Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

National Lipstick Day 7/29

Hey all!  I'm excited for this.  Lipstick is life and this day crept up on me.  In the past 2 years, Sephora has been kind enough to send out a gratis for this day so I'm crossing my fingers for one.  They've been kind and generous enough with me already this year, so I feel guilty for saying that.  Still, I hope they have something up their sleeve.

I'm considering investing in a full size PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Flesh 3 109 in Elson as a gift to myself.  I have never purchased a full price PMG lipstick or any other lipstick over $30 or so.  I've wanted it for ages and think I'll pull the trigger.

What would you gift yourself for National Lipstick Day?  What shade will you wear?  I'll be sporting red for sure.

Re: National Lipstick Day 7/29

@sprocketta bold...Ill try for you 😘

National Lipstick Day 7/29

oooh i cant wait!! it definitely slipped by me too!! @sprocketta i love lippies

Me too @Marrrryyyyy They're my favorite kind of makeup.

@sprocketta  I just bought this pretty, and have completely fallen in love with the formula:

98E874F7-8305-4ACE-B697-7CCA5D62694E.jpeg

The photo does not do it justice. I absolutely love the silky-smooth powder texture and the light, sweet fragrance. 

@PinkEvergreen I've been wondering about those.  The name Powder Kiss makes me worry these will be too dry for me though.  What's the texture on them?

@sprocketta  I was worried about that too, but I found that the opposite is true. My lips feel amazing when I have this formula on. What MAC says on their site is quite an accurate description:

FULL DESCRIPTION

Matte, totally reinvented. Delivering a romantic blur of soft-focus colour, this weightless moisture-matte lipstick was developed to replicate a backstage technique: blending out edges of matte lipstick for a hazy effect. Its groundbreaking formula contains moisture-coated powder pigments that condition and hydrate lips. The result is the zero-shine look of a matte lipstick with the cushiony, lightweight feel of a balm. Fall for this all-new soft-touch, misty matte kiss of colour.

KEY CLAIMS AND BENEFITS

• Provides immediate and long-term hydration
  • Features a comfortable formula
  • Blurs lines and smoothes lips
  • Lightweight

@PinkEvergreen , @sprocketta  I super love the Powder Kiss Formula as well! I was gifted "Devoted to Chili" from the generous @eshoe and picked up two more on my own. The pigmentation reminds me a bit of water colors, some of my natural lip color shows through the lighter colors and the bolder colors have a lovely faded/blurred look. The formula feels super light, don't know about blurring lip lines, and on me, it's not necessarily hydrating, but it's also not drying. Not the best longevity, but the finish makes it easy to reapply without looking nuts 🙂 

Wow have you gone through the others or are they backups @MissPuff? I am elated it was a hit for you!😊

@eshoe The original one you got me is GONE! Done 🙂 So I've got a new one and a back up 🙂 

💃🏻 Love it @MissPuff thanks for sharing!

@PinkEvergreen Thanks.  That helps!  I guess I'll have to check one of these out.

Wow this colour is so so beautiful! The name ‘Burning Love’ made me think it would be more a burnt red (closer to the colour of fire?) but then I read the description and it definitely reminds me of the colour of wine. I’ll have to put this on my list too! 💋 @PinkEvergreen 

@Guessgal  It’s absolutely beautiful once applied as well. What I really like about the colour and the Powder Kiss formula is that it’s so easily buildable, without looking patchy. I just pat it on gently until I have the intensity I’m looking for, then softly press my lips together, and voilà — perfection ☺️

Great thread @sprocketta ! I’m broke, so I’ll probably shop my own stash. I still have lippies I haven’t worn for the 100 Shades challenge. I’d like a PMG. Maybe one day. Champagne tastes on a beer budget. 😄 A girl can dream. 

@divaknits I hear you about the budget.  This is my first purchase of a full-size PMG.  I've purchased all of her mini sets from Sephora and found the quality of the matte trance lipsticks outstanding.  I wasn't as impressed by the lust glosses.  Too sheer for me.  I'm waiting to receive the lip balm mini trio.  Here's a link to the sets.  I feel $25 for 3 minis is worth it to get a feel for the product.

https://www.sephora.com/brand/pat-mcgrath-labs/travel-size-toiletries

I’ve got one of the PMG mini trio lipsticks in Skin Show @sprocketta. It’s the neutral trio. My husband loves the colors. I love bolder colors, but I decided to have at least a few colors he likes to see me in. I’ve grown to like the colors and I love the formula. I’ve got my eye on the other trio at some point. 

@divaknits You would LOVE the bold trio.  I was loving all three shades and then I dropped one of them into the bathroom sink and the stopper wasn't in it.  It was trapped near the top and I tried tweezers and silverware to get it out, but it somehow came loose and tumbled in.  It didn't block the drain but it's still down there out of reach.  Grrrr.

I am going to stop by Sephora and pick out another shade of Hourglass' Unreal lip gloss.  I just purchased one in the color Fortune and love it.  So I want to swatch a few more which means I will probably buy at Sephora to avoid shipping during a summer heat wave.  Thinking Solar or maybe Cosmic.  Not sure, and I'm sure I'll try several others!

However, I am on Hourglass' mailing list and they've stepped up their email promotions and this for them actually is what I would consider a promotion since they don't discount.  They are giving away a deluxe size Girl Lip Stylo in Peacemaker if you buy direct from their website.  No code required and while supplies last.  Since the email directs you to their lip products pretty sure the purchase entails a lip product.  

@MCSSavvy I haven't tried any Hourglass lippies yet.  How does their gloss measure up to others?

Hi   I think they are really comparable to MAC's lip glass.  I know some complain that the applicator is paddle shaped.  I do not have any issues with the applicator shape and like any other product to avoid excess I will wipe the excess off in the tube before applying. You can build it up a bit if you want and I can see it easily being applied over lip stick or a multi-stick for more dimension. 

It goes on smooth and is not tacky or sticky feeling.  Although it does wear during the day the color stays so in a sense it acts almost like a lip stain /lip gloss. I only felt I needed to reapply maybe once or twice just to freshen up.  Hourglass markets it a bit as a plumping lip gloss but it's not intense like Buxom (which I can't wear - I break out in angiodema on my own so I don't need a product to do that for me  - LOL).  It has a slight tingle on application but I didn't notice any plumping effect.  IMHO, MAC out shined Lancome, Dior, and Chanel in longevity and wearability.  To me, this lip gloss is right up there with MAC lip glass.  Or course, that is just my personal opinion, but for what it is worth, I put it up there with MAC. In comparison with BITE, I find it is more hydrating and less matte.  I felt BITE lip glosses dried me out and so I wasn't a fan though I like their lip sticks.  I haven't tried other Hourglass lip products so I can only speak for the Unreal lip gloss but I truly was impressed.  I hope that answers some of your questions. 😄 

Wow @MCSSavvy That's a pretty strong review.  I've heard good things about the MAC lipglass but haven't tried it.  I will have to check the Hourglass out based on your recommendation.  Thanks for the details.

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos50
  • Don’t know why this photo pulls so magenta toned... too lazy right now to color correct it.
  • Paint It Black, Liv, and Black Dragon included just for color range reference.
  • The red cased bullet is Elson. :)
  • The only terms/disclosures provided in the email.
  • MAC offer seems tied to an appointment event, but that’s not a requirement stated in any offer disclosures. Hmm.
  • 53753E81-B11D-4738-9176-2208FF6F0655.jpeg
  • 98E874F7-8305-4ACE-B697-7CCA5D62694E.jpeg
  • MAC Nat’l Lipstick Day 2019 offer: the 8 shades to pick a freebie from, with $25 USD purchase.
  • Screenshot_20190726-201932_Facebook.jpg
  • 87CD81D3-4FF5-4181-87A9-B23B0C928BE8.jpeg
  • Screenshot_20190727-012403.png
  • Screenshot_20190727-012331.png
  • BiteLipsticks.PNG
  • Screenshot_20190728-001310.png
  • Some of the Ofra lippies are already half off; excellent deal if you like them!
testing