Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Must Have May Hauls 2023

Please share your hauls for this month whether it be for yourself or for your lovely Mother/Mother figure. 

Happy Birthday to all the May babies and Happy Mother’s Day (May 14th) to all the Gorgeous and hardworking Mamas/Mamas to be!!!

Mother’s Day gift ideas 2023  

IMG_6666.jpeg

IMG_6664.jpeg

Re: Must Have May Hauls 2023

@CynthieLu  Heh, I used Primadonna for the first time last week and went a liiiitle heavy handed with it, unintentionally. Dang, that one's very pigmented! (Golden Hour's not as easy to overdo, at least not on my skin tone.) I had to tone it down with powder foundation. Reminded me of the first time I ever used NARS Blush shade Exhibit A and accidentally gave myself Pikachu cheeks. 🤣 Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying the Danessa Myricks blush shades you bought! And good shopping to take advantage of the fragrance points multiplier! 

They really are sooo super pigmented and agree with my skin type @WinglessOne thank you! I totally love them,  a tad lip drying but they look so pretty on my lips too 😍

Ooh gosh I did really hit that fragrance multiplier good 😉

@CynthieLu those blushes are beautiful 

I'm loving them right now @CorgiMommy thank you 🥰

Ulta, Target, and Viseart: 

Yeah, I have a thing for mini palettes and quads.Yeah, I have a thing for mini palettes and quads.Didn't even know Viseart offered this as a gutterless empty magnetic til I poked around during their sale.Didn't even know Viseart offered this as a gutterless empty magnetic til I poked around during their sale.My old Editorial Brights (in the non-magnetic casing) vs. the adorable fun size version.My old Editorial Brights (in the non-magnetic casing) vs. the adorable fun size version.
Swatches & notes: 
Spoiler
Natasha Denona Mini Bronze Eyeshadow Palette - I went to Ulta to return something and decided to exchange it for this mini palette. I keep saying I’m not a neutral palette kind of person, at least not what most folks consider “neutrals.” That’s still true. I just figured it’d be good to have a little travel palette like this again for days when I want subtle definition on my eyes, or when I just wanna mask a zinc oxide sunscreen’s white cast on my lids. Mini Bronze has always reminded me of Petite Heat, the only Urban Decay palette I ever enjoyed performance wise. 

Native Unscented Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 - I normally use the facial version of this sunscreen. Remembered to grab the body version during my last Target grocery run. Most body sunscreens can be used on the face and cost less per ounce. I want to see if Natives body sunscreen performs as well as their facial sunscreen. 

Viseart: grabbed a few things during their last sale. 

• Petits Fours Peridot - I’m kinda surprised I didn’t get one in my Beautylish Lucky Bag(s). 😄 It's an interesting color story... I bet I can layer shadows to create more shades, but even as-is I can see getting more looks out of this quad than one might expect. 

• Petites Mattes Editorial Brights - I have the full size Editorial Brights in the old non-magnetic casing. When Viseart released this mini version, I knew I’d eventually buy it just so I could travel with one of my favorite all-matte palettes ever. (No, I don't travel with my full size 12-pan Visearts.) 

• Petites Dark Edit - I almost bought Petites Dark Mattes instead (also for travel purposes; I already have the full size palette) but chose this one instead because its curation goes beyond Dark Mattes, plus it contains 4 shimmers. 

• Grande Pro Empty Palette - if I ever travel with more shadows and/or blush pans than one of my tough little MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Color Refillable Makeup Palette Extra Large can hold, then I’ll put ‘em all in this magnetic palette instead. It’s lightweight but doesn’t feel like it’ll easily fall apart, and it’s not too big for me to travel with. And I love that the lid folds back so the palette will stand up and open, which matters when I’m staying someplace with limited counter/table top space. 

hauls-may-13-swatchviseart.jpeg

EDIT: just realized I didn't swatch Mini Bronze or Editorial Brights, though I'm sure some folks already know what those 2 look like by now since they're not new palettes. But here's the quick subtle eye look I did with Mini Bronze the day after I bought it, plus an old swatch photo of Editorial Brights I posted elsewhere on BIC long ago: 

Spoiler
Natasha Denona Mini Bronze on lids and full inner corner (top & bottom). Bottom lash line = eyeliners: LH Cosmetics Crayon shade Altair Flash and Charlotte Tilbury Walk of No Shame.Natasha Denona Mini Bronze on lids and full inner corner (top & bottom). Bottom lash line = eyeliners: LH Cosmetics Crayon shade Altair Flash and Charlotte Tilbury Walk of No Shame.
Viseart Editorial Brights - an old swatch photo of my full size palette. These swatches were done with a shader brush.Viseart Editorial Brights - an old swatch photo of my full size palette. These swatches were done with a shader brush.
Speaking of Viseart: I'm kinda sad to see them apparently leaving Sephora, judging by the long-declining product selection here. I know I can always buy direct from the brand (and Beautylish, as long as they still carry the brand), but still. 

Beautiful palette haul @WinglessOne!

Thanks @faeriegirl ! 

Wow, that Editorial Bights look stunning 😍. Need to check if there is a lot of  Carmine in the shadows. I hope this palette is still around when I want to buy it. I still have to crack open the  Viseart Paris Love Letter Etendu Eyeshadow Palette I bought last year. Native's Coconut Vanilla body wash dried me out so I have yet to try anything else from their line. @WinglessOne 

@Buootiful  Nope, Editorial Brights contains no carmine. (It’s a vegan palette.) Hope you can get it when you’re ready to buy!

And sorry the Native body wash didn’t work for you. I’ve never tried it, but most body washes dry out my already dry body skin so I’m very picky about body cleansers. I use non-soap (non-alkaline) bar cleansers instead of gels. The only Native products I’ve tried are their unscented sunscreens. 

I have both the mini editorial brights and dark palettes and love them! Great pickups @WinglessOne 

@AznAngelLiz  Next time Viseart has a sale, I might buy another mini EB to gift away. I'm so glad Viseart's been re-releasing all their 12-pans in this Petites format. They very recently relaunched Coy as a mini and I'm very tempted, even though I already have the full size palette. 😂 If they release Boheme Dream as a mini, I'll have to buy it as a travel version of my full size palette. 

@WinglessOne oh love the formula on viseart!! 

@lmaster  It's so good. The first time I ever used Dark Mattes (my first Viseart palette), I kicked myself for not trying the brand sooner. 😄

Wonderful! I really want mini editorial brights but it was sold out last time there was a sale (that I was shopping) and then I forgot for a while! Maybe one day! @WinglessOne 

@sister13  The day after I placed my order, I went back to Viseart's site because I'd forgotten to check on a different palette (Bijouxette Etendu, which seems to always be sold out) and noticed Editorial Brights had gone OOS. It sold out fast! Hopefully you'll be able to get it during the next sale! 

@WinglessOne Amazing haul! I am really curious about the Native SPF. I recently purchased my first deodorant from the brand and I can't say enough positive things about it. Beautiful swatches. Enjoy!!

Thanks @Mellmars1185 ! I can definitely recommend the facial version of Native's sunscreen. I haven't tested the body version yet but will sometime this week. Glad you're liking their deodorant! 

Such a gorgeous and colorful haul @WinglessOne !!! Those swatches (all) look amazing! 🌈

Thanks @Saradestin !

Love the Viseart palettes, @WinglessOne, especially the fun size Editorial Brights palette!

Thanks @curlychiquita ! Having so many colors in such a small package is fantastic. 

41 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos222
  • Viseart Editorial Brights - an old swatch photo of my full size palette. These swatches were done with a shader brush.
  • IMG_6664.jpeg
  • IMG_6666.jpeg
  • IMG_20230502_093525614.jpg
  • IMG_20230502_093825542_HDR.jpg
  • EA3D00DA-49D7-4A57-B8FF-7FA2E953BFA9.jpeg
  • How nice is Sassy Sauce’s Box?
  • E259D1E3-27F0-43AD-8473-3CE35EFF3E0B.jpeg
  • This packages cannot be cuter!
  • Look at these colors!
  • 5A91FA60-A33A-4CDB-B5A7-973C10A539D4.jpeg
  • IMG_6972.jpeg
  • IMG_4666.jpeg