Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

I love your sample storage! What a fantastic idea! I've just had all my vials sitting in a Rubbermaid container, but now I'm inspired to transfer them to something pretty. 

Black Opium is one of only 3 full-size perfumes I own; that's how much I love it.

Thank you @Beadshopgirl! I wish the picture was upright lol. Yes definitely put them in something pretty, it makes you want to reach for them more often! 

The picture is appearing upright on my iPad. I dusted off a cut crystal candy bowl, and now my samples are looking posh. 

this is a fantastic challenge. One I will be tracking in my bullet journal I just started today! 🙂 

Day 1: Derek Lam 10 Crosby Rain Day. Thought it was a fitting fragrance on a rainy day 🙂

Day 1: Pinrose - Secret Genius (I tried a sample foil, this one is a not for me scent.)  the notes are Caramel, White Chocolate, Madagascar Vanilla, Cedarwood, Sandalwood. but the discription stated it sips like a white russian. I guess I smelled like a bar today 😞 normally I like warm sandalwood scents but not this one. it got better after the dry down but until then I really smelled too boozy. 

It's too bad Secret Genius doesn't wear well on you. I adore all of Pinrose's line, and Secret Genius is one of my top 3. I find all of their scents to be really unique, and they blend really well together. I don't know if you've tired Pinrose Pinrose, but that one blends really well with Secret Genius. It's weird, since Pinrose is a rosy leather, and it definitely smells like roses and leather, but the combination of those two layered is really nice. 

I wish I had a foil of this. I have the rollerball on my wishlist. I don't seem to like the Pinrose scents I've tried but this one has notes I like. 

Hi Samtian, I seem to be of a similar vein  the way of the Pinrose line except I like the treehouse royal one instead but I too d don't seem to like any of the others than one specific one I have tried so far. I really thought I would like the secret genius one as I like notes that are in the sample just not rolled into one i guess 😞 

I have a few foils I need to try! This month for sure! 

I reached for Atelier Gold Leather!  I forgot how good it smells on me!  Wore it yesterday and today!

Top Notes: Bitter orange, Indian saffron, Jamaican rum
Heart Notes: Plum, Davana, Eucalyptus
Base notes: Gaiac wood, Cedarwood, Leather, Oud accordPERFUME.jpg

Starting off Day 1 with one of my absolute favorite perfumes, Dolce & Gabana Dolce Rosa Excelsa. I adore anything involving roses!

Day 1. I reached in and grabbed Dolce by DOLCE&GABBANA. http://www.sephora.com/dolce-P385301?skuId=1601301&icid2=products%20grid%3Ap385301 Notes:
Neroli Leaves, Papaya Flower, White Amaryllis, White Daffodil, White Water Lily, Cashmeran, Musky Notes, Sandalwood.  

I really really love this smell. I don't know how to describe it but intoxicating. 

@Samtian i really love dolce too!

This is one I've been wanting to try because of the neroli.

I love getting this as a sample.  It smells good! Now, I see it is the Neroli that attracts me to it.

Good idea posting the notes! @Samtian

@wheeeee Thanks! I thought it might be helpful for some people. 

Yes!  I will post notes as well so that at least others can have a clue about all the perfumes we are about to post!  ;')

Day 1--- a nice soft but warm coconut. I'm really liking this. I've had it on for about three hours now and thus far it's wearing nicely. Only downside for me was that the tester is a wand in lieu of spray.  IMG_4293.JPG

Update... I've had this on for about 12 hours, and I can still smell it if I'm right up to my wrist.  Very warm coco nutty.  I looked up the bottle and it's a pretty good price.  I'm certainly putting it on a list of possibilities for travel size!

Day 1: Derek Lam 10 Crosby Ellipsis. On me, it smells like Play Doh's girls' night out at this hip, new club inspired by Andy Warhol's The Factory.

testing