Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

I just saw the email, and I'm intrigued... slightly skept...

I just saw the email, and I'm intrigued... slightly skeptical, but intrigued.

Re: Love for Brushes

Notes on the upcoming Hakuhodo price increase. To clarify, this hasn't been specific to Hakuhodo; a lot of other Japanese fude manufacturers have been increasing their prices these past few months as raw materials are becoming scarcer.

Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 12.26.09 PM.png

New chikuhodo makie series blue squirrel powder brush at beautylish

88D9544C-034B-4A99-9AED-3B4038A146F5.jpeg

B7BD45B8-80AF-4A7F-9C70-F16FC0EDFF93.jpeg

RE: Re: Love for Brushes

@lipstick4soul it’s a beautiful brush. I ordered one from Japan last year and can confidently say the photos beautylish has up do not do the handle justice

RE: Love for Brushes

Does anyone know if the Sonia g pro set will be restocked

RE: Love for Brushes

Ladies I’m hearing late February

Re: RE: Love for Brushes

@KNC24 No estimated date has been posted yet but according to Sonia G Instagram post on 1/6, the pro eye set is still in production and maybe back in stock sometime in Feb 🤷‍♀️. I’m still debating if I should take a chance and pick this set up when it comes back. 

Yes it will be restocked, maybe not as a set but as individual brushes. SoniaG has an Instagram post that explains the roll out. All her brushes are permanent, none are limited edition. There is just a delay in restocking because they take so long to make. 

I haven’t heard anything. Come to think of it, I’m not sure if that set was a limited one-time release or not. Have you emailed Beautylish about it yet? 

I’m looking for recommendations for an outer v brush.... please share your holy grail....

Sonia Kashuk point crease brush. $13 from Target. Feels n...

Sonia Kashuk point crease brush. $13 from Target. Feels nice to use and to hold in the hand. I have hooded/deeply set eyes, so I don't have a whole lot of "real estate" availabe for making the outer V unless I use something very small and precise like this brush. I sort of stamp the color for the V on with this brush, and then blend it with a larger, fluffier eyeshadow brush.

When I don’t just use whichever shader or blender I’ll use elsewhere on my lids that day, I reach for one of these: 

My favorite outer v brushes.My favorite outer v brushes.

Left to right: 

- Chikuhodo Fuji Makie Eyeshadow - I’ve had it for only a few days and already love it as a shader. It’s smaller than all my other shaders, so it’s easier for me to work with. Perfect for packing color in the outer and inner corners. It can blend, but it’s about as efficient at that as any other shader—which is why I prefer the next brush for complete outer corner work. 

- Sonia G Crease One - looks like a cross between a pencil and crease, but it’s my favorite of these 4 brushes for outer crease work. It’s denser than the average pencil brush, with a brush shape that allows for blending. I can pack on color very precisely and easily blend it out with this single brush.  

- Wayne Goss 19 Precision Blending - besides crease work, I like this little brush for blending out the outer corner when I use a different brush to pack on color. I also use it sometimes to lay down a softer layer of color in the outer corner. 

- Make Up For Ever 234 Angled Shader - when I don’t use it for under-eye concealer, I stamp color onto lid corners with it. I don’t normally blend eyeshadow with it... this is one of those times I’d reach for the WG 19 to blend the corner out. But its shape makes it easy to work with. 

@WinglessOne Awesome brushes! Thank you for the feedback on each one 🙂

Best,
Rebecca 

Thanks @RebeccaBT !

I really like Sigma Beauty's e48 pointed crease brush.  It's got like a little arrow shape to it, so it gets right into the crease, but you can also use the point to do the outer V.  It's also 50% off at the moment.

@CheerMomma I recommend the MAKE UP FOR EVER 234 Angled Shader Brush. I have found this is great for shading the outer crease. I hope this helps!

Best,

Rebecca 

My Chikuhodo x Beautylish Fuji Makie brushes arrived 2 days ago. I let them sit out in a cup overnight to fluff out. If you ordered these, expect to have them soon (if you don’t already have them)!

61D8C8A5-8C44-45AE-BF41-F8BB2ADA0E34.jpeg

I haven’t used them with makeup yet. I’ve just brushed them against my bare face. They feel verrrry nice, very soft. Not as soft as the Z brushes of course, but still. I expect these to shed a bit during the first week or 2 of use, and I hope they don’t keep shedding. Tomorrow will be the first time I use them. I’m particularly excited to try the highlight and eyeshadow brushes. 

Spoiler
Eye brush comparison: 4 Chikuhodos and 2 MACs.Eye brush comparison: 4 Chikuhodos and 2 MACs.Side profile: MAC 239, Fuji Makie eyeshadow, MAC 217.Side profile: MAC 239, Fuji Makie eyeshadow, MAC 217.Compared against Z-2 highlight and Z-9 powder.Compared against Z-2 highlight and Z-9 powder.
I wish the “Beautylish/Chikuhodo” line appeared below Mt. Fuji instead of through it. And sure, the goat hairs have splayed quite a bit in just 24 hours of storage without brush guards. But as long as the brushes perform well, I’ll be happy with them. They sure are pretty in person. 

Such an aesthetically pleasing set and the color 😍. Thanks for sharing @WinglessOne

RE: Re: Love for Brushes

@WinglessOne I don’t know why I passed on this one. Beautiful set.

@WinglessOne That brush set is stunning.  I love the royal blue color.

Absolutely gorgeous, @WinglessOne!

Absolutely gorgeous, @WinglessOne!
testing