cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Hey Beauties!

Hey BIC,

This is a multi-part update to fill you in on Sephora’s BIC September plans.

As you know, we spent the summer transforming BeautyTalk, The Beauty Board, and Ratings & Reviews into one cohesive platform, the Sephora Beauty Insider Community. Your participation and feedback has been enormously helpful in improving what we launched. With the addition of Live Community Chat, we’re proud of what we’ve built and how you are using it. (And truth be told, we’re addicted to Chat. And we love the doughnut. And the cat.)

On Friday, September 1, we are sending an email to all Sephora Beauty Insiders inviting them to join the new and improved Sephora BIC. You may receive the email. You might also see Sephora BIC advertisements running in your social feed and on certain beauty-related sites.

This marketing effort comes with an offer for newcomers to get 50 BI points for completing their profile. Profile completion is important because it helps us match Beauty Insiders with people who share their beauty traits via Beauty Matches on reviews and in the Gallery. A complete profile also helps you get a better understanding of who you’re sharing beauty advice with.  

We know many of you have already updated your profiles, and we also want to reward you with the 50 points being offered in this marketing launch. Here’s how to get the points starting September 1 (through 9/30, one time only):

1. Visit your Sephora profile and click the “Edit” button in the top right hand corner.
  2. Under “Photos & Bio, upload a profile photo (or re-upload one, it can be the same photo).
  3. You do not have to upload a cover photo if you don’t want to.
  4. Click “Save”. Under “Skin”, select your skin tone, skin type, and skin concerns. If you already have these options filled in, select a *different* option than the one you have filled in, then reselect your correct option.
  5. Click “Save.”
  6. Repeat Step 3 for “Hair” and “Eyes”.
  7. You do not have to fill out your Color IQ to receive the points.

You’re done! Your account should reflect the 50 new BI points within 24 hours.

In addition, beginning September 1, we’re kicking off a month full of “launch” activities including founder chats, challenges, and sweepstakes.

Here’s a taste of what’s planned:

• Fall Look #Sweepstakes on the gallery. Enter for a chance to win a $1,000 Sephora Gift Card
  • Fall Lip Challenge
  • Live Chats with some of your favorite brands including Too Faced, Milk Makeup, Dr. Dennis Gross and many more!

You can see the full Community Events calendar here.

We are so excited to begin the next chapter in the life of the Sephora BIC. We can’t wait to hang out here with you and some new friends as the community grows!

With my ongoing gratitude to you all for making the Sephora Beauty Insider Community a celebration of no-excuses self appreciation, friendship, and love,

ShiraBT

Sephora Community Director

P.S. Here are some pictures of me with the numerous and talented Sephora staff who worked on the launch of Sephora BIC. The small group is me, KatieBT, VivianBT, and CandaceBT. I’m the pipsqueak in the Warriors sweatshirt. The smallish group at desks is the community team plus our technology team who created the cohesive platform, and the larger group in the conference room shows the even bigger team who designed the new experience (the doughnut! the cat!) and wrote all the great copy and are helping with the marketing launch.

communitypost2.jpgCommunitypost1.jpgcommunitypost3.jpg

Re: Hey Beauties!

This is a nice update. How do i know when I've completed the profile?

Anonymous Insider

ShiraBT wrote:

Hey BIC,

As you know, we spent the summer transforming BeautyTalk, The Beauty Board, and Ratings & Reviews into one cohesive platform, the Sephora Beauty Insider Community. Your participation and feedback has been enormously helpful in improving what we launched. With the addition of Live Community Chat, we’re proud of what we’ve built and how you are using it. (And truth be told, we’re addicted to Chat. And we love the doughnut. And the cat.)

On Friday, September 1, we are sending an email to all Sephora Beauty Insiders inviting them to join the new and improved Sephora BIC. You may receive the email. You might also see Sephora BIC advertisements running in your social feed and on certain beauty-related sites.

This marketing effort comes with an offer for newcomers to get 50 BI points for completing their profile. Profile completion is important because it helps us match Beauty Insiders with people who share their beauty traits via Beauty Matches on reviews and in the Gallery. A complete profile also helps you get a better understanding of who you’re sharing beauty advice with.  

We know many of you have already updated your profiles, and we also want to reward you with the 50 points being offered in this marketing launch. Here’s how to get the points starting September 1 (through 9/30, one time only):

1. Visit your Sephora profile and click the “Edit” button in the top right hand corner.
  2. Under “Photos & Bio, upload a profile photo (or re-upload one, it can be the same photo).
  4. Click “Save”. Under “Skin”, select your skin tone, skin type, and skin concerns. If you already have these options filled in, select a *different* option than the one you have filled in, then reselect your correct option.
  5. Click “Save.”

In addition, beginning September 1, we’re kicking off a month full of “launch” activities including founder chats, challenges, and sweepstakes.

• Fall Look #Sweepstakes on the gallery. Enter for a chance to win a $1,000 Sephora Gift Card
  • Fall Lip Challenge
  • Live Chats with some of your favorite brands including Too Faced, Milk Makeup, Dr. Dennis Gross and many more!

We are so excited to begin the next chapter in the life of the Sephora BIC. We can’t wait to hang out here with you and some new friends as the community grows!

With my ongoing gratitude to you all for making the Sephora Beauty Insider Community a celebration of no-excuses self appreciation, friendship, and love,

ShiraBT

P.S. Here are some pictures of me with the numerous and talented Sephora staff who worked on the launch of Sephora BIC. The small group is me, KatieBT, VivianBT, and CandaceBT. I’m the pipsqueak in the Warriors sweatshirt. The smallish group at desks is the community team plus our technology team who created the cohesive platform, and the larger group in the conference room shows the even bigger team who designed the new experience (the doughnut! the cat!) and wrote all the great copy and are helping with the marketing launch.

Hey 

Anonymous Insider

ShiraBT wrote:

Hey BIC,

5. Click “Save.”

• Fall Lip Challenge

ShiraBT

Hey 

Hello Mods! First of all, thank you for all that you do! 

I had a thought about thread sorting, especially in light of this new flood of new users. On the website, there's an option to sort threads by most popular vs most recent. Now, I have no idea what the current algorithm is, but as of right now, it brings up super old threads (think 2014 or older). It might be more useful to define "popular" as threads with the most number of posts/hearts within a specific and narrow time frame. It looks like you've already done something similar with "top contributors/hearts leader board", you can see how many hearts people have received in the past 24 hrs, week, and month. While I think the leader board idea is a bit counterintuitive to a community (like some sort of popularity contest?) I think the concept as applied to the threads would be more productive. 

Threads with the most number of recent replies (filtered by 1 day, week, month) would appear at the top of the page; this shows active and meaningful participation by the community within a single topic, rather than 15 separate threads about which foundation is good for oily skin (which is a great question) with just one or two additional replies. These mini two post threads are neither helpful nor engaging; who wants to cross reference 15 suggestions across 15 threads? Not to mention that referencing this information later would be almost impossible, thus prompting new users to create yet ANOTHER thread with the same question. 

It seems like the beauty boards should be a complementary tool and resource to the live chat (which I think is quite cool, though I agree with several others that having a record of questions asked and answered would be even more helpful). If that is to be the case, it shouldn't just look like a permanent version of live chat. It looks like many of the new users really do want to engage with each other, but even they will get tired of answering the same question a dozen times for a different dozen users. BIC should be an actual conversation like the name says, not a thousand people yelling into the void.

Tagging @ShiraBT@KatieBT@candacebt

@MissPuff I know this was posted weeks ago and I missed it (surprise, surprise), but I can't give your idea enough support. From a programming stance it seems relatively easy to implement, and I think it would make such a huge improvement to the state of the boards. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️💚💛💜💙

I would love to participate and complete my profile, but on desktop, I still receive an error message of "This page is not currently available.  Please try again later." I've had this issue since the BIC roll out.  And now on the app, I get an even better message of "Error.  Profile could not be found."   I'd appreciate some help please.

Hey @shimmerbait I see what you're talking about. Reporting this now!

Too cute! ❤️ Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @ShiraBT!!

Aww everyone's so cute 🙂 I love the group photos!

Thanks for the update! Great pictures!!!

Hi Sephora Team members 🙂 We love you guys ❤️

#GoWarriorsDubNation

@PaletteAddict99 we love you back!

Thank you for the update!

I am very happy that we will also get the 50 points for profile updates!💋💋💋

@ElleElleG Fall Lip Challenge! 😘

LMAO!  Sounds like I need to go purchase some new lippies so I can be fully prepared for this challenge 😉

@Tamara76 @themusefactory

@ElleElleG Lip swatch challenge accepted! I'm ready for complete defeat from the queen of all lippies! 

This is getting good.;)

LOL @ShiraBT hope you're getting your team ready.  This lip challenge is going to be a serious battle 😉

Thanks for including us in the points promo! Can't wait for all the fun live chats and challenges. 

P.S. Did one of our Canadian BICers send you guys that Canadian flag banner?! lol 😄 

The Community team sits with the Canadian digital team and they are just so nice! 

@Mcakes that's actually where the Canada team sits! They're a proud bunch 🙂

@KatieBT Ah that is so awesome! 

33 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • communitypost2.jpg
  • Communitypost1.jpg
  • communitypost3.jpg
  • tumblr_oh3tgbc8YR1ux4b76o1_500
testing