cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

Re: THE FENTY BEAUTY THREAD

@itsfi So I ALMOST bought the Tarte primer after putting in my cart but I found out that the Eaze drops are water based and the primer is silicone based. This means they won’t work well together correct? I will be visiting my local store within a week a so and see what they recommend. THANK YOU for ALL your help and recommendations! MANY HEARTS sent your way!

@itsfi @WOW! Thank you so so much for all of your recommendations! I have pretty much normal skin right now. It’s only a bit oily in the t-zone area. I’m probably going to go with the tarte primer because I tried it when I was much younger, and I don’t believe my skin reacted badly to it. 

as far as the settings spray goes, I try to go, cruelty free now whenever possible, But do you feel as though Charlotte Tilbury is really worth it? I do use a few products that aren’t cruelty free  because one is my ride or die face mask and another because my face is so sensitive to sunscreens! 

Has anyone here found a brush that doesn’t soak up most of the  Eaze drops or is fingers still the best application for most? Right now, I have offbrand sponges. Would I really notice a difference if I were to buy a Beauty Blender? It’s been so long since I’ve used one. I’ve just been able to find offbrand sponges for super cheap. 

@AmyC, I’m not 100% sure whether Charlotte Tilbury is cruelty free. There’s been varying accounts. Based on what I’ve read, my understanding is that they state they are “Leaping Bunny approved by Cruelty Free International”. It seems that they are able to sell in China without having to go through that country’s requirements which includes testing procedures involving animals. I’m not entirely sure on how they do that - one of the articles I found made some comment about it but I haven’t delved into it enough to confirm. Their parent company, Puig, however is not cruelty free. 

CRUELTY FREE SETTING SPRAYS

That said, there are other setting sprays that are cruelty free that are worth checking out - 

The following have mini versions that are under $25 -

No mini version, and over $25, but this one is also cruelty free - Hourglass Veil™ Setting Spray 4.05 oz/ 120 mL 

APPLICATION

I apply skin tints with my fingers, brushes as well as sponges. Most of the time, I use my fingers as it’s just easier and the coverage I get is fine with me. I’ve recently started using brushes again and that’s been nice. I use the Sigma F80 Kabuki brush. 

I hear ya on brushes and sponges soaking up a lot of product. We pay enough money for the products and we want to get as much out of it as possible, right?! But if you are looking at beauty sponges, whatever works best for your skin and budget is the best way to go as I see it, be it a more affordable generic brand or a brand name that may cost a pretty penny. I have and use beautyblenders as well as ones I’ve picked up at Target - Sonia Kashuk makes some very good ones. I believe they are cruelty free. My favorites are from Beauty Bakerie, an indie brand that has since closed their business. 

@AmyC, seconding that eaze drop is best with fingers.  It gets eaten up way too quickly with anything else and I found that if I tried to build it with a brush, it would get patchy.  It also blends nicely when you apply it with your hands.

So yes, with water + silicone, there can be separation (or piling) if you're using a silicone primer with a water based base (foundation, concealer etc etc) just because the silicone is kind of like a barrier to help reduce oil.  The opposite can be true as well (water primer with silicone base), BUT, sometimes you can navigate around that by giving the primer enough time to absorb or sit on your skin.  Also, when you go in with you base  think tap vs rub to reduce piling, although that's not always a guarantee, just find it helps it to be less.

IMG_5473.png

Can anyone help me with these hot cheeks shades? They look SO similar! I am thinking I just need one MAYBE two. Even after watching YouTube reviews it is so hard! I am fair skinned. How did you decide? Can’t get to a store right now unfortunately.

@AmyC, I swatched 2/3 in store and they ARE pretty similar because they are , I think, made for a light, medium and deep tone .

My swatches are in The Deeper Hues Thread (Swatches, Color Matching, etc.) and I'm medium tone for reference

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Hot Cheeks Velour Blushlighter Juicy PeachI think it's medium

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Hot Cheeks Velour Blushlighter Bak'D Peachis deep

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Hot Cheeks Velour Blushlighter Fresh Peachis light

You could still wear whichever, it's just one may "pop" more than the other

Oooh, tinted moisturizer on the way

1000004508.png

Fenty Skin Hydra Vizor Huez Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum Mineral Spf 30 Sunscreen 1 (link not yet active)

Man, when Fenty drops, it POURS

1000000964.png

1000000965.png

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna We're Even Hydrating Longwear Waterproof Concealer Deep 450N 

(Link not yet active)

New Fenty Skin

Fenty Skin Plush Puddin’ Intensive Recovery Lip Mask With Pomegranate Sterols + Vitamin E Kalahari M... 

1000000954.png

Fenty Skin Fenty Treatz Hydrating + Strengthening Lip Oil Kalahari Melon 

1000000953.png

Fenty Skin Lux Balm Ultra-Hydrating Cherry Lip Balm 0.17 oz / 5 g 

Spoiler
Spoiler

1000000956.png

 #Fenty Skin Cherry Dub Blah to Bright 5% AHA Face Mask with Salicylic Acid + Vitamin C 2.5 oz / 75 mL 

1000000957.png

The kalahari melon smells good! @danielledanielle @Fruity sweet but not super sweet. 

Just to be clear, I did not break my low/no buy. 😝 Yes, it is only the 4th day into the new year, but that’s still an accomplishment. 😆 

IMG_6869.jpeg

IMG_6870.jpeg

@SportyGirly125  ooh, might have to pick this up once it comes to Sephora. This has become probably my favorite lip gloss, I have it in 4 or 5 colors now.

@caitbird I used to collect all the shades she came out with. This one looks really pretty. 

For any Fenty Beauty fans, I thought I’d share that they had a pop-up in Paris yesterday and today. They promoted getting a shade match done there, as well as leaving with a full size gloss bomb.

IMG_4416.jpeg

I was not on my “A” game bc I forgot about it yesterday 🤦🏼‍♀️ and ofc when I tried to go today at lunch, the line was way too long (not to mention, the pop-up itself was very hard to find bc the location just translates to La Défense “Square” and the area outlined as the square was pretty huge) and I had to get back to work… luckily, I chatted with a girl who had finished with the experience to inquire what she received! She was super super kind and even let me take pics of her goodies 🥹

IMG_4419.jpeg

The full size gloss she received was Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer FU$$Y which I wasn’t too envious of. I mainly wanted to attend this to see if they were giving out Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Heat Universal Lip Luminizer + Plumper Hot Cherry which is my absolute favourite Fenty product 😍

Here were rest of the contents:

- a foundation sample in her shade match

- a cream sample

Fenty Skin Fat Water Niacinamide Pore-Refining Toner Serum with Barbados Cherry 5.0 oz / 150 mL Fragrance Free 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Hella Thicc Volumizing Mascara Cuz I'm Black 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Fenty Eau de Parfum 2.5 oz / 75 mL eau de parfum spray sample card

IMG_4421.jpeg

IMG_4423.jpeg

Overall, I don’t think I missed too much, but I really think Fenty Beauty should’ve organized it better (maybe hire more staff to provide the services) bc this is their 3rd pop-up in France this month and I saw on social media that ppl complained about the crazy wait times before too. Anyways, that’s all for my little beauty snippet of the day! 🤗

I'm glad you got to see it even though you didn't have the time to wait, @Guessgal! Thanks for taking pictures and reporting!

@Guessgal - I'm sorry you weren't able to experience the pop-up yourself.  I hope your contact proves fruitful!  Networking is a good thing.  Thanks for sharing your pics. 🙂

@Titian06 Yes, it wasn't too much of a loss, as I did just give a Fenty poduct, Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Cream Color Drip Lip Cream Fenty Glow that I received from another Sephora event to my best friend since it has sparkles in it and I just don't like sparkles in my lip glosses anymore. So I guess it was a sign that I didn't really need another gloss bomb from this Fenty experience anyway! 😅

Yes, I'm glad I stepped out of my comfort zone to network. I will ask her to future beauty events so I have a buddy!

testing