Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Day 1: Layered Atelier samples in Vanilla Incensee and Orange Sanguine. I smell like a creamsicle in the best possible way!

Oh that sounds amazing!! I don't have Vanilla Incensee but I love Orange Sanguine.

Day 1: Tom Ford Costa Azzurra

Beachy and light not wow sent for me.  

Day 1:  Juliette Has a Gun - Not a Perfume

My descriptions of perfumes suck, so I'm not going to try.  I don't particularly care for this scent; it reminds me of musk.  However, every time I read the name, I start singing "Janie's Got a Gun"!

Day One: Chanel's Cuir de Russie EDP. Opens with a lively burst of aldehydes and citrus. I'm reminded of no.5. The leather has a gentle smokiness and asserts itself rather quickly although this remains balanced with the aldehydes. Despite this, it's not a processed "handbag" or "patent" leather to me. I also don't detect the raw, barnyard notes so many people rave over (or cringe at). I'm surprized at how much I want to wear this again as I tend to like weirder scents. This is a refined, floral leather, a classic. Definitely recommended.

Day 1: juicy couture viva la juicy rosé

oh yeah!  Starting the month off right! Sweet girlie roses! 

Day1-Kilian good girl gone bad.I am surprised how powdery it smells on me.I think I am smelling the jasmine,I like it.

Day 1: Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy. I wore this a lot when it first came out, though I got bored with it. I received a gift set for Christmas and have been loving it all over again. 🙂

I'm going to give this a go! This will be a great chance to stretch my fragrance comfort zone! Looks like I'll be going through my sample stash tonight!

I'm in! I enjoyed the lipstick challenge, but I think I will find this one more difficult. I tend to stick with the same fragrance for a while but like to switch up lip colors everyday. Choosing a fragrance at random makes me too nervous, but I like the idea!

Trying to decide if I should choose randomly, I usually like to have a plan, though. 😄

I am ready. I organized my train case by parts of the alphabet, and put the non spray kind in the bottom. Gonna reach into each section at random. 

Meant to post a day or two ago, but I've been out of town and am currently on a plane. Just a reminder that this challenge is starting tomorrow (if you haven't already started), so get your perfumes ready!

Eeeeeeep!  So ready!!!   I've stuffed all the vials in a Sephora pouch and will be blind selecting all month.  Nothing goes back into my drawer that I didn't absolutely love.  That's the plan anyway.

Safe travels:) 

Great idea! I'm going to do this, too.

That's a good idea! I'm too particular to leave things up to chance though 😅

Well, I have no intention of wearing anything until I smell it on paper first.  And I'm allowed to do redraws!  My plan is not solid.  

I am getting ready for the challenge! I have gone through my sample stash and full size bottles; and found some options that I can tolerate wearing each day. 😄

Can I just start now cause I already started two days ago.

Day -3:  Gucci Bamboo

I absolutely adore this scent.  I suck at explaining scents so I won't even try.  I think my main test will be whether my hubby thinks I smell wonderful.  You know it's awesome when you give a loved one a hug and they take a step back and tell you you smell good and go in for another hug!  

Count me in!  Even though most scents are migraine triggers, I have found scents I can wear without any problem.  The biggest problems are with sweet and vanilla.  The minute I smell either or both, it's like being stabbed with an ice pick!

@txcatx - I L-U-V your scent description!

I don't know if I have 31 testers/rollerballs, but I'll definitely be reading all your posts if I don't.

I can do this!!!  Will do this!!! 

RIRI.gif

testing