Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

A thread dedicated to Wayne Goss brushes and cosmetics line. His goal is to produce a high quality cosmetics line that feels, looks, and performs amazing and made to his specifications. Products will roll out over time.

Image6454605985766247046.jpg

Image2566118375505703197.jpg

Re: Wayne Goss Thread | Brushes and Cosmetics

@WinglessOne, I, too, was surprised at how large it was! I added comparitors to the post above. Wayne has only made one brush that is that large (original brush 17) but E1 has much more flexibility. Look forward to hearing your thoughts when your brushes arrive. My first impression of the F5 brush: ecstatic! His original 14 brush is a beloved brush of mine, so I hope the F5 performs as designed.

Love the comparisons @TraceyEB !  Rethinking on passing F1/F5 though.

@danielledanielle, the F1 and F5 are looking pretty unique in design and I suspect the F5 is unique in what it does. Just posted my first thoughts about them and the brushes that I have for comparisons.

Oh no doubt @TraceyEB .   Your initial pic had me waffling on my decision not to get them.  Especially with F5 still being available.  But, seeing your newer pic\comparisons, I actually feel solid on not getting F5.  I was always curious about the WG holiday brushes I missed, with 2017 coming out before I really got into brush buying.  I don't go for that shape for blush because I apply blush more in a C-shape and oddly enough Rephr's 30 is pretty good on dispersing blushes that usually look like bruises on me.  The closest I have to F5 would be Sonia G's Soft cheek, which I don't use for blush and Sephora's Featherweight 83, which I prefer for highlight.   F1, though....  Different story.  The density surprised me, and now I am regretting not getting it 😂.  Onto the wishlist it goes!

@danielledanielle, the description that I read for the Sephora Featherweight 93 - "the bristles are long and flexible, which allows it to deposit a light application of product" - could be written for Wayne's F5, so it sounds like you have a similar brush already. Love that you can use the rephr 30 brush for pigmented blush! I just tried the face brushes today after washing them and the F1 was my favourite. It's wide enough to apply bronzer all over my face in nearly one pass and the slant facilitates seamless movement around the contours of the face, which helps with application and blending. It's as lovely as you see in Wayne's video. Glad it's on your waitlist!

Beautylish is experiencing a slight delay in receiving their Wayne Goss First Edition brush inventory. They expect it to arrive at their Fulfillment Center on Nov 6 and will ship as soon as possible. They also gave me a $10 courtesy credit against my next order.

I took a look at my current brushes. Wayne’s previous brushes feel very similar in texture to Rephyr’s to me (the face brushes.)

I canceled my order going to rethink it. My credit was immediately reapplied to my account.

@Ispend2much6, it's okay to change your mind; you have to feel good about your purchase! Glad to hear Beautylish's Customer Service quickly credited your account. I never got into Rephr face brushes. I like the 17 flat head brush for cream and powder blush/highlighters and the 04 angled brush that I use for travel but had a fan and powder brush that I never reached for, so gave to a friend's daughter who was getting into makeup. I have a mix of their basic brushes 01, 02, 03, 12, 14, 21, 28 and more uniquely shaped brushes (to me) like the 23 micro pencil, the 33 arrow head (my favourite), and the 34 wispy eyeliner brush. I have the angled 32 brush but I find it too stiff. I'm a big fan of one style of their modular components that perfectly stores my CT and TF eyeshadow quads and TF blush compacts and I love their new eyelash curler.

I totally agree with you about their lash curler! @TraceyEB 

@Ispend2much6, it is replacing a very old but perfectly shaped (for my eyes) Bobbi Brown eyelash curler! My very first one. I forgot two brushes that I have and liked, so updated my note to you above. 🙂

@Ispend2much6, that was probably the for the best and most economical choice 🤣.  I'm hoping the brushes are somewhat softer.  I like rephr's brushes, but I don't love most of them with the exception of the highlighter brush and I think the 24 brush.

@danielledanielle   Those gift cards are burning a hole in my monitor!😂  I do think Rephyr's eye brushes are a little scratchy though.

@Ispend2much6  Yeah, rephr uses a mix of sokoho and saikoho goat hair (plus synthetic hair in some brushes), so that’s not surprising. Rephr is having a major sale right now on all their brushes (except the saibikoho cheek, which was already $100 off), so if there’s one you think is similar to a new WG brush, that’d be the better option price wise. 🙂 Good to know Beautylish is quick to process cancellations! (I’ve never cancelled an order with them before.) 

@WinglessOne  Thanks!  I do NEED to get one of the pointy eye brushes though.

The sale is live!  I went with E2, F2, F5.

@Ispend2much6, great choices!!

@Ispend2much6  I ordered F5, E2, and E6. Since I had some new store credit*, I almost bought the E1 too—but reminded myself I already have too many cheek brushes. 😄 Something tells me that brush will end up in my collection at some point. 

I wasn’t going to buy the E6 but decided it’d be good to have another tiny brush in that shape. I have Wayne’s 08 brush and will compare it to the E6 once it arrives. 

*I wish Beautylish would let us decide when to use our gift cards (earned during their GC event) as credit, rather than automatically apply ‘em to the next order. I’d planned to use mine toward a lucky bag; that was before this WG launch was announced. Eh, if these brushes hadn’t caught me, I’m sure Beautylish’s November sale would’ve. That sale’s the reason I’ve never had gift cards left to use on lucky bags. 😅 

@WinglessOne  I noticed that.  Beautylish used to send an email with a code for the credit. 

I hope the E2 will be as wonderful as I hope.  I have such trouble applying my crease, especially on my left eye. lol  Maybe this is my saving grace.

The E6 definitely "caught my eye," mostly to use as an eyebrow brush for applying tint. I'm looking forward to your reviews!

Oooh @Ispend2much6 .  I stuck with my guns (E2&3, F4 and e6).  F1 almost snuck in, but I resisted 🤣

@danielledanielle, great choices! I can't wait to try the foundation brush!

@danielledanielle  Way to stay strong! 💪

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos302
  • Image6454605985766247046.jpg
  • Image2566118375505703197.jpg
  • WG 2018 Holiday Brush Restock.jpg
  • Image1524406843423150538.jpg
  • Image9173403390433619740.jpg
  • 548588AC-C8C0-46D5-B220-52A16F16E8A7.jpeg
  • 87242967-AD52-4362-BF54-563C445710BE.jpeg