Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Surratt!

I was looking for a general brand thread but it seems we don't have one. I blindly ordered the blush in Grisaille (to qualify for a promo), with such low expectations that I actually screamed "Oh. My. God!!!" as I was putting it on this morning. The texture of that blush is almost like a cream-to-powder, and super soft, like an angel's behind. The price is a little hard to swallow for something so little, and I wish the pan was magnetic instead of stick-on, but I still think I'll be picking up a few more colors because the formula is divine. 

What about you—what are your favorite Surratt items?

Re: Let's talk about Surratt!

So I've suddenly become interested in  getting a few Surratt items and I'm looking for some suggestions on what I should grab!

For sure I want the blushes in La Rose Du Soir and Cherubique, but I also want four eyeshadows.

I was thinking of Starr, Dore Rose, Cuivre and a fourth one to fill out a palette but I have NO idea what the fourth one should be? I'm trying to make a 4-pan neutral palette (starr is the sparkly nude, dore rose is the sparkly rose hold, cuivre is the semi-sparkly coppery color and I need a fourth, maybe a matte transition?) Maybe something like Chameau or Chamois? 

@sabrinasI bought a 4-pan palette which also has Dore Rose and Cuivre in it, with Dore and Haute Chocolate. Although all four of them are shimmer finish, it works out just fine for me, for a casual daytime look. (received this palette just before Surratt recent release 😞 thinking of maybe getting a couple of the new satin ones)

I also have seen people pair Cuiver with Truffe, a matte brown, and they look gorgeous together. 

@sabrinas do you have a store with a Surratt display?

i'd highly recommend swatching in person if at all possible - a lot of their products look nothing like the stock photos and online swatches are hard to come by.

for a neutral quad I'd say either a matte midtone brown or one of the richer browns that you could use for smokiness 

i have a few others besides my newer acquisitions below and I can check names and swatches when I get home

I don't sadly 😞 I live in the boonies of Michigan, lol! @Mochapj Thank you! I saw your post about how some looked nothing like they did online, but I also saw a few swatches of certain colors online so I think I'll like them! 

I'm thinking of getting a blush or two, they look gorgeous. 

@sabrinas I can't help with the eyeshadows (I don't have any) but I do have a few blushes. 

La Rose Du Soir and Cherubique are both lovely - highly recommended! 

Peau de Pêche swatches peachy.jpg

peachy2.jpg

Temptalia has swatches up of 5/6 newest blush shades - I believe she is missing Brillant Idee:

Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 11.35.24 AM.png

I picked up some of the new Surratt offerings with my F&F code.

i had a few other shadows but they looked completely different than the online shades so I didn't swatch them/am not keeping them.

@moxiepancakes classique might be your red?

IMG_2599.JPG

Wow it looks much more red in your swatches it looks like a hot pink online. I picked up Peau de Pêche and plan on trying it out today. I almost got La Rosée du Soir  and wish I had seeing the swatches. Wanted to try Brillante Idée but it is out of stock here, but now think it may be to orange for me. Awesome swatches thanks @Mochapj !

@moxiepancakes I picked up La Rosee du Soir! It's lovely. Wearing it today 🙂 

Glad to help @moxiepancakes! When I opened up Classique I immediately thought of you and your search for a shimmery red 😉

I found the stock photos online very misleading! I had also ordered Serin, Verdatre, Bien Cuit and Vigogne and I ended up returning them unused.

Serin looks deep mustard online but was big bird yellow in person. Verdatre says it is a vibrant green but looks mostly grey. Bien Cuit said it was 'toasted croissant' and looked tan in the photo but ended up being peachy and Vigogne seemed like a putty shade but was more pea soup green.

leaving this here for reference for others 

IMG_2604.JPG

According to Temptalia they've released a bunch of new eyeshadows and blushes on Sephora

(and Sephora now carries the 6 blush shades that were Barneys exclusives earlier this year)

Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 2.26.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-19 at 2.27.13 PM.png

So excited but still waiting for that perfect shimmering red. 

eeee! all the purples!!

All the purple and complementary colors ❤️ 

@Mochapj Ha - I shouldn't be surprised. I always get impatient and end up ordering from somewhere else, only to have it pop up on Sephora 😉 

I'm excited for the new blush shades, though!

I know what you mean @lachaton

when the barneys ones came out I reached out to surratt to find out if they would come to Sephora and was told 'eventually' but they couldn't say when 🙄

I was too impatient for that 

Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 3.10.05 PM.png

Surratt seems to be coming out with a fragrance in collaboration with Byredo

Some swatches of a few of the new blushes.  Thanks again to @kso1225 for the Barneys assist!

image.jpeg0505161

Angelique, De Cherubique, Flamme

So beautiful! Now I want De Cherubique. I'm contemplating another order but I really need to go on a no-buy! 😞

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos70
  • i2404163mage.jpeg
  • IMG_2450.JPG
  • IMG_2447.JPG
  • IMG_2449.JPG
  • isurrattmage.jpeg
  • image.jpeg0505161
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 3.10.05 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 2.26.51 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 2.27.13 PM.png