fall Lip Challenge

Great berry-wine color! Side note: your hair is amazing! 💜

thank you so much!!! ❤️

This is a great color on you, @aceisjoy!

thank you so much!!! 

This is gorgeous!  @aceisjoy❤️❤️❤️

thank you so much!!! 

RE: The Fall Lip Challenge

my perfect mauvey nude lip!!! NARS Velvet Lip Glide I’m Bound. I’m in love. I got a small version of this in the “Gimme some nude lip” box and definitely see a full size in my future!!

Re: RE: The Fall Lip Challenge

This is a great every day color!  Surely everyone at this point owns a mini of NARS Bound, but I keep missing it when it appears in promos.  One day, I'll need to try it out in stores and see if I like it enough to own a full size.  

Re: RE: The Fall Lip Challenge

@Denise8306,

I'm glad you found this shade to love!  Very nice on you!  🙂

If it were not for corporate dress codes, my everyday lip colour for fall would be a blackened blood red or burgundy.  Thank goodness for weekends.

I have a love-hate relationship with my MAC Lip Liner in Nightmoth.  It's a glorious colour and I have it in LE packaging (as if anyone else cares about LE packaging for lip liners :P), but the formula is hideously drying, and difficult to blend, yet has zero grip on the lips, defeating the entire purpose of lip liners.

MAC Nightmoth Lip Pencil.jpg

Then, I brought out my mini ABH Lip Gloss in Potion to give Nightmoth a hand.  Again, love-hate relationship:  the color is beautiful -- even darker than Nightmoth! -- but the formula has both pros and cons.  Pros:  even color, pretty close to opaque, really comfortable to wear; wearing it over Nightmoth, it masked all signs of dryness and didn't pull into lip lines.  Cons:  zero grip on the lips and prone to migrating to the inside of the mouth; black stains on teeth are never attractive.

Conclusion:  great for the 'Gram, but impractical for IRL.

MAC Nightmoth + ABH Potion Lip Gloss.jpg

@MlleCCOh wow, this is so pretty on you! Just beautiful! It's a shame those corporate rules don't allow it - maybe because your fabulousness would be too distracting! : )

Love it!! Super helpful to know

Love it!! Super helpful to know

Hey everyone! Jeffree Star Cosmetics Lip ammunition in the shade 'unicorn blood' has been my go-to this fall! It lasts for such a long time and it feels great on the lips!IMG_0583.JPG

@IceQueen97Very pretty! : )

Thank you!

Rediscovering some oldies as I figure out what i’m packing for my month away from home!  This is MAC Brave Red.  I think it has earned a spot in my luggage:) B1240559-174A-4E80-A360-4FF232567351.jpeg

Beautiful!!!   Enjoy your trip!!!! @heartsmyface 💙💙💙

Thanks, will do!  We’re just finishing up packing up the conference gear and are going to bed so we can be up at 4am.  These release on the 3rd or 4th!!!!  So excited!These release on the 3rd or 4th!!!! So excited!

@heartsmyfaceOh beautiful! Sigh - bright colours always look so beautifully striking on you - well probably all colours really.  Woah month away - to Japan? Amazing! Have so much fun!!! : )

Thank you!  Yes, to Japan for three weeks and Hong Kong for one week:) we’re sure to have fun! @RoseCharlie 

Beautiful @heartsmyface!  There is a blue Hakuhodo set for Christmas they said comes out in November.  They had the preview in the Mitsukoshi Ginza but wouldn't sell it to me!  I'll post a picture when I get home, it's absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks for the tips you sent me and have a fantastic trip!!! 

Tags:
11 Replies
testing