Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

National Lipstick Day 7/29

Hey all!  I'm excited for this.  Lipstick is life and this day crept up on me.  In the past 2 years, Sephora has been kind enough to send out a gratis for this day so I'm crossing my fingers for one.  They've been kind and generous enough with me already this year, so I feel guilty for saying that.  Still, I hope they have something up their sleeve.

I'm considering investing in a full size PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Flesh 3 109 in Elson as a gift to myself.  I have never purchased a full price PMG lipstick or any other lipstick over $30 or so.  I've wanted it for ages and think I'll pull the trigger.

What would you gift yourself for National Lipstick Day?  What shade will you wear?  I'll be sporting red for sure.

Re: National Lipstick Day 7/29

Am I the only one who can go to Colourpop, of all places, even during a sale, and make a $90 wishlist in ten minutes?

@Ispend2much6  Heh, that’s me during most Colourpop sales I shop. I probably have at least as many CP lipsticks as PMGs. 🤣 I also like some of the Super Shock shadows and eyeliner pots. CP sales are dangerous! 

@WinglessOne  It is such a good sale too.  I don't blame you for buying so many lippies- they all look so good on you!

@Ispend2much6  Aw, thank you. ☺️

Lol 😂😂😂 ummm $90 wish list would be like half the damage I can do in five minutes .... I literally popped into Sephora to grab a brow pencil and $256 later (it was 12 minutes) I was in the store for only 12 minutes because I had to drive my daughter to work.  

@2manyperfumes   You cracked me up!  If I walked into Sephora I could easily do that too.  I was shocked that I could wrack up a list that quickly for $4.50 lipsticks! lol

I ended up with 7 for $33.  That's pretty good.

Seven with one blow, I guess you could say.

Lol I’d be doing a happy dance with only spending $33 and getting 7 lipsticks 💃 

I’ve never tried Coloured Raine lipsticks, but I have some of their Vivids single eyeshadows and they’re quite nice. This promo may be the kick I need to try a lipstick—err, 2 lipsticks! 

87CD81D3-4FF5-4181-87A9-B23B0C928BE8.jpeg

Let me know if you like these @WinglessOne! I have a liquid one but not regular and curious how they are! 

Screenshot_20190726-201932_Facebook.jpg

Im thinking ill go poke around my local Sephora after work on Monday! Ill see what catches my eye, maybe a new CT lipstick 🙂

Let us know what you get @sabrinas 

What a fun thread! I would gift myself the CT hot lips in JK Magic if it comes back in stock... and probably wear one of the PAT McGRATH LABS Mini Lip Fetish Lip Balm Triothat I recently got. I always loved sheer balmy lippies and I am so happy they are making their way back. Liquid lips were just too drying for me! 

@SurprisedLemur   I agree with you!  And the newer balms seem to have great pigmentation.

How's the quality on the lip balm trio? @SurprisedLemur I ordered and it should be here Monday.  I saw the forecast and I'm now terrified this package will be left outside.  I ask about the quality because I saw a fair number of reviews saying the balms broke.

@sprocketta   They are soft if left in the heat.  Our AC could only bring our house temp down to 76 and they softened.  But they are really nice; moisturizing and pretty shades.  Flesh 3 really packed a punch for me color-wise, and left a nice stain.

I love them @sprocketta , I just wish they would have included another color instead of the sheer balm. They are very moisturizing and I can see them melting in the heat... I hope yours make it to you ok!!!

More National Lipstick Day deals, according to POPSUGAR. (I rarely visit that site, but it came up during my quest for more MAC details.) I assume all these deals are available only direct from each brand, not other retailers like Ulta or Sephora. For full offer details, check with each brand; POPSUGAR didn’t list any offer disclosures. I’m trying to check some of these for more info myself.

Tagging @divaknits  because I know she likes the Urban Decay Lo-Fi Lip Mousse formula. Also @KehDee  for Tarte and @2manyperfumes  for NYX. 🙂 

- Urban Decay, 7/29: Buy one Urban Decay Lo-Fi Lip Mousse and get one free. 

- Perricone MD, 7/29: Buy one Perricone MD No Makeup Lipstick and get one free with promo code "2FORME" 

- Milani, 7/29: Buy one Milani lipstick, get one for 50 percent off with promo code, "FREELIPS" 

- Origins, 7/27-7/29: 30% off of the Origins 3-Piece Blooming Bold Pretty Pouts Set. 

- Estée Lauder, 7/29: Buy one Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick, get one free. 

- Clinique, 7/27-7/29: Buy two Clinique lipsticks and get one free. 

- POPSUGAR, 7/29: 50% off all Beauty by POPSUGAR lipsticks. You can also get a Beauty by POPSUGAR Be Sweet Tinted Lip Balm with any in-store purchase of $25 or more from the brand. 

- NYX, 7/27-7/29: 30% off of all lip products. 

- Tarte, 7/29: 50% off of all lip products. 

More MAC info: I tracked down the 8 free shades you can choose from. Some are repeats from last year’s giveaway. I made a screenshot collage: 

MAC Nat’l Lipstick Day 2019 offer: the 8 shades to pick a freebie from, with $25 USD purchase.MAC Nat’l Lipstick Day 2019 offer: the 8 shades to pick a freebie from, with $25 USD purchase.

Thanks @WinglessOne ! I’ll definitely have to check out the Urban Decay. 

Doubt if the Canadian stores would have the sale, @WinglessOne . If not I'd like Mixed Media and Epic anyways - your thoughts on them for me?

@Girly2Shoes  I’m pretty sure the MAC offer includes Canada. 🙂 The minimum purchase is different for Canada, of course. 

I haven’t worn (or owned, now that I think about it) Mixed Media in a long time. I think I still have Epic though. I have a box of lipsticks left to wear-test for my declutter effort and Epic might be in there. I’ll check when I’m home again. 

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos50
  • Don’t know why this photo pulls so magenta toned... too lazy right now to color correct it.
  • Paint It Black, Liv, and Black Dragon included just for color range reference.
  • The red cased bullet is Elson. :)
  • The only terms/disclosures provided in the email.
  • MAC offer seems tied to an appointment event, but that’s not a requirement stated in any offer disclosures. Hmm.
  • 53753E81-B11D-4738-9176-2208FF6F0655.jpeg
  • 98E874F7-8305-4ACE-B697-7CCA5D62694E.jpeg
  • MAC Nat’l Lipstick Day 2019 offer: the 8 shades to pick a freebie from, with $25 USD purchase.
  • Screenshot_20190726-201932_Facebook.jpg
  • 87CD81D3-4FF5-4181-87A9-B23B0C928BE8.jpeg
  • Screenshot_20190727-012403.png
  • Screenshot_20190727-012331.png
  • BiteLipsticks.PNG
  • Screenshot_20190728-001310.png
  • Some of the Ofra lippies are already half off; excellent deal if you like them!
testing