Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

@WinglessOne So beautiful! The highlight and powder brushes look divine, can't wait to hear what you think!

Thx for posting @WinglessOne.  I think i will order it once they send me another link.  

So so so very beautiful @WinglessOne. I would be happy just staring at those beauties everyday.

Love for Brushes

I let out an audible gasp when I saw on Beautylish that Wayne Goss is preparing to re-release some of his original 2014 brushes. I'm welling up at the prospect of being able to buy additional brushes that I've loved while filling in where I have a gap from the original releases. The original fan brush is exquisite to me and I never felt that the undyed goat hair version was as well done. I've been sourcing dupes for his original #18 eyeshadow brush, and I definitely want another #13 so I can use it more regularly. There's many things to love from the original eye and face brush releases. Merry Christmas to me!!

2014 WG brushes in production.2014 WG brushes in production.

WG 2018 Holiday Brush, & 2014 brushes in production.WG 2018 Holiday Brush, & 2014 brushes in production.

@TraceyEB Did they already re-releases these brushes and I completely missed it? I know I saw that were returning soon but now I don’t even see them up on Beautylish.

Hi @Mrose251, the brushes have not been re-released. The 2014 brushes were removed after the Beautylish x Chikuhodo brush debacle.  Not sure that they were related but that was the timing. In a recent video, Wayne feautured a kohl pencil from his upcoming line with a '''coming soon" notation and also used a brush but didn't confirm what #he was using. Will let you know when I see the brushes reappear.

Thank you @TraceyEB

RE: Love for Brushes

I picked up some new brushes this week from a new-ish brand called Rephr (I believe its supposed to be a play on the phonetic spelling of refer)

The brand is based in Canada but selling CF goat hair brushes made in Kumano, Japan.

At the moment the line only includes 7 brushes; 5 of which are available individually. There’s also a powder brush that’s available as part of a full set, and at the moment they’re sending out prototypes of a crease brush that they’ll be selling in the future.

As best as I can tell from the limited info on their website, it seems they crowdsource design input for new brushes by sending out prototypes and use that feedback to refine the shapes of brushes they are making. I’m not clear how long they’ve been in business but I’ve only been able to find info on them as far back as September of this year.

I was pretty skeptical when I first heard about them because it sounded like some sort of weird brush Ponzi scheme. However I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the quality. The hairs are uncut and softer than goat hair brushes (both dyed and undyed) I own that were many multiples more expensive (TF, the new Suqqu, Chikuhodo) I haven’t really used all of them enough yet to provide detailed reviews but so far the 01 and 03 are the standouts from what I’ve tried. Since I haven’t seen a lot of info or feedback on the brand yet, I thought it might be helpful to share here.

I’ll come back and post more detailed reviews once I’ve used all of them for a few weeks but so far I’d say they seem worth investigating at the very least. And as a Canadian it’s nice to be able to buy Japanese made brushes without having to pay duties for once.

Re: RE: Love for Brushes

@Mochapj Hmm, I’m very tempted to buy their cheek (blush) brush as a possible travel brush, especially if it’s softer than a Chikuhodo goat brush and can easily apply sheer layers of bold blushes. Also kinda wanna give their shader and “multitasker” a shot. I’d also have been skeptical, so thank you for sharing your hands-on feedback! I’ll be very interested in your detailed reviews. 🙂

The initial release is already sold out for the new collection.  I got a text from them yesterday morning about pre-order and they offered to deliver today for no extra charge (since i'm closed by).  I didnt read the whole message and did not text them back until this morning.  They are still, however, taking pre-order but they don't have a shipping date (just in case you're interested).

@Mochapj @blackkitty2014 Aw, sorry you missed such a fast delivery date! I pre-ordered my set today and they’ll ship January 4. 

Beautylish is sending batches of pre-order emails in order of earliest signup. I don’t know how soon they’ll ship for folks in later email groups. But anyone who signed up for notification should keep watch for an email, if you haven’t already gotten one. 

Sonia G wrote a review and compared these brushes to a few others (including the Chikuhodo Noel Neige set), if anyone’s interested: 

sweetmakeuptemptations[DOT]com/2018/12/27/beautylish-x-chikuhodo-2018/

tarababyz on YouTube got this set in PR. They are in the haul posted 12/22 at about 17:30. She didn’t comment on feel of the brushes (so assume they are up to usual quality) but the handle design and color looks so beautiful. 

Wow these look right down my alley. Thx @Mochapj

D61E4D7A-2DFC-4D06-A6EB-182BB724FF71.png

Sonia G Crease 2 and Worker 3 are available now at Beautylish. I bought these along with Worker 1. I hope I will love them as much as I love her face brushes. I am hoping her eye set come back today but no bueno. 

Tagging @TraceyEB

Ooooh, thanks for the tag, @blackkitty2014.

Ooooh, thanks for the tag, @blackkitty2014.

New beautylish Chikuhodo collab coming

Wow so pretty gonna need these

Wayne Goss holiday brush - available now at Beautylish

ei.jpg

RE: Re: Love for Brushes

testing