Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

I'm insulting the be labeled a "ROOKIE."

I'm VIB Rouge and spend lots of money at Sephora every year.  I am insulted by this new "Rookie" label that Sephora has slapped on my profile.  It's insulting and demeaning and frankly inappropriate.

In addition, lately Sephora has had terrible customer service.  I order items and receive empty shipping boxes with only samples.

The samples are a joke too, why even bother asking us when they send us random junk that I just throw in the trash.  Nordstrom asks what I want and ALWAYS sends me the exact sample I choose unlike Sephora who NEVER sends the sample I pick.

When I complained to Sephora about not getting the item (no longer available) that I paid for and ordered and received an empty shipping box, I was promised a return phone call from someone named "Dan Dan." You guessed it, she NEVER CALLED ME BACK.

Now, I'm a "Rookie" and shame on you Sephora for judging your long time customers with stupid labels.  Your web site is down more than it's up and now I'm no longer a valued customer, as I'm a "ROOKIE."

Sephora, you are nothing to me.  I will take my 1K $ plus that I shop at your store and go to Nordstrom where I'm valued, not labeled a "Rookie," and I actually get the samples I pick out.

Re: RE: Re: I'm insulting the be labeled a \"ROOKIE.\"

I'm sure with your respectful tone and calm demeanour, they'll get right on that for you. 

Anonymous Insider

Right! Sheesh! I honestly didn’t think the “rookie” label was disrespectful or childish. To each their own I guess 🤷🏼‍♀️

The "Rookie" label is a major misstep by the Sephora marketing team.  As in all situations, some will not be offended nor care.  I however do care and spend a lot of money online with Sephora, mainly as a professional woman I don't have the time nor inclination to chat like a Millennial youtuber.  I'm busy and just want to order online for ease.  I've worked too hard to be called a Rookie, especially when I'm trying to take a few minutes off to shop online and enjoy a brief moment of shopping.  

It's regretful that you mistake my tone for anything other than business like.  This is a huge multimillion dollar company and I take their breakdown in customer service and misstep in marketing to be very serious.  

Neat fact, @MidnightDreamer: unless you were born before 1980 you're tehnically still considered a Millennial. 

And actually, I'm also a "professional woman" (as you do eloquently called yourself) who also happens like to hang out in a beauty forum in my spare time. Don't call me a "millennial YouTuber" just because I like to chat about makeup (among many other hobbies). 🙂

@MidnightDreamer

Why get so butthurt over the labels Sephora chooses to use? They are seemingly catering to the millennials you don't want to associate with, so it's now your choice to either continue supporting them as a company or to find another place to do business.

Many folks here hate the changes to the forums; if you had chosen to participate a bit and poke around, you'd see that there have been many complaints about BIC. But Sephora is pushing forward, like it or not. And if you had chosen to participate, you would see that there are many non-millenial folks here capable of holding intelligent conversations. But you are too busy for that...so it begs the question, why do you have time to rant over and over again about a stupid label?  

Join the community, or move on. Sephora doesn't care about your feedback...they have way more important issues to fix that they've ignored as well, so one person ranting about being called a rookie isn't going to make a difference, I can promise you that.

@RGbrown EXACTLY! 👏 i mean,you said it all...nothing left to say about this post bc literally your comment is what it is.period. great comment love! ❤

173 Replies
testing