Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Surratt!

I was looking for a general brand thread but it seems we don't have one. I blindly ordered the blush in Grisaille (to qualify for a promo), with such low expectations that I actually screamed "Oh. My. God!!!" as I was putting it on this morning. The texture of that blush is almost like a cream-to-powder, and super soft, like an angel's behind. The price is a little hard to swallow for something so little, and I wish the pan was magnetic instead of stick-on, but I still think I'll be picking up a few more colors because the formula is divine. 

What about you—what are your favorite Surratt items?

Let's talk about Surratt!

Most of my new surratt products arrived this evening and had to try the gloss in oh lala immediately. I will try out the concealer palette and foundation tomarrow.

RE: Let's talk about Surratt!

The whole line seems To be 50% off on Sephora US when you click into the individual products

Re: RE: Let's talk about Surratt!

@Mochapj we were talking on another thread about the large Smokey brush, I wasn’t sure whether or not to get it. You mentioned using it for sheer washes and it was the BEST suggestion! I did pick it up when it was on sale, and it works perfectly to disperse a very sheer layer across the upper part of my eyes, between the brow and lid. So grateful for your thoughts, the shadow brush was too difficult to use in applying lightly. Many thanks🙌🏼

@eshoe I'm glad that you are liking it!

The sheer application it provides is exactly why I love it as a highlight brush. I like my highlights to be very subtle and that brush is just the right shape and size for that for me.

If you ever have any questions about any of their other brushes, do let me know as I own their entire range. 😉

Mochapj Hi, I love the large smokey eye brush so much that I got another two for back-up. I am currently thinking of purchasing Surratt's entire brush collection. Would you please let me know if you prefer the Suqqu brush collection or Surratt's?  I cannot decide, in particular, if Suqqu's face brush is better than Surratt's. 

Thank you in advance for your help!

@Jene2016 my opinion between the 2 brands varies from brush to brush. I don’t think overall one line is better than the other. I’ve heard in the past that the OEM for both is Chikuhodo.

in terms of eye brushes, I prefer Surratt over Suqqu (except for the original S brush, which no longer exists) Suqqu shapes seem geared towards people who like to wear sheer washes of colour and that’s not really my thing.

in terms of face brushes, I prefer the Suqqu face over the Surratt. Surratt is softer but that also makes it a little floppier so I never feel like I have enough control when I use it. Also I find the handle on the Surratt face brush too large (personal preference) The shapes of the 2 are different so I’ve included a reference photo.

i do prefer surratt cheek over suqqu, though. 

I hope that helps. If you have any questions  just let me know 88E72D08-305A-4AB6-BE5C-AE810D323A5D.jpeg

@great review of brushes

Ahhhh yes I recall you mentioning that as well (about the highlights) @Mochapj. I missed out on the Artistique Highlight brush on sale, but still plan to get that eventually. Now that the foundation brush is available, I hope to add that as well. I haven’t purchased any of the sponge applicators and don’t plan to, unless they are phenomenal. I just don’t see much use for them. 

@eshoe the sponge applicators are the one 'brush' I wouldn't recommend from Surratt.

I had no intention of purchasing them, but after I couldn't get the lid lacquers to work well for me I ended up purchasing the sponges in the hope they would somehow miraculously improve the application.

Unfortunately they did not, so both got returned. I was quite shocked at the poor quality of the sponges, TBH. They had holes in them similar to how a beautyblender tends to look once it's time to throw it out; just very porous and jagged. 😞

ETA: also, TBH I much prefer the Smokey Grande as a highlight brush over the actual Artistique highlight brush.  The Artistique one is chubby and I've never quite gotten the hang of applying highlight with something that thick, LOL. The thinner candlelike taper of the Smokey Grande is a much more delicate size for me.

Wow I don’t think the highlighter I use would show up much with the Smokey eye brush @Mochapj! I feel like even with my Chanel face brush, which has much stiffer hairs, I struggle with it. I end up using my fingers which I would prefer not to do.

I am going to try that tomorrow, though. Also-found a very inexpensive brush holder on amazon, less than $9. Thanks for the suggestions:)

@Mochapj Well then! I have been humming and hawing over needing new brushes, so thank you darlin!! Ebates is also 8% so that was nice 🙂

BB0E93AD-B349-4CFA-977E-E878454AD858.png

0C2F6826-8BF4-4F24-9D1C-033B5D881C77.png

@sabrinas I would love an update on your brushes...when you get the chance😉

@eshoe So i got them all and I love them! So soft! However I wish the handles were a bit heavier as they dont feel as sturdy. Also two brushes shifted in the packaging and the bristles were bent and out of shape. I had to get them wet to fix them.

The handles are pretty lightweight, I agree @sabrinas. Thank you for letting me know, I ordered three and am very happy with them. Unless I see the Highlight or Complexion on sale again, I may call my collection finished:)

@eshoe Of course! They are due to arrive tomorrow or Tuesday! Oddly enough my blushes came yesterday, yet I ordered them after the brushes lol. I made three orders the one day and they all shipped with different carriers and Ive never had sephora do that!

These brushes are so soft, @sabrinas! Lucky you to get them half off!!!!

I just ordered foundation and concealer sight unseen.

I just ordered foundation and concealer sight unseen.

Re: I just ordered foundation and concealer sight unseen.

@moxiepancakes the foundation has a really beautiful finish, but the brush that is attached to the wand (which cannot be removed) is total garbage at actually applying it without streaking lol.

Concealer I've swatched a few times but not purchased because none of the shades are a good match for me.

@Mochapj I've never been a fan of the applicators attached to products. I dump powder sun block into loose powder containers so I can use my own brushes.  I ordered the concealer palette with the violet powder and am debating one of the sticks too. I'm regretting not swatching everything the last time I was in a store that carried the line. 

@moxiepancakes Its ok its allowed at a time like this! I think most items will be sold out by midday so might as well jump on it now lol! I placed another order for some blushes too.

@sabrinas the blushes are fantastic i ordered a backup of my favorite cherubique. I also highly recommend the lipsiques.  It looks like the concealer palette has been bumped up to full price again as have many of the other products

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos70
  • i2404163mage.jpeg
  • IMG_2450.JPG
  • IMG_2447.JPG
  • IMG_2449.JPG
  • isurrattmage.jpeg
  • image.jpeg0505161
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 3.10.05 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 2.26.51 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 2.27.13 PM.png