Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

missing samples

My last 2 orders have been missing samples again. I totally understand they’re free samples and are probably based on availability but it’s a bit upsetting when my orders are $2-300 every time. 

Re: missing samples

I just received my package today and my samples were missing too. I know it’s not much but I was really looking forward to them and I’m disappointed ☹️ 

@hayleym12345 sorry to hear that. I'm sending you a PM!

All my samples were missing 😢

@yuki555 I will send you a PM. 

This also happens to me. I purposely bought more products so I could get a set of samples but I was so disappointed with what I got since there were some items that were missing even though they were listed in the description. 

Several of my samples were missing, 1 was substituted and the one that was actually one I wanted was empty 😞 

@strglbs I'm sorry to hear that! I will send you a PM. 

Same! Just received my order today to find out that none of my samples were included ☹️ Kinda gets annoying time after time

@aagathaa Sorry to hear about this! I'm sending you a PM. 

I don't order very often but when I do, I take forever to pick my free samples.  I carefully examine each option and research the available products to see which one I might like the best.  I'm so excited when I receive my package and the samples are the first thing I open.  I was super disappointed to find my samples weren't included in my order today.  

Hi @Dabis Sorry to hear about your samples! I am sending you a PM. 

My order came in today, with out any samples at all. Sometimes they replace the ones I requested with different ones.

I've had several incidents were I did not get any samples at all. Once a customer service rep made sure to send them in the next order, and other times they added bonus points. The last time I called the rep told me "its a privilege to get the samples and you are not entitled to them". I don't see any wording to that effect on the website. I suspect the rep was just in a bad mood.

Before we could chat online, and now I need to make time to phone. Sephora is also inconsistent about including the packing slips. 

@Eartha27 sorry to hear that! I'm sending you a PM to further assist. 

I just had this problem for the first time: My package arrived this afternoon, and my main items were there, but the samples were missing.

I understand that the samples we receive are dependent upon availability, but I really look forward to these as part of any Sephora order, and would have been appreciated two alternative samples. I'm hoping a customer service representative will message me, as they seem to be active in this thread.

I hope this is not indicative of a wider problem in Sephora's system.

Hi @espagne,

I'm sorry about this! I'll send you a message shortly.

Best regards,

Laurie 

I just got my 2nd order today, and didn’t get any of the requested samples.  This year alone I spent over 1k. I really wanted to try out those products. It was bad enough that you had to choose between the discount promo and other sample promos 

@tia12 I'm sorry to hear that! I will send you a PM. 

It definitely feels like bait and switch. It’s hard to believe that such a well established company has no control over their inventory system. It’s happened several times to me as well. It appears they just toss in whatever they want irrelevant to anything that I’ve requested and that’s just wasteful. Surely someone wants the face oil they keep sending me, because I do not.

I’ve recently made purchases for things that I don’t really need in order to get particular samples, only to be disappointed. Don’t offer incentives you can’t deliver! Samples are offered so people order products from Sephora that are readily available elsewhere. It’s a business strategy, but only a good one if well executed. If samples are actually random, then post that so people aren’t disappointed.

Also, weary of us December bday folks getting screwed. There’s either zero choice remaining or nothing left at all. Surely there’s a better more fair system. 

The same thing happened to me. I got my package last night. I specifically ordered because of the samples and none of them came in lol super annoying 

Hi @hiimangelina I'm so sorry to hear that! I'll send you a PM.

Conversation Stats
testing