Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Combination Skin
|

Combination Skin

I have an oily T zone, very dry cheeks. Very oily on my eye lids as well. When I try to put on eyeliner, I have very hooded eyes, so I will put on eyeliner it will be good for about an hour and then it will start to see it smear or create lines at the top of my eyelid. I've tried to prime my eyelids and set it, and it will only last a little longer but it still smears. I have tried waterproof eyeliner and regular eyeliner. I don't know what to do...

Re: Combination Skin

I have the same problems, oily t-zone, oily lids and hooded eyes.  The only eyeliner that works for me is the Stila stay all day liquid eyeliner.  It does what it says and I don't get the smearing under my eyes anymore.  

I have the same problem with my eyelids. I am using Bobbi Brown long wear gel eyeliner and it last about 6 hours on my eyelids. The only problem is that the eyeliner itself drys up really quickly. 

What brand of eyeliner are you using??

Hi! I have oily lids too. Sometimes I'll set the eye with RCMA powder or any translucent powder. I'll even bake for a little bit just to make it really smooth and matte.

Have you tried using urban Decay eyeshadow primer with the Kat Von D eyeliner? 

I had this same problem, I still haven't 100% found a solution. I did find that setting the liquid eyeliner with a shadow helped. 

RE: Combination Skin

I'm the exact same way. I use the NYX Proof It! Eyeshadow Primer and the Stilla Liquid Eyeliner and it says on all day!

I personally don't have this problem but have you tried using an eyeshadow primer, setting it with translucent powder and after the liquid eyeliner application, setting it with a spray? It sounds like overkill but it might just work!

I will go ahead and give it a try. Thank you 

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing