Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

The Question Thread 2.0!!

Have a question about a setting spray, foundation, concealer color, or an eyeshadow palette?? Look no further than here! Post your questions here about anything and everything makeup, skin, and hair related. Our community is great about helping out gals and guys in need of an answer. Don't be shy - ask away :).

skincare 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-101-Discussions-Questions-and-All/m-p/27192...

Makeup 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/Makeup-101-Discussion-Questions-and-All/m-p/2784774

The Hair thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Best-Hair-Ever/THE-HAIR-THREAD/m-p/2768486#M6666

Re: The Question Thread 2.0!!!

*Receive a maximum of 50 Beauty Insider points when you complete certain community profile traits on sephora.com from 12:01 am PDT on 9/1/17 through 11:59 pm PDT on 9/30/17. Insiders will receive points within 24 hours after completing the following: profile picture: 20 points; eye colour: 10 points; skin tone, type, and concern: 10 points; hair colour, type, and concern: 10 points. If your profile is already complete prior to 9/1/17, simply reselect these traits, submit and points will be added accordingly. Beauty Insiders only, no purchase necessary. Not available in Sephora stores. This offer is subject to change, alteration or termination by Sephora at its sole discretion at any time.

I saw a thread yesterday (thursday 8/31) that was posted by a moderator and explained how to get the 50 bonus points if you joined the community before this point promotion. I was too tired to do all the steps to get the points, so I went to bed and I told myself "Oh I will find this thread again tomorrow"

lol...

does anyone know how to get the points or where the thread is located? I could have sworn I hearted the mod's post so I could find it but apparently I didn't... 🙂

gingerleigh wrote:

I saw a thread yesterday (thursday 8/31) that was posted by a moderator and explained how to get the 50 bonus points if you joined the community before this point promotion. I was too tired to do all the steps to get the points, so I went to bed and I told myself "Oh I will find this thread again tomorrow"

lol...

does anyone know how to get the points or where the thread is located? I could have sworn I hearted the mod's post so I could find it but apparently I didn't... 🙂

gingerleigh wrote:

lol...

Receive a maximum of 50 Beauty Insider points when you complete certain community profile traits on sephora.com from 12:01 am PDT on 9/1/17 through 11:59 pm PDT on 9/30/17. Insiders will receive points within 24 hours after completing the following: profile picture: 20 points; eye colour: 10 points; skin tone, type, and concern: 10 points; hair colour, type, and concern: 10 points. If your profile is already complete prior to 9/1/17, simply reselect these traits, submit and points will be added accordingly. Beauty Insiders only, no purchase necessary. Not available in Sephora stores. This offer is subject to change, alteration or termination by Sephora at its sole discretion at any time.

thank you for being so helpful @StarGoddess ... @RGbrown posted a link, for members who already filled out those things in their profile, some of them like years ago -- a way for us to get some points too 🙂

Edit: It has a little more detail, and mentions promotions coming up as well, it's a good thread for everyone to read!

@gingerleigh

Here you go! It's easy to overlook with such a nondescript title. They really should have considered something a little more official-sounding...

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/Hey-Beauties/m-p/2946574#M35271

thank you so very much!! @RGbrown

Did you happen to get an email? Check your junk or spam folder. 

Im assuming once it's updated it takes some time. I just updated my profile so now I'm waiting. Please let us know once you figure it out. Xo

BUMP *smh*

Could anyone tell me about scent in Stila lip products? Do they all have a scent added, what is it supposed to be, etc?

I was put off the brand totally because I had a very strong reaction to the first lippie I ever tried, which was a liquid lip in a dark blue container iirc. It reminded me of sugar free Hazelnut Torani syrup, which I can't bear the scent of. I would like to try the brand again if I can just find out which things to steer clear of.

@gingerleigh Their classic liquid lipsticks do have a scent in them. It smells like the typical frosting/cake batter scent. Very sweet and artificial. But, it's not candy sweet like bubblegum.

I'm not sure if you've tried these products (Sephora cream lipstain or Kylie cosmetics), but they share similar scents to Stila.

I haven't ever tried those other products

I got a mini of Beso in a Sephora Favorites Lip Set, so I don't know whether to try it or just give it away lol.

thanks for the info  @Melissa136

I was wondering if anyone has any advice to me regarding lippie shade selection.

I have the hardest time finding shades that look the way they do on most other people I see, particularly pinks.

My lips are naturally a medium- kind of dark mauve in color.  I can usually count on berries or wine colors to look good, but a lot of reds skew fuchsia, and pinks skew coral.

I recently tried several ABH's Matte lipsticks, and they all turned the same on me, warm brown. 

Some of my favorite shades are Bobbi Brown Lilac- looks rosy pink on me, Burberry Full Kisses Rosehip 537- rosy, Wander Beauty Lipstick in Barely There is a perfect MLBB shade, and Bite Liquified Lipstick in Chutney is brown on me (but I do like it!)

I guess what I'm asking is if there is a way to determine before ordering if a lipstick is going to turn into a different color for me, like a pink turning coral.  Thank you!

RE: Re: The Question Thread 2.0!!!

I have the exact same problem! Thank you so much for asking about this. A lot of nude shades look orangey...

@Ispend2much6 Pinks are a tough one, this is true! I've had a hard time finding pinks I like as well, and I don't know if I have a trick to determine how it may look on me before I order it, but I have found a few that stay fairly true to color. My lips are naturally a lot like yours. Roses and bright blue based pinks tend to be best. Marc Jacobs Lip Creme Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Kat Von D Mother, and NUDESTIX Sin are rosy ones I like, while Bite Hall Of Famer and Too Faced Melted Matte It's Happening are brighter. 

@Ispend2much6 Here are some watches (from top to bottom same order as listed above with 2 and 3 being Mother in both formulas).

IMG_2532.JPG

The "roses" pull browner on my skin than they do on my lips. Under my darker natural lips, the pinks are pulled out. The brighter ones stay true to color and are not impacted by my natural lips. 

What is the last swatch and the brand? 

@StarGoddess  I think it's Mother in Kat Von D.

@alexasteph  Thank you!  You are so kind to take the time to show me swatches.  Now I wish I'd chosen the Rouge bag from a couple of weeks ago that had Kiss Kiss in it. 🙂 

As I look at your swatches, those are all colors I would be drawn to, so I'm very happy to have your suggestions.  I'll let you know when I try them. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 No problem! Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is probably on of my favorite roses. In fact... Here is it on my lips. 

MJ Kiss Kiss Bang Bang Crop.JPG

You can see how it's a nice rosy pink vs. a slightly a browner almost rosy brick in the arm swatch. It's really lovely formula too. If you're looking for a good nude, Slow Burn (also Marc Jacobs) is one of my favorites and doesn't turn brown, like a lot of nudes do (I can imagine that's an issue for you too). 

Did you receive Bite HOF?

@alexasteph  I just wanted to let you know that I tried on the Lipstick Queen Chess lipstick in Determined Bishop (pink mauve,) and it stayed true to the color!  I was so excited.  Also, Bite Beauty's Liquified lipstick in Braised is gorgeous.  It's a warmish deep red.

@Ispend2much6 I've never tried Lipstick Queen but I've been curious. I should check it out! Thanks for the recommendation. 

testing