Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's talk about Surratt!

I was looking for a general brand thread but it seems we don't have one. I blindly ordered the blush in Grisaille (to qualify for a promo), with such low expectations that I actually screamed "Oh. My. God!!!" as I was putting it on this morning. The texture of that blush is almost like a cream-to-powder, and super soft, like an angel's behind. The price is a little hard to swallow for something so little, and I wish the pan was magnetic instead of stick-on, but I still think I'll be picking up a few more colors because the formula is divine. 

What about you—what are your favorite Surratt items?

Re: Let's talk about Surratt!

I was in store today and I happened to swatch a few of the new Surratt foundation brush things.  It's like a foundation wand with a brush all in one.

They are crazystupidexpensive in Canada ($90 for 1/2oz) which is like half the size of most normal mid-high foundations, but I was intrigued.

I didn't buy it.  I will put that out there right now.  Buuuuut, the foundation looked amazing on my hand.  It had such a gorgeous, soft focus finish, that I'm debating using the last of a gift card to buy it (which is insane, because I rarely ever wear foundation)

ColorIQ had me pegged as a 9, but it looked really peachy to me.  I swatched 7 and thought it looked much better.

Anyone here tried it yet?

isurrattmage.jpeg

I bought this foundation but I think I will be returning it. It is beautiful on: like I don't detect there being foundation at all. It is also a soft dewy look, not oily. However I thought it was supposed to be full coverage, and while it IS buildable I feel like I am needing to use WAAAAAAY too much to cover everything up. The brush is soft and at first it blends well (I have to go back in with a BB) but I just feel it is super unsanitary.

@Maria88 oh, that's too bad, but thank you for letting me know!

I read somewhere that you could wash the brush, but I don't really understand how you could do that without it getting water into the actual product...

@Mochapj No problem! I wanted to love it because it's legit skin like and it's a perfect color match (1st time out of the millions of foundations I've tried)...but I just can't deal with that brush.

@Mochapj Lisa Eldridge used this in her latest video and post and I think she was intrigued as well. She said in her post "I don't normally go for foundations with built-in applicators, as I find they have a tendency to overload the brush, but was pleasantly surprised with this one. It has good coverage with a very dewy finish, so a great one if you like your skin to look extra glowy or you have a drier skin." Probs not worth $90 though (gah!!)

You have me intrigued now. Can't wait to hear reviews on it. 

Lol I'm trying to get through my 4 opened foundations these days and don't really need another but am a sucker for anything that is as you described. 

Anyone use the lipsliques? I'd love to see some of the colors on lips. Do any of them pull into the lip lines of feather?

I tried a couple of the new ones that came out last fall (not sure if that's lipslique or prismatique) and I returned them straight away.  

They were so sheer but also sparkly that they did not work for my big fat lips 😄

ETA: went back to confirm, I tried the Prismatique.

I love his eyelash curler. I was waiting a long time for it come back in stock online but the wait was worth it. It is one of the best curlers I have ever used. I only use the Surratt or Kevyn Aucoin eye lash curler now.

I also own Parfait blush and it is a beautiful color.

http://www.sephora.com/relevee-lash-curler-P394163?skuId=1673482&icid2=search_search_p394163_image

I actually was just playing with this at Sephora yesterday... I like the feel of it in the hand. I always feel like I'm injuring my fingers gripping the handles with the design of others, but this one feels really ergonomic and surprisingly more comfortable (not expected with such a basic design).

I own the Sephora one (gold and black) but I rarely attempt to curl my eyelashes because it doesn't hold. I wonder if this one would do any better.

Have you ever used the Shiseido curler? That's the one I use right now and I wonder how they compare.

I love the curler and totally spaced on mentioning it.  I bought it on a whim last year and I still can't believe how perfect it is for my eye shape.

i'm also really intrigued by the new foundation with integrated brush, but for $90 at a 1/2 oz, I am waiting until my Sephora has them on display.

@Mochapj Would you say it is wider and less curved? I have long lids and they slant/slope rather than curve... I wonder if this would work for me as well.

@Gwenhwyfar yes, it is definitely wider and less curved.  

Prior to it I was using the Shu curler that everyone raves about with moderate success.  

The Surratt one is way better for me than the Shu.

I was reading something about Troy Surratt the other day, and it had a pro-tip that he even suggests using it twice, on one half of the lid at a time (i.e. closer to the nose, and then closer to the outside of the eye) and overlapping in the middle.  

I've tried this a few times and not only does it look better, but it holds my curl longer.  I'd never be able to do that with other curlers because they have too much curve.

@Mochapj How do you do this trick without kinking or bending the lashes on the other half of the lid (the half you're not curling)? 

@flonkerton my eyes are really wide without much of a curve to them so I start at the furthest edge and work my way in.

i find the part I 'double curl' in the middle is what makes them look better, as it helps them fan out in both directions 

@Mochapj Oh yay, for once I'm a makeup genius because that's how I've always curled my lashes. My eye shape doesn't seem to fit the curler otherwise. 🙂

@Gwenhwyfar @Mochapj

I have straight short lashes and this is the best eyelash curler I have used.

I have the sheishedo, Shu and then switched to the Chanel one but when I bit the bullet and bought this one, I never reach for the others anymore. 

I have been using the curler like Mocha described with much success, my lashes actually curl and stay curled now and it doesn't pinch my skin. I am able to curl the lashes in my inner corners for once. 

( Didn't know that that was the recomended way to use it, it was just intuitive) 

Anonymous Insider

@Mochapj Does it come with a rubber refill?? 

@Anonymous yes, it had one in the pouch.  I don't see them as an option to purchase additional ones, though. :S

Anonymous Insider

@Mochapj That's sad. I wish every brand sells the refill separately...I should consider this one after trying (ordered yesterday) Kevin Aucoin one!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos70
  • i2404163mage.jpeg
  • IMG_2450.JPG
  • IMG_2447.JPG
  • IMG_2449.JPG
  • isurrattmage.jpeg
  • image.jpeg0505161
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 3.10.05 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 2.26.51 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 2.27.13 PM.png