cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Home fragrance thread ๐Ÿ•ฏ๏ธ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ 

boy smells.jpg

I've been meaning to post about home fragrance in forever, so here's a thread dedicated to candles, sprays, diffuser blends, incense or however else you are scenting your home ๐Ÿ™‚

My favourite way of scenting my space is to customize my own diffuser blends but I do like a candle now and then. I love the way the Boy Smells candles look but I have to admit I'm not impressed. The throw isn't great and the wick is slanted so that the candle isn't burning evenly! It smells soooo good though โค๏ธ

Re: Home fragrance thread ๐Ÿ•ฏ๏ธ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ 

@QueenMarceline I would have bought more if it was still 99 cents!

@greeneyedgirl107 I will keep you posted. I'm going to head out there in the next couple of hours.

@QueenMarceline good luck!

@greeneyedgirl107 I got them! ๐Ÿ™‚ Picked up about 10 of them at $1.49 each. So a bit more than $0.99 but under the $2. Looks like they're rolling out a new stock of candles as well. Picked up two of the lemon buttercream scented ones as well (I think those will be leaving as well). 

@QueenMarceline so happy you lucked out!  I'm looking forward to seeing the new ones, too.  Will probably pick some up for a care package for my sister. 

@greeneyedgirl107 Honestly... I "nose tested" the new releases and nothing really smelled good to me... which is why I maybe need to pick up more of these while they're still around.

@QueenMarceline I'm disappointed but not surprised.  I mean, it was just too good to be true that they'd keep having scents that I'd drool over.

@greeneyedgirl107 Most of them are very floral, which I usually like but none of them really caught my attention. Unfortunately. I'll try them again next time I go. 

@QueenMarceline I used to love floral but now they are too overpowering for me. I've been sticking to gourmand scents. The garden rain one did catch my eye, tho.  I think I'll try it b/c I have nothing to lose at the price!

@greeneyedgirl107 Oh I don't think I saw that one when I went or it's quite possible my clumsy butt just missed it (that's what happened with the cereal milkshake when I was looking for it LOL, it was on the opposite side of the aisle... oops) ๐Ÿ˜‚

@QueenMarceline I picked up the Garden Rain single wick.  I thought it would be more of a wet meadow scent/clean scent, but it was heavy on the white floral.  I personally don't mind in theory, but know it would be too heavy for me.  I'm going to send the one I got to my sister, but she's not a big fan of florals - even in fragrance.  So, IDK if she'll like it.  I had my husband smell it, and he kinda ruined it for me b/c he said it smelled like a high end soap.  It kinda did.  I'm not complaining, it's just that whenever he describes a scent it dawns on me how he's right -- and usually his explanation of a scent is a way of interpreting it that I don't care for.  Like, when there was a warm baked good smell (to me) in a votive and he sd it smelled like pancake syrup - he was right, and then I couldn't get into it anymore.

Do you know how often Adli's releases new candles?

@greeneyedgirl107 Aww that's such a bummer but I know exactly what you're talking about. My s/o does this for everything, I was once browsing a high end fashion site and saw this gorgeous dress with some purple "feathers" attached to it an before I could even say anything he goes, "Looks like barney and big bird had a baby and someone skinned it to make that dress." Not only did I burst out laughing (because it was true) I literally could not unsee it. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜

Also, I had a weird thing happen to one of my cereal milkshake candles, it started weirdly doing a sparking noise and firing off little bits of wick off the top... the bottom of the candle somehow melted through my plasticy based cover that I keep on my desk. I'm so happy I was in the room while it happened so that I could blow it out immediately and not potentially start a fire. So just a big note to anyone using these candles... once they get low, just blow them out and call it a day. I never had my heart race so quick as when I saw the still lit pieces of wick flying out of the jar like a little mini firework. Not sure what happened there but... it makes me nervous. 

I don't know when/how often they release new scents but I'd be willing to guess its season based since the ones they brought out just scream "SPRING!" at you. Literally. lol.

@QueenMarceline That's very good info about the end of the candle.  I'll have to remember that, as I have a bad habit of leaving candles unattended.  I had a bit of a nuisance with mine.  I loved the scent so much that I wanted to trim the wick and be proactive.  Well, I did on OK job but then a portion of it broke off and it was really low.  But wouldn't you know it - the candle bounced back!

I agree that the candles seem to be seasonal.  I wonder if they do new releases four time a year, or if it's more often than that.  And out of curiosity, do you think they ever repeat candles?

That's funny that your husband makes you "see" things in a different light.  Interesting how women and men interpret things!

@greeneyedgirl107 I leave mine unattended quite a bit, so I was extremely fortunate to have been in the room. I'm glad nothing more serious occurred and I'll definitely have to keep an eye out more often with all candles not just these ones. Definitely a lesson learned.

I truly hope they repeat the candles... The cereal milkshake is so good. I bought like 12 of them last time I went to ALDI but I think I'll tear through them quite quickly.

Hahah, yes. He always ruins all the things I enjoy, specifically if it's something overly expensive and designer. He loves making fun of those things even if I'm just scrolling through Instagram. There was a Moschino easter-themed suit with like a full sized bunny on the suit, that I scrolled past recently and he goes "Scroll back up." Then he says, "The Easter bunny called... he wants his skin back." Then I tell him "It's Moschino." with an eye roll and he responds, "Yeah, I don't even know what that means but... I like this designer because they make ugly clothes on purpose and then super rich people buy them." ๐Ÿ˜‚ I mean... he's not totally wrong.

I've been sticking to mostly tea lights lately because I have an abundance of them but I wanted a cozy feel today so I lit up this ScentWorx candle I got on clearance at Kohls a while ago. It was discounted for $8 but I had Kohls cash which pretty much sliced my order total in half so I got this snag for about $4-5. The scent is "winter apple toddy" and it's really on par with what that smells like. It has a very "winter-y" spruce berry scent mixed in with a sparkling apple-cinnamon hot toddy, I think it's yummy and love the glittery pink apples on the outside of the candle. The throw on this is amazing, when I leave my door open I can faintly smell this all the way in the living room. Truly impressive especially when I've owned $50+ candles that do not perform this well. I'll be keeping an eye out for this company more when I shop at Kohl's and other places in the future.

IMG-3260.jpg

@QueenMarceline Sounds like it smells cozy! Do you have special holders for your tea light? I also have  quite a few I need to use

@Mellmars1185 I do ๐Ÿ™‚ I have one that holds 3 tea lights and another that holds 5.

Ran through my votive and currently burning a "duplicate" of the large candle I forgot to mention previously. I picked this up for ~$7-8 on clearance at a local store. I cannot find much/any information on this brand. This is the second candle I am going through in the same scent. The scent is a pretty accurate description of what to expect-a winter berry type of fragrance. It's a nice scent but probably not something that would have been my first choice if it was not on sale. This candle burns for quite some time, the first one lasted me at least 24 hours of burn time (added up), it's on par or maybe a bit shorter lasting than the double-wick candle large tumblr jars from Yankee Candle. The throw is decent but nothing too impressive or extraordinary. I'd try these candles in different scents, but only on clearance ๐Ÿ˜œ

IMG-3027.jpg

Totally forgot to mention the large sized candle I just got through, but I believe I have another full one that I will light up soon so I'll likely be back to update. It was my "name day" (something celebrated where I am from) a few days back and my dear friend sent me a gorgeous gift that included some beautiful votive candle holders. I decided to light up an "out of season" little votive I had: the Pumpkin Cupcake scent by Yankee Candle. I like this scent although I must say when I ordered it a while back I was expecting something a bit sweeter and similar to their absolutely delicious and one of my absolute fall Yankee Candle favorites, the Pumpkin Buttercream scent. Alas, this is quite "spicy" for something labeled as a pumpkin cupcake, I love baking (which is probably why I love dessert-focused candles so much) and I've made pumpkin cupcakes many times. This is not how they smell like, however the scent is still good. Throw is beautiful, even for a votive which is pretty on par for Yankee Candle scents.

IMG-3010.jpg

Currently trying out this new Sakura Blossom Festival Scenterpiece wax melt by Yankee Candle. This appears to be a part of the new fragrance from their 2022 Winter Collection. I love Scenterpiece Wax Melts because of how convenient they are, they come in the cup and require no scrubbing. When the scent goes out, you simply turn off your wax warmer Scenterpiece and allow the wax to solidify in the cup again-then toss it out. You get quite a bit of fragrance from these as well, I'd say I burn mine for 24-48 hours (put together from spaced out uses) and the more powerful scents still pack a punch all through the very end. I'd describe this scent as very accurate to name: it's a very nice cherry blossom floral scent with almost a bit of an added "creaminess". Fills up the entire room without being too fragrant or intense to sensitive noses. I'd love to try out the Sweet Plum Sake next ๐Ÿ™‚

IMG-2849.jpg

Sakura Blossom festival.jpeg

Ooooo @QueenMarceline those wax melts look and sound really interesting. Where did you find them? I've been burning candles, but sometimes I like to use my wax burners (really need to use them more). All the wax melts I have on hand are mostly holiday scents with pine or fir. I'd like to find something different.

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • boy smells.jpg
  • yume-no-yume-akinishiki-ahorn_m
  • You-or-Someone-Like-You1-350x435
  • b53ab058-bd22-450d-b43e-541d00a284b0_1.973533df04b593cc0f7a3c20560f6dfe.jpeg
  • classique-produit02-1600x1600_1_1
  • 82390E31-AAEB-4520-BFFF-E178DA53B433.jpeg
  • 5fac14d67f8f4200182a6418.jpeg
  • IMG-2849.jpg
  • Sakura Blossom festival.jpeg
  • IMG-3010.jpg
  • IMG-3027.jpg
  • IMG-3260.jpg
  • IMG-3593.jpg
  • thumbnail.jpe
  • Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 8.59.47 PM.png
testing