Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Love for Brushes

I'm developing a love for brushes of all kinds.  I bought a few higher end brushes and they are amazing.  They are incredibly soft and my makeup glides on like a dream.  There are so many interesting shapes. I am really interested in creating a beautiful brush collection.  Show your brushes and share any cleaning and storage tips and let us know which ones are your favorites.

Tom Ford Brushes.jpeg

Re: Love for Brushes

Did ya'll get yours online? Would you recommend it? How versatile is it? It looks beautiful ❤️ _ ❤️ 

@Sonny4President I also got mine from Cdjapan. It is a gorgeous brush. There are no other brush handles (that I know of) that look similar. It is both functional and a piece for collectors. It is great for powder products so you can use it with powder foundation, or to lay down bronzer or blend out heavy handed blush. I have also read some people use it for cream products but have not tried so myself. If you are really interested in the brush Cdjapan may or may not have another sale coming up. They had a 20% sale on all Koyudo last fall. Considering it's a little over $100 US it's a good amount saved. However, I cannot say for sure if they will have the sale again this year. I would definitely recommend it, but I will say it may not be the most necessary brush for the average brush user. 

@Sonny4President I got mine online from CDJapan.

I've only had it a few days so I haven't formed an opinion yet, but perhaps Cahlee would have some feedback.

@Sonny4President I'm sorry, I don't (as I'm in Canada) but perhaps @Cahlee might?

Unfortunately I do not know of any places in the US where you can see brushes from the brand Koyudo (fuwafuwa included) Sorry 😞

They're all beautiful! The black handle on the Canadian squirrel brush is gorgeous. 

Hey @Mochapj, any favorites for lightweight liquid foundations? 

Also jumping in, the Rae Morris Radiance 27 (have not tried the new 26 version) is my absolute favourite for liquid foundation.  The Koyudo fu-pa02 is a close 2nd.  Third is the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.

RM had 15-20% sales discounts at least twice in the past year and a half so sign up for alerts.  CDJapan usually has 20% off Koyudo sometime in the fall.  They have free shipping on brush purchases over 12,000 yen right now.

Thanks for the suggestions @comfyrock! I hadn't heard of that line before, is that Rae from Rae Reviews? If so, I really like her - her reviews are really honest and and helpful. When I saw your post, I immediately thought about how surprising it is that her name isn't attached to more products.

Off to google! 

edit: It's not Rae from Rae Reviews... but this other Rae seems to know what she's talking about too, lol. Back to googling! 

@etscore1, you're welcome 🙂  During your Google travels, you may encounter the BECCA brush that looks like a dupe of the Rae Morris Radiance 27.  Don't be fooled; it does not perform as well.  The RM 27 is available on Beautylish and on her site.  Since it's an Australian company, please check the currency in which prices are posted on her site.

Totally off topic @etscore1 is that Ms. Kimberly Clark as your avatar?

I recently found her on YT and I'm totally smitten with her.  Just so genuine and sweet.

@newandaddicted It is! If you haven't seen @meganlisa's thread, she brought Kimberly Clark to the attention of BT and I totally fell in love with her. She's a little reminder to everyone that, in her words:

YOU DON'T NEED IT. 

😄

image.jpg

@etscore1,Sorry to bud in but Koyudo fupa3 (I think) is my all time favorite for liquid foundation. It is as similar as the Shiseido one but the head is double. I buy this from CDjapan for less than $40. I think they offer free shipping right now.

Don't apologize @blackkitty2014! Thank you for the suggestion! My coworker recently purchased the Shiseido face brush and it is delightfully soft, but definitely a tad small. The size seemed to be the reoccurring gripe about the brush, and that it takes too long to do a whole face with it. If that brush has a similar softness to it, but is twice the size, that sounds like an amazing brush that I'm going to have to look into! 

@etscore1 Sorry, I can't help you with that!  I don't use the foundation brushes for foundation, but for my cheek products 

the only brush I've liked for foundation is actually from it cosmetics (because I don't typically wear foundation)  I'll check what it's called but it is round with a flat top and good for buffing tinted moisturizer or light foundation 

@Mochapj No worries, thank you! 🙂 

I don't know if there's any reasons for me to even buy a brush for the foundations I use, but there are days where it just seems like fingers aren't enough. 

@Anonymous I go back and forth between a beauty blender and my Cover FX brush with my liquid foundation.

Cover FX brush.jpg

I have this brush.  I really enjoy it.  I was *tipsy shopping* on the Vegas strip and bought it on feel alone.

I am not ashamed to admit that! LOL

Hahahahaa  tipsy shopping in Vegas sounds fun but dangerous for the bank account.

@newandaddicted Tipsy shopping... AMAZING. I will definitely check it out the next time I'm in a store! 

@AMK721 and @newandaddicted - What's your preferred application method for this brush? Are you a dabber/stippler, swiper, swirler/buffer...? Assume it's pretty good in regards to absorbing product as well?

I usually dab my foundation on my face then buff it in.

6 Replies
testing