cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Customer Support
|

Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

BI Appreciation Image.png

We are updating the Beauty Insider program with exciting changes to benefits, which you can learn more about here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/Beauty-Insider-Program-Updates-FAQS/td-p/4114842

In celebration of our Beauty Insider members, we are offering exclusive access to this year’s Beauty Insider Appreciation Event. Here's the breakdown:

Rouge, you shop the event early beginning Fri 8/24. This means you get 20% off on the hottest beauty products before anyone else. You can continue to shop the entire event through Monday 9/3.

VIB and Insiders get to shop, too! Starting Thursday 8/30, VIB will receive 15% off and Insiders will receive 10% off your purchase.

You can use your discount one time online or as many times as you want in-store. Check your email to get your code!

Want more details? Check out our FAQs:

What is the Beauty Insider Appreciation Event?

This is a special event to celebrate our Beauty Insiders and the recent changes to the Beauty Insider program. This promo is a great excuse to splurge, restock favorites, and start stocking up on fall newness.

What’s the offer?

Rouge gets 20% off, VIB gets 15% off and Insiders save 10%. Plus, Rouge (we see you!) gets to shop early before VIB and Insider.

What if I like to order online?

That’s cool. You can redeem the offer on both US and CA sites. Please note that online orders are one time use however you are welcome to shop as frequently as you’d like in-store.

Can I redeem the offer more than once?

Online you may redeem the offer one time but if you forget something the first time around, don’t even stress. The offer can be used as many times as you want in-store.

What’s my code to shop?

You can shop one time online with your code below based on your tier:

Rouge: YESROUGE

VIB: YESVIB

Insider: YESINSIDER

You can also bring your barcode into store to use as many times as you want. Check your email to get your store barcode!

Dates, please?

Rouge: Fri 8/24 - Mon 9/3

VIB and Insider: Thurs 8/30 – Mon 9/3

Wait, why are the dates split?

As a benefit of our top tier of membership, Rouge gets to shop the event early.

Is this offer available in Canada?

Yes! Some Canada stores may be closed on Mon 9/3 for Labor Day so be sure to call your store for holiday hours and closures.

What about Sephora inside JCPenney?

The offer is valid in Sephora inside JCPenney stores however, the offer is not valid on jcp.com.

Are there any exclusions?

In one word, yes. In lots of words: The offer cannot be applied to previous purchases, gift cards, Flash shipping or PLAY! by Sephora subscriptions, or combined with any other promotional offers. Not valid on purchases of Dyson, customizable sets online or through Sephora’s Customer Service. Clients are limited to three Drunk Elephant-branded items per transaction and three Tatcha-branded items per transaction. Merchandise quantities may be limited, see store for details.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

2018 Order Status: Unsuccessful Authorization Order

I have ordered last August 31,2018 but until today, September 5 the order is still at the status of unsuccessful order. It is said that it will be delivered by September 11 and I need it before then since this is a gift for my sister who's leaving the country. 

I need help to verify the status of my order.

Hi @Anonymous,

I am sorry to hear this! I will send you a PM for further assistance. 

Best,

Zakiya

Will there be the regular November VIB SALE this year? 

RE: Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

Once Ulta can start getting some of the brands that only Sephora has, it’s game over. Ridiculous to only allow the code one time.

I know I’m very late to the conversation but I had noooooo idea it was a one time thing!!I have been kicking myself for missing a couple events because my hubby “cleaned out” my email for me now he isnot quite so much in the dog house!

Re: RE: Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

Hi @cinderchella,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience. I understand how disappointing this can be. I will send you a PM to assist you shortly. 

Best,
Rebecca 

Hey there. I’m waaaayyy later joining the post though a I’ve been a huge fan for well over a decade and a Play! subscriber since around October 2017.

Hmmm. I absolutely would have gone to the store in-person had I known I could use my 15% discount multiple times there versus once online. Though this sounds dramatic, I agonized over which products to purchase within my budget because I thought I only could use my 15% savings once for one order.

i know I read the card and noted its expiration date, but do not recall reading any difference in how often I could use it in-person at the store versus just once online.

Please make these options and the difference more clear. I’d really appreciate it. There are so, so many products I want to try, and wait for these opportunities to be able to do so. While I realize it’s good news for the future, I can’t help but feel pretty disappointed — especially since now that the majority of the time 98% of the “available” rewards are sold out...consistently. And can only choose 2 versus 3 samples per order now, which are generally perfume or skin products. 

Sigh. Struggling to decide if I’ll continue with the Play! because it also is predominantly 1-2 skin products, a red or nude lip product, a hair product and...perfume. Regarding the latter, it has been my experience that fragrance is a very personal and long-term   choice, which makes that many samples useless. Where are all the cool, different makeup products that I was hoping to try?! Samples that are outside-the-box, or at least my box, to promote their sale, sure, but also to have fun experimenting....

Thanks for reading this reply....

TjLk 

Beauty Insider Appreciation Event 2018

Many items I wanted were out of stock. Sephora should allow us to purchase with items on backorder and not just an email.

Especially when they were magically back in stock the day after the sale ended!

Same. Pretty frustrating.

They have way too much product to allow backorders. Then things would never be in stock and there would be way too many issues around this. Things can be out of stock for weeks/months, imagine if they had backorders on top of that? Thats just not realistic in my opinion.

Same here @CLemur  I waited until last night to place my order in the hopes that some of the stuff I wanted would come back in stock but it never did.  

3rd year Rouge and was super disappointed about using the 20% one time online. Heck, my “local” Sephora is 1.5 hours away and it’s a JCP Sephora so they don’t have everything. I wished I lived by Sephora on Las Vegas Blvd or something but I don’t. Sick of these so-called Promotional deals that just benefit Sephora and not the people that spend $1k per year at SEPHORA!!!!!

I agree, it sucks that it can only be used once. I get th...

I agree, it sucks that it can only be used once. I get that they need to limit it somehow - I imagine some people end up making a bunch of orders over the course of the sale week. But limiting it to just ONCE doesn't feel fair, especially because new products and sets were released over the course of the week, after I had already made my order. Also products went on sale after I'd made my order - in Canada, the viseart palette sale started part way through the week. Can't have it all I guess... But realistically I probably end up saving money this way, so jokes on them.

I just ordered some products from the Beauty Insider sale and just realized that there was no place to put in the VIB code. Is there any way I can get that 15 percent off?

Hi @divaknits,

I will send you a PM for further assistance. 

Best,

Zakiya

There is always a place to enter the promo code when you go to your cart

Was the one time one-line use rule, to avoid shipping delays? I ordered online Saturday, the other item I want is online only, can I edit or add this to my previous order???

I'm not sure if this would work, but if you have a store...

I'm not sure if this would work, but if you have a store near you, I heard that you can ask them at the store to order an item to the store. A lot of hassle though.. it really sucks they only let us use it once online.

I used the code early on in the Rouge sale but have since found six more items I wanted to buy. I made the 1 hour trek to the store, was forced to wait around for over half an hour before a sales associate would help me out (though they helped people who skipped the sign-up list- I talked to one and she wasn't even VIB, let alone Rogue), and the store had just ONE thing on my list. I walked out rather than wait in the long line to buy just one item on my list. Super disappointed in Sephora and how they treat their highest-paying customers. Let us use the code again, we want to spend our money with you! 

testing