cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Home fragrance thread ๐Ÿ•ฏ๏ธ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ 

boy smells.jpg

I've been meaning to post about home fragrance in forever, so here's a thread dedicated to candles, sprays, diffuser blends, incense or however else you are scenting your home ๐Ÿ™‚

My favourite way of scenting my space is to customize my own diffuser blends but I do like a candle now and then. I love the way the Boy Smells candles look but I have to admit I'm not impressed. The throw isn't great and the wick is slanted so that the candle isn't burning evenly! It smells soooo good though โค๏ธ

Re: Home fragrance thread ๐Ÿ•ฏ๏ธ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ 

Alright guys, I need help. Im getting so frustrated with diptyque candles. All of them tunnel, regardless of low long I let the candle burn! Yesterday I let the one burn for FIVE HOURS and it still didnโ€™t fully melt the top layer. Does anyone have any suggestions??

My cheap bath & body works candles are way better and never have this issue. Itโ€™s kind of embarassing for the brand when a product which costs 1/4 of the price is WAYYY better for burning and scent. Ugh.

@sabrinas I just save any half-candles I have from my favorite scents since I tend to buy the same brands/scents fairly frequently and then when the drawer gets full I just melt them down together to remake the candle. A little inconvenient, to be sure, but 100 wicks costs like $7 on amazon (I've barley made a dent in two years) and you can put them in containers that are less likely to promote tunneling. You just keep your stove on "warm"/the lowest setting they'll turn to liquid in 1/2 hour or so and you don't really need to watch it, just pour it into the new jar around a new wick and find something (like a pencil) to steady it against so it doesn't tip into the side

@sabrinasThat's frustrating! If you google for dipyque tunneling, you'll find some tips to help you correct your candle. There are some YouTube videos too. GOod luck!

A friend sent me some incense coils from Nippon Kodo in "aki nishiki" which means something about fall. It's a pleasant, spicy-sweet scent with a hit of creamy vanilla. I've never burned coils before but they seem to release more smoke. 30 minute burn. Very affordable too!

yume-no-yume-akinishiki-ahorn_m

@pocketvenus This is a kind of a joke question but not entirely -- how many candles do you think it would take to get your office to smell like an anthropologie?

I've been look for a way to scent my office.  I just bought a small volupspa diffuser in Mokara, and now I'm regretting my choice.  It smelled great in the store but in my office it smells like a public bathroom.  It has that generic floral scent to it. 

I'm thinking of getting another diffuser to kind of layer over the Mokara and hoping it will have that anthropologie vibe to it.

Any suggestions on how to get my office to smell like an anthropolgie?!

@itscarin 

I'm not sure if it's true or rumor, but I've heard Anthropologie uses Capri Blue to scent the stores ๐Ÿ˜

@RGbrownWhich one though?  Volcano or Aloha Orchid?  I can't tell.  I feel like Anthropologie is a symphony (maybe a cacophony?) of scents.  It's almost like a Lush.  Do you have any voluspa favorites?  I'm trying to see if I *need* anything since anthro is doing 20% off.  With some of the Capri Blue stuff I feel like I can wait for ulta to do their 20% off post-21-days-sale. 

@itscarin, it's Volcano ๐Ÿ™‚

Voluspa introduces new scents and designs to the point where I feel I cannot keep up! But you can always try to pick notes that seem to compliment each other.

Also, it's more pricey but if you want a candle with a bit of everything, there's the 34 candle by Diptyque which is a combo of woods, florals and spice and is supposed to evoke the experience of walking into a Diptyque boutique.

@pocketvenusI've never walked into a dipytique before so I have no idea what that smells like.  Sounds promising!  I'm not sure my office is nice enough to justify a $180 diffuser though.  LOL

@itscarinyes, it's pretty expensive for a "cacophony" ๐Ÿ˜„

@itscarin 

Since you've already got floral going with the diffuser, I'd say grab Volcano if you're trying to work up to cacophony, since Aloha Orchid is another floral ๐Ÿ˜ 

I've never smelled any Voluspa, so I'm of limited assistance there ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

@itscarin, I can def confirm what @RGbrown says since my Anthro is always burning a candle right by the door. I'm not sure if it's Capri Blue at my location but different internet articles say it's most common. Apparently Target's cleaning products called Smartly are a dupe for the scent too so maybe that could be a lighter option?

I don't care for candles. But I love my essential oil diffusers, and my essential oils. I have single oils that I either mix or use alone, and different oil blends, too. Honestly, usually I only remember to use my diffusers/oils during the fall/winter, though, when I use them mostly for their particular "health" benefits. Like thieves oil, for example. And I just happen to loooove the scent, too. But, I try to remember to use the rest of them, as well. 

@lyravega - I agree, we keep Thieves air spray in our bathrooms, the one with cinnamon & clove oil.

@lyravega, I've never heard of thieves oil - sounds really good, I'm going to try to mix some!

I love the lore of thieves oil and I may join you in making it, just for fun.

I am so ready for spring so right now Iโ€™m loving the White Barn Fresh cut lilacs candle from bath and body works!

Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • boy smells.jpg
  • yume-no-yume-akinishiki-ahorn_m
  • You-or-Someone-Like-You1-350x435
  • b53ab058-bd22-450d-b43e-541d00a284b0_1.973533df04b593cc0f7a3c20560f6dfe.jpeg
  • classique-produit02-1600x1600_1_1
  • 82390E31-AAEB-4520-BFFF-E178DA53B433.jpeg
  • 5fac14d67f8f4200182a6418.jpeg
  • IMG-2849.jpg
  • Sakura Blossom festival.jpeg
  • IMG-3010.jpg
  • IMG-3027.jpg
  • IMG-3260.jpg
  • IMG-3593.jpg
  • thumbnail.jpe
  • Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 8.59.47 PM.png
testing