Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

National Lipstick Day 7/29

Hey all!  I'm excited for this.  Lipstick is life and this day crept up on me.  In the past 2 years, Sephora has been kind enough to send out a gratis for this day so I'm crossing my fingers for one.  They've been kind and generous enough with me already this year, so I feel guilty for saying that.  Still, I hope they have something up their sleeve.

I'm considering investing in a full size PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Flesh 3 109 in Elson as a gift to myself.  I have never purchased a full price PMG lipstick or any other lipstick over $30 or so.  I've wanted it for ages and think I'll pull the trigger.

What would you gift yourself for National Lipstick Day?  What shade will you wear?  I'll be sporting red for sure.

Re: National Lipstick Day 7/29

@sprocketta I didn't even know about lipstick day!!! Alas, I just bought 3 after I repeatedly said "it's enough for now"! I guess I'll just wear one proudly then, instead of shopping... 😌

Is MAC doing another promotion for this day? I know at one point they were giving away a free lipstick (limited to certain shades).

@Tarabotti  Yep, they’re doing it again this year, 7/27 - 7/29. But it requires a minimum $25 USD purchase this year, and it might be in-store only. Here’s where it’s mentioned earlier in this thread: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Lip-Lovers/National-Lipstick-Day-7-29/m-p/4868925/highlight/true#M9...

I've gifted myself at least 4 lippies/glosses in July alone from Sephora.  Lol.  I need to check out any sales on other lippies I'd like.  @sprocketta 

@l8totheparty What did you gift yourself?

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer Fenty Glow

Mac lipglass

MAC lippie

URBAN DECAY - Vice Lipstick

I will have to post to the lippie thread eventually.

@sprocketta 

ooh I didn't realize it had come around again so soon! Definitely have been enjoying the new Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Lipstick 2 Glowing Jenthis year! And the YVES SAINT LAURENT - Rouge Volupté Shine Oil-In-Stick Lipstick

On kit.ca , they wrote an article on deals for national lipstick day. They wrote sephora is doing in-store and online 25% off on lipsticks from certain brands.

@roses8   Thanks for the tip- I hope Sephora US has the same deal.

@sprocketta   Our favorite holiday!  I wonder if we should post any Lipstick Day deals we see here, to keep them from getting lost among the Deals thread.  Do you like that idea?

I think I would choose to wear Bobbi Brown's Luxe Lipstick in Plum Rose.  Or maybe the shade Your Majesty as a red, which I never seem to wear.

@Ispend2much6 - Yes, please post lipstick deals here.  Otherwise, I'll never see them!  💄💋💄💋

@Titian06  Okey dokey!

@Ispend2much6 That's a great idea about the lipstick deals. Definitely share them here. And post a pic rocking whichever one you wear on Lipstick Day.

@sprocketta love this thread!!! For me everyday feels like national lipstick day bc I have so many! If there are good deals going on I may splurge on an item or two 😉 

I feel you on that @trishavt Do have a favorite lipstick color? For me it's definitely red.

I’m sort of on a Charlotte Tilbury kick right now from the direct sale and Net-A-Porter’s prices... so I’ll probably wear one of my new CT lipsticks! Which one sort of depends on how I do the rest of my makeup, but I might go with Sexy Sienna if it’s delivered in time! If not CT, one of my newer CP lippies - Maybe Jasmine! 

I still haven't tried any of hers yet @alexasteph I'll have to give them a shot. What's the satin formula? Is that the kissing one? I'm not really interested in these matte revolution though I've heard great things.

@sprocketta Yeah it’s the KISSING one, but honestly I feel like KISSING is more glossy and Matte Revolution is more satin/demi matte. They aren’t really matte at all and are creamy and smooth. I posted this one a few days ago, but here Matte Revolution in Pillow Talk, her famous shade. 

53753E81-B11D-4738-9176-2208FF6F0655.jpeg

@alexasteph I've seen talk of the shade everywhere and I understand why. It looks like it would be universally flattering. It looks especially lovely on you.

@sprocketta Thanks! Pick it up on Net-A-Porter before the extra 15% off expires! Haha. Before tax it’s only $21. 

Ooh @alexasteph I was trying to be good but lipstick day triggered a splurge on a single PMG and the fetish balm trio. $21 is a good deal, but I think I'm done for the month. I'll try it in the store and see how I feel. It's definitely on the list now.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos50
  • Don’t know why this photo pulls so magenta toned... too lazy right now to color correct it.
  • Paint It Black, Liv, and Black Dragon included just for color range reference.
  • The red cased bullet is Elson. :)
  • The only terms/disclosures provided in the email.
  • MAC offer seems tied to an appointment event, but that’s not a requirement stated in any offer disclosures. Hmm.
  • 53753E81-B11D-4738-9176-2208FF6F0655.jpeg
  • 98E874F7-8305-4ACE-B697-7CCA5D62694E.jpeg
  • MAC Nat’l Lipstick Day 2019 offer: the 8 shades to pick a freebie from, with $25 USD purchase.
  • Screenshot_20190726-201932_Facebook.jpg
  • 87CD81D3-4FF5-4181-87A9-B23B0C928BE8.jpeg
  • Screenshot_20190727-012403.png
  • Screenshot_20190727-012331.png
  • BiteLipsticks.PNG
  • Screenshot_20190728-001310.png
  • Some of the Ofra lippies are already half off; excellent deal if you like them!
testing