Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Curls & Coils

Best curly products for transiitoning hair

Hi girls! I am currently transiitoning gron relaxed to natural, and would like to know whats the best product for my 3c hair type. 

Thank you!!!

Tags:

Re: Best curly products for transiitoning hair

scissors..... transitioning is hard. I did the big chop and while I miss my hair, it was an easier transition than trying to figure out products to use. 

If you're not at scissors yet, remember a couple helpful things: 

- stop using heat on your hair- or you'll basically be transitioning for 5 years. 

- use shampoo... I know people love this whole idea of co-washing, but it's not really cleaning your hair. 

- protective styling is your friend. Try twist outs, wigs, coils, braids. 

- Moisturize your hair- often... especially where the perm meets the natural. That is the weakest point. Invest in oils that work in your hair. I like Aragon the best. 

- keep trimming... regularly. It will help it grow faster. 

-careful with your edges. That bun seems super easy, but the act of pulling your hair up and back will cause tension on your edges and this transitioning state is already enough trauma. 

Good Luck! 

RE: Best curly products for transiitoning hair

You need to start cowashing! Just rinsing with conditioner and scrub scrub scrubbing your scalp. You may have to get those relaxed ends cut off down the line if you feel comfortable. https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/kinky-hair-type-4a/top-10-transitioning-tips/

RE: Best curly products for transiitoning hair

Didn't realize I couldn't direct link. But hope that helps. That website is a wealth of knowledge!
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing