Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: RE: Love for Brushes

@blackkitty2014 I’m passing

There aren’t any Chikuhodo brushes I want at the moment and I actually hate ordering from Visage.

i don’t know how it is for US orders, but mine ship direct from Japan and they always declare the full price, not the price I paid with the discount so I end up paying more on duties that it doesn’t end up having any savings 

Re: RE: Love for Brushes

Ouch! I didnt know that.  I forgot about the custom and duty @Mochapj.  Mine are shipped from Japan as well but i tried to do smallest order so i can avoid custom hassle.  It happened to me last time when i ordered with CD Japan.  Basically i had to call, email and jumped bunch of hoops for 2 weeks for US custom to release my order on or around $200 USD.

Re: Love for Brushes

Hoping to revive the thread to get some recommendations for a face setting powder brush. I've been using the Sephora powder brush from a brush set I bought two years ago but every time I use it, it sheds a few hairs on my face. My makeup brush knowledge is fairly limited so any brushes you can recommend. I'm also considering a new bronzer brush, I use the Real Techniques powder brush atm, but its a little too big so I'd appreciate any and all recommendations. Thanks!

I have two brushes that I love for setting powder, the Ka...

I have two brushes that I love for setting powder, the Kat Von D lock-it setting powder brush and the Sigma F20 large powder brush. Both brushes are very soft, no shedding and make applying powder a breeze. the Sigma brush is a lot bigger than the Kat Von-D brush, just depends on your preference.

TBH, I prefer the Kumano-made powder brushes for setting...

TBH, I prefer the Kumano-made powder brushes for setting and buffing. These two are my favs. The one on the left is part of a set and the other is deka fu-pa01. They feel like velvet on my face.

For those interested in the Sonia (Sweet Makeup Temptations) Brush set, the brushes are now available individually on Beautylish.

Thx you @makeitup305.  I love the looks of some brushes but not all of them. Go check 'em out now 😉

@blackkitty2014 I really like the shape of the Face 2. That one’s on my wishlist!

@makeitup305, i want face 2 and the 2 fan brushes for sure.  

Brush experts, I have a question for you. 

I just got my my very first Saikoho brush (the Chikuhodo Takumi T-4) and with it being white, I’m not sure how to get the color off without using my Cinema Secrets brush cleaner, which I assume I should not use on my brush daily even though that’s how I clean my synthetic brushes after every use. 

Do your blush brushes stay slightly stained with colour before you give them their monthly cleaning? 

I also have the Chikuhodo Makie MK-12 but since those bristles are dark, the powder left in the bristles don’t bother me as much. 

@k617 I keep a microfibre towel on my vanity and when I am done with my makeup, I will wipe the bristles on the towel to remove excess colour.

I would not recommend washing any natural hair brushes daily because it will break down the fibres of the hair. Your Takumi are goat which is more hardy, but they should still be handled with care.

Thanks @Mochapj! I knew you’d be the one to answer since you have such a beautiful collection 😉

my brush cleaner is waterless but I doubt the alcohol content is much better haha 

I can’t seem to get all of it off, so I assume that as time goes by my brush will just get more and more pigment stuck to it until I can finally clean it!

@k617 Yeah, the alcohol can dry out the hair cuticle which can lead to breakage of the individual hairs over time. 

Some people go so far as to condition their brush hairs as well but I’m not quite that far yet 😉

There will probably be mild amounts of colour hanging on between washes but it should come out easily when you wash. I’ve found colour seems to stick to the bristles more if I have dewy or damp skin, i assume due to the oils mixing with the preduct.

hope that helps!

Helps tons, thanks! @Mochapj

Sneak peek of the new Goss brush set from a Beautylish email. Coming next week.

Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 2.47.01 PM.png

More goat?  I almost wish he'd do a synthetic for liquids and creams.  Something cheaper that I'll wash with abandon.

RE: Love for Brushes

New Goss brush coming soon

Spoiler
test

test

Sonia from Sweet Makeup Temptations has designed her own brush line which will be available through Beautylish

Screen Shot 2017-12-20 at 2.41.11 PM.png

I actually like the set. I just don’t have the budget at the moment 😉 I put myself on no buy for now. If Wayne Goss holiday brush won’t sell out by Jan or so, i’d Pick up one 😉 

1,985 Replies
testing