Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: The Perfume Challenge

Welcome, @tastelikewater !  I really dislike dabber bottles too!  Sacred Memory sounds so promising; too bad it didn't work out.  I'm glad you had a better experience with Delina.  I am not a fan of rhubarb, but that could be due to my dislike of eating it! 😄

@Titian06 I've been dying for some good ole raw rhubarb haha. My grandma had some but it's been decades. I really want to plant some. 

Go for it, @Samtian !  We grew rhubarb in our garden when I was a youngster living at home.  It has a great nutritional profile and will taste so much better coming from your own garden than from the grocery store. 🙂

Onice Omnia Profumi

375x500.9535.jpg

"At first, one can feel the freshness of plant top notes: citrus, lavender, peach, and cedar wood, which blend in a unique energizing aroma. Then, slowly, the scent turns into a more complex nurturing sweetness thanks to its base notes of licorice and pineapple, both interacting with other essences, such as hyacinth, mint, cedar, and nutmeg.

The darkness of the onyx stone this perfume is inspired by becomes more evident as its base notes gradually emerge and its fragrance changes according to one person’s skin, acquiring a deep and sensual scent made of either fruit or wood notes." - a note from the brand.

My thoughts- 0/5-Starts out very true to citrus with a hint of licorice and lavender. Dries down to a heavier lavender scent. 4 hour wear time.

@Samtian - The top notes sound lovely.  The dry down spoils it. 😖

@Titian06 Want me to skip this one for you?

@Samtian - Yes, definitely not interested.

@Titian06 Got it! If I can get my butt in gear today I will ship them out. 

@Samtian - I look forward to receiving these whether it's next week or in six months! You are too kind! 😘

@Titian06 I sent it today! Should be there Wednesday...and this one may or may not have been in there uh oh. I had had them all set aside for my empties post...and it might have accidently ended up in the bag. 

@Samtian - I received your package!  Thank you so much! 😘  None of the samples are ones I've tried before.  I'm very excited to give these a try! 😁  I'll post my thoughts.

@Titian06 I am excited, I can't wait to hear your thoughts! And I'm glad you haven't tried any of them before.

Thanks, @Samtian !  That will make receiving the package more intriguing. 😄

@Titian06 🙂 I'm so glad. Thank you, because I did not in fact get my act together lol. 

This one sounds interesting, sorry it was a flop for you @Samtian!

@bakeamuffin Thank you! I was probably hoping the lavender wouldn't be so prevalent. 

It can be so strong when it’s not well balanced @Samtian, that’s for sure 

Fragrance no. 1 

Today I’m reaching for Juliette Has a Gun Not A Perfume 

This is actually a favourite of mine with a scent that’s almost hard to describe, especially because it’s a little different on everyone depending on how it responds to your chemistry. 
I know a lot of people say it smells

musky which is fair upon first smell since there’s almost a nothingness to it, but for me it can be described as an almost spiced,  extremely light citrus fruit, with a hazy warmth to it that carries a quiet sweet creaminess, making it a beautifully rounded fragrance that I love for any season. Nothing is quite obvious about it and yet it is entirely captivating. 
After using up a sample I had gotten in a Sephora order I added this scent to my wish list and got it for Christmas in the travel spray which I love because I can bring it with me everywhere! 

@bakeamuffin Great choice! That one is definitely something special. 

@Samtian you’re right, it really is!

I'm glad you like this perfume, @bakeamuffin ! 💖💖💖

1 Reply
testing