cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Home fragrance thread ๐Ÿ•ฏ๏ธ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ 

boy smells.jpg

I've been meaning to post about home fragrance in forever, so here's a thread dedicated to candles, sprays, diffuser blends, incense or however else you are scenting your home ๐Ÿ™‚

My favourite way of scenting my space is to customize my own diffuser blends but I do like a candle now and then. I love the way the Boy Smells candles look but I have to admit I'm not impressed. The throw isn't great and the wick is slanted so that the candle isn't burning evenly! It smells soooo good though โค๏ธ

Re: Home fragrance thread ๐Ÿ•ฏ๏ธ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ 

Home Fragrance - Jardin du Luxembourg.jpg

I first spied the Kerzon Jardin du Luxembourg in a small boutique while at a farmer's market. I was instantly drawn to the clean, minimalist aesthetic of the jar, the simple, calming and pretty shade of the green jar, and its name - Jardin du Luxembourg. I did not get a chance to visit the Jardin du Luxembourg when I was in Paris oh these many, many years ago, but, it is on my list if I have an opportunity to go back. 

The cold throw on this candle smelled like a fresh bouquet of flowers when I went in for an initial smell. The strength of the throw was neither too soft nor too overwhelming. I think it was probably the 4th, maybe 5th, time after I kept circling back to the bookcase in the store where this candle was perched, that I decided that maybe I should purchase it. I'm glad I did. 

The throw when lit is ... lovely. What comes to mind is a French garden in the spring. It's definitely a floral scent, but it's not a common one, at least not to my nose. There's a lightness to the floral notes - soft, slightly powdery, with a delicate, green freshness to it. I loved walking out of the room only to walk back in shortly thereafter just to pick up that delightful scent. Makes me want to take a walk in a French garden.

@itsfi That sounds amazing. 

@itsfi Sounds delightful โค๏ธ I love that fresh bouquet smell!

Currently burning Sunrise Woods from Bath & Body Works, ended up snagging this at the beginning of the fall season after falling in love in the aisle. I adore the gorgeous "red woods effect" wrap and think it gives the candle a much more beautiful look. Usually I don't expect to be a fan of candles with "Woods" within the name, as I find these fragrances tend to have an intensely "smoked wood" scent (opposed to true wood and leaves) and in general, I'm much more of a gourmand scent lover. However, despite having a distinct woodsy scent this candle packs a very homey and comforting touch mingled deeper within the notes which slightly remind me of TOCCA Stella perfume after it settles on the skin. I will say, the throw of this seemed to be a bit subdued compared to what I've been used to with other B&BW candles I've used in the past. Would definitely repurchase, I like that this shies away from my typical scent families yet that it still gives a distinct crisp autumn air feel.

Notes are: Creamy Sandalwood, Sweet Berries & Cozy Cashmere

Screen Shot 2023-11-14 at 2.25.25 AM.png

A little cross post from the The Candles thread ๐Ÿ™‚ hope that's alright ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Just finished burning the Pumpkin Snickerdoodle by Bath & Body Works large candle. I picked up a few autumn-friendly candles and still have a few to go through so I wanted to burn this one before anything-pumpkin-related fell out of season (controversial take coming from me considering my favorite year-round bathroom wax melt scent is Pumpkin Buttercream, but I digress). The scent was pretty spot on but I wouldn't say it had enough of a distinguishment to be a true right-on-the-nose snickerdoodle scent, but it came pretty darn close. Throw was fantastic on this one, I burned this in my bedroom and could distinctly smell it throughout my partner's office area and our dining room when I left the door open. Will definitely repurchase this one if it comes around next season ๐Ÿ™‚

Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 8.59.47 PM.png

A super cheap find when I went to ALDI (which I went to for the first time in ages), I believe this little candle was about $2-3? I love sweet scents and have never seen a cereal scented candle before so i had to pick it up. This is a small candle but the throw is amazing and you can definitely smell it throughout my entire large room. Will definitely get another one of these when I go back to ALDI ๐Ÿ™‚ The best way to describe it is that it smells like a fruity pebbles milkshake, which seems to be accurate on it's label now that I look closely but I came to this conclusion after I lit the candle.

IMG-3593.jpg

@QueenMarceline Grrrrr, I get so jealous of people who have an Aldi!  I've heard that their candles are fab.

@CookieGirl1 Now I'm realizing how lucky I am to have an Aldi near work.  My only complaint right now is that I'm waiting for the next batch of candles to be released -- the most recent releases didn't hit the spot.

I bought a 3-wick Vanilla candle from them that I need to try.  Fingers crossed!

@CookieGirl1 Awww, I'm so sorry. Oddly enough I never had any near me (maybe one about 20 miles away?) but now all the sudden 3 popped up all around me what seems like overnight.

@QueenMarceline Three?!  That's awesome!

@greeneyedgirl107 Yeah, it's not so bad but I hate going in stores for whatever reason. I love shopping online hahah.

@QueenMarceline I'm jealous!

@CookieGirl1 Fingers crossed that one pops up near you soon. ๐Ÿ’

@QueenMarceline @greeneyedgirl107 What a great price. I wonder if I can find these where I am. It  must be really nice scent if you both have positive things to say about it ๐Ÿ‘Œ

@Mellmars1185 I was really knocked over by the quality!

@Mellmars1185 It's truly delicious, I'm going to try to pop into ALDI to get a couple more of these tomorrow. Also... this tiny candle lasted me well over 24 hours of total burn time (somewhere around 36 hours)... I'm honestly shooketh.

@QueenMarceline OMG!  I can't believe you posted about this particular candle, b/c I just tried it the other night and am beyond obsessed.  I got mine the other day for .99 at Aldi, and have been itching to get more.  I won't be near an Adli until tomorrow, and who knows if they'll be in stock.  I haven't been this impressed with a candle in years.  I even tried to do BOPIS with Aldi, but they don't seem to do it with candles.  I'm so sad that I'll probably miss out on more of these.

@greeneyedgirl107 Isn't it crazy good for the price? I wonder if mine was also $0.99 because I bought two separate candles and I think the other one may have been $3-4 now that I think of it. I have to go back to grab a couple of these, so so yummy.

@QueenMarceline As you can see, I picked up seven of these.  My main location was sold out, but another location had a ton.  Unfortunately, they were on sale for $1.99 instead of the .99 I paid at the original Aldi's.

thumbnail.jpe

@greeneyedgirl107 OOOOH! I'm jealous. I'm going to do a drop by tomorrow.

28 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • boy smells.jpg
  • yume-no-yume-akinishiki-ahorn_m
  • You-or-Someone-Like-You1-350x435
  • b53ab058-bd22-450d-b43e-541d00a284b0_1.973533df04b593cc0f7a3c20560f6dfe.jpeg
  • classique-produit02-1600x1600_1_1
  • 82390E31-AAEB-4520-BFFF-E178DA53B433.jpeg
  • 5fac14d67f8f4200182a6418.jpeg
  • IMG-2849.jpg
  • Sakura Blossom festival.jpeg
  • IMG-3010.jpg
  • IMG-3027.jpg
  • IMG-3260.jpg
  • IMG-3593.jpg
  • thumbnail.jpe
  • Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 8.59.47 PM.png
testing