Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Skincare and makeup

Hello guys, i really wanted to ask you a question about the skincare. I've recently purchased skincare from ordinary like caffeine serum for the dark circles and a new barrier serum which is pink color and a rosehip seed oil and also a serum for my acnes. Is it worth it please tell and also would like to ask more about the makeup products which is best for dry skin and gives a dewy look. 😊💝

Re: Skincare and makeup

Hi @palu0212 ( Thank you for the tag @JoSometimes )

Glow Recipie is a great brand, especially if you are looking for dewy glowing skin.

Do you have any skin concerns other than dryness and acne?

Glow Recipe Mini Watermelon Pink Juice Oil-Free Moisturizer 0.85 oz/ 25 mL 

Glow Recipe Mini Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops 0.5 oz / 15 mL 

This lightweight daytime moisturizer paired with the dew drops can really give you a nice glow.

For my dry skin I  make sure my skin is still damp from washing when I apply my serums/moisturizer. After I wash I pat my skin dry instead of using a towel, so I don't loose any of that great moisture. 

If your trying new products I'd suggest only adding one item at a time and a few days apart at least. that way if it triggers your acne or you have a reaction to it, you'll know what product is the cause. 

Thank you so much for suggesting.♥️♥️

Hi @palu0212! The Ordinary is great brand if you want value for money or bang for buck! They’re affordable, no-nonsense, and work great! The Inkey List is another similar brand with similar price points. 

For dry skin, check out The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Hydrating Serum i or The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL. Hyaluronic acid is great at drawing moisturizer back into your skin to help it feel hydrated and fresh again. For moisturizer, you could try The Ordinary Mini Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA 1 oz/ 30 mL.

If you’re willing to check out other brands, look into Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops Serum. I have a sensitivity to niacinamide, so I have to tread carefully with that ingredient but I’m one of the tiny minority this. I know quite a few people on here and in real life who LOVE this serum. 

Thank you so much 

@palu0212  Since we're not "skin twins", I won't suggest any products specifically. However, The Ordinary is generally considered to be very good value for money. I've purchased their products myself. So that makes the line a great place to start discovering what works well for your skin. Be sure to read the How To Use page for the products, so that you know in what order to use them and what precautions to take (for instance, I didn't know I needed to wear sunscreen if I used a retinol product, and fried my skin).

I'll let someone else suggest products for dry skin. @JoSometimes maybe you could offer some insight?

Thank you so much considering ☺️ 

Thanks for the tag @Westcoasty! Tagging @CynthieLu too since were almost skincare-twinsies. 

@JoSometimes lol pretty close 😂😂 

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 24 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing