Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

@Sonny4President From the side the TF brush 11 and the Z-5 have a similar thickness. However, the Z-5's tip is more tapered and so the hairs towards the tip of the brush are less bundled than the TF brush. When both brushes are moved against the skin the TF's tip makes more contact with the skin than the Z-5's does. Also, if you feel softness will be counterproductive to what you wish to use it for, the Z-5 brush is grey squirrel which is very soft. 

Sorry I didn't get the z5 yet.

IMG_7132.JPGIMG_7133.JPGIMG_7134.JPG

These arrived today, they were more of a want purchase after seeing them.  These are super soft and amazing quality. I would highly recommend CD Japan.

THEY ARE SO CUTE

Omg that looks amazing @kateye7 Do you know the brush #'s or names please so I can look up 🙂 Thank you 🙂

The dekafupa is really nice @dioradict - I would also recommend it.

Thanks @Mochapj 🙂 i will definitely share a picture once I get them @kateye7 🙂

Yes @dioradict they are the:

NEOKUD-261 DEKA fu-pa01 Extra Large Powder Brush / Koyudo fu-pa Series Black
GOODS 8400yen Released: March 15, 2013

NEOKUD-69 fu-pa02 Foundation Brush / Koyudo fu-pa Series Black
GOODS 4320yen Released: January 01, 2011

If you make an account they give rewards for purchase and when I signed up they gave me 300 yen off my order.

@kateye7 Thank you so much, it is so helpful to search. I did make an account, trying to see what i want to order next 🙂

Love it! @dioradict please share when you get new brushes if you decide to order =D

OMG those look so nice!

I would highly recommend both brushes ! =D

Was sorting through my brushes today before giving some a bath, and thought I'd line them up for a family photo 😊

image.jpeg

Spoiler
Top left: random Buxom and It Cosmetics
Top right: miscellaneous LMDB, ABH, NARS, gwp brush set
Bottom left: Sephora Collection/Pro
Bottom right: Too Faced

image.jpeg

Spoiler
Top left: Urban Decay
Top right: OCC
Bottom: MUFE

image.jpeg

Spoiler
Top left: Z series
Top right: Etoile set
Bottom left: Takumi series
Bottom right: xBeautylish set

image.jpeg

Spoiler
Top: Koyudo brushes (dekafupa, fuwafuwa, red squirrel, Chikuhodo MK2
Bottom: Tom Ford

90% of these get used regularly, with the exception of the UD brushes.  Most of those came with palettes that I've already depotted.

I've been impatiently waiting for another photos worth of brushes to arrive for nearly a month, so getting all these out was oddly soothing.  I'll be sure to share the new acquisitions once they arrive. 😉

What a nice brush collection -stands back to admire-

Do you feel like the bronzing brush is too big? I have the cheek and foundation brush, I use the foundation brush for just about everything face related lol

@Sonny4President I'm not sure if I'd say it's too big for what I use it for, but I don't use it for bronzing.

I think for my face shape it would be too large to use for bronzer, unless I literally wanted bronze on my entire face. 

I use it just for loose powder or diffusing the edges of harsher blushes and it works well for that.  I have noticed it sheds more than any of my other TF brushes, which is disappointing given the price.

In love with your brush collection!! 

Which your favorite Tom Ford brush? I'm looking to buy my first one, and I'm leaning towards the shade & illuminate brush since I have that palette, but wondering if its worth all the money :$ 

@kay634 Sorry, I'm just seeing this now 

I'm probably not the best person to recommend a TF brush, because in general they aren't my favorite.  I find most of them too large for their intended purpose, and I use the cream foundation brush for blush and the giant bronzer brush for loose powder.  

I dont own a shade illuminate palette, so I can't comment on the brush's usefulness with that - I bought the brush because it was a unique shape that I thought I might like for sweeping on eye primer

Thank you for that insight! I'll probably try to look at them first in store to find the right size brush for me! Thanks! 🙂 

Those TF fluffy brushes are divine. 

Had to update my original picture.  They looked so unorganized with the first picture I uploaded.  Here they are all lined up and ready to play with.  I LOVE my brushes!

testing