Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

This quad is so flattering on you, and against your eyes and skin @missjeanie . I must not understand the definition of purple because this is usually not what I think of and it’s just great! Variations on a color and tones apparently! Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures! 💞

@Sunnysmom Thanks!  To be fair I have mostly the lightest, pinkey-est, shade all over and a touch of the most pinky purple in the outter corner on this 'look'.  The other two shades have more purple in them, but I still find that it's not a full on purple, it's... softer?  More wearable for me than other purples I have. 

@missjeanie - Those colors are a lot prettier than I expected!  They look like they would be loud and in your face. 😄  They look great on you! 💜💜💜 (Not loud and in your face to be clear!)

@Titian06 I really like how 'easy' the palette has been in the mornings.  Too 'loud and in your face' and I have to be too careful when I'm half asleep lol

@missjeanie I'm pretty fair myself but I really like that punch of color. I mean I tanned for 4+ months (it took that long to build up to it) so my wedding photos weren't just a dress with what looked like floating hair and eyes 😅. IDK a wash of color on me (depending on the shade) just doesn't really do anything for me. Then again I really like color so I'm torn. I love palettes with the duo and tri color shades but got a snarky comment about "ditching the glitter" due to my age (I don't think I'm *that* old plus I don't wear it to work - not going in full glam who has time for that??). I'm happy with say a darker Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier eyeshadow stick and just slapping that on and blending it out for when I'm too tired in the morning. And honestly the first palette kinda fits the bill for just taking a shade all over the eyes and out the door you go. I'm still debating but I also want to see how much they're going to be in the states. If they are marked up to $88 I'm going to sit this one out.

@niki172 Someone had the gall to say that to you??? WOW, I'll admit, I wear 'boring' make up... often because like you said... who has time for that before work?  I'm much more into an extra however many minutes of sleep lol.  But that's what's fun about make up, we can do all the glitter and funky looks when we have more time and still do 'one and done' looks for early morning.  It's makeup... it's meant to be fun.  I bet whomever said that really needs to loosen up a bit.

So did you end up picking any of the tweeds up?  I got the purple and love a few of the shades for those quick am, one and done, I need to be at work asap looks. 

@missjeanie nope I didn't pick up any of the tweeds. Life decided to hand me some unexpected bills (how dare they!?!?) and I chose to get a sterling silver pendant of my kitty's actual paw print instead of one of the quads (but TBH I could have gotten all 4 quads for the price of that pendant - I hate when companies sell out and then they jack up the prices of things). I also decided I'd rather put the money towards upcoming Rouge sale(s) as I have my eye on quite a few things. I'm glad you're happy with your quad - I so love one and done looks for work. Sleep is my best friend lol!

Lol... @niki172 I like your paw print idea!  That's far more unique and personalized!  And you're right... a good sale is just around the bend and there will be lots of make up to be had!

@niki172 - Glitter at your age?!  It's your face; you do what you want!  I'm 57, wear glitter, and love it! ❤

@Titian06 aww thanks love 😘. That lovely tip came from a family member that has complained that I wear too much makeup and (my favorite gem of wisdom she passed down to me - not my Mom just want to be clear) was that I needed to "stop wearing such colorful eyeshadows and dark liner" because I would "never find a decent husband." I am not making this up and no I did not time travel to the 1950's when she told me this. Joke's on her I have a husband, we've been married almost 15 years, and he is a very decent man.

Price is confirmed as $88 @niki172 , le sigh. 😒

@Sunnysmom yeah as much as the collector in me wants it I'm skipping it. Thanks for the confirmation maybe I can get some actual sleep tonight and not have to stay up for the launch 😅.

It’s nuts for sure @niki172 . I will have to say that the shadows do have more payoff than I initially thought and quite dense. They are creamier and more buttery. Doesn’t make the price any better I realize! Saw them all today in cute pop up shop in Nordstrom. Complete with phones in tweed and taking pic inside etc. They went all in on this one. Each phone covered in the 4 tweeds, so cute! Probably why we’re paying so much! 😩😆 Excuse fast pics, not the greatest. Lots of folks around! 

F0B3A6C6-3E25-4E10-BD42-108682A9CC1D.jpeg

5B8CC6E0-3E41-47D2-B909-702AA9EE7021.jpeg

7A74EDC9-ABD0-4A52-90DF-2652147DE391.jpeg

@Sunnysmom How cute! I assumed they only had those elaborate displays in boutiques!

It was so cute @Winthrop44 ! According to the SAs there were only a few, like 3 I think in Nordstroms . Not sure other locations? They also had fun giant pink CCs to take a Polaroid picture with etc too. I wanted to take that home 🤣. 💞🌸

@Sunnysmom, love these photos, especially as I have no counter anywhere near me. Glad you like 04 Brun et Rose so much!

They did such a nice job @TraceyEB ! I think the phones were the crowning touch. They had music and a little recorded message when you picked them up. Clever. Do you love your quads as well? I think the eyeliners will be very wearable too. 

@Sunnysmom, I pick them up in a week when I travel to Canada. I thought they would be more scarce, so pre-ordered at a counter I know well when my plans were confirmed. The phones are such an elegant touch!!

@Sunnysmom oh that pop up is too cute! I told my SA (they didn't get the quads yet) the price and even she was offended that they were $88 a piece. She said if you really want the tweed it's best to just wait and get one of their holiday bags because at least you get more than an eyeshadow quad and some people even turn them into purses. 

niki172_0-1662183593799.png

I love that idea @niki172 . Those look so cute! There has to be some new permanent dupes coming let’s hope too. No 4 Brun Rose is so wearable I can truly see using it up, sigh. 😕

@Sunnysmom I mean if you can see yourself using it up and you can't find dupes maybe go for it?? My problem is that I know I won't use it up and I'm not 100% drawn to any color quad so it's not worth the $$.I just picked up the new fall quad (Intensite) and one of the new Rouge Allure lippies (211) because this past Friday I had to go somewhere and couldn't find my HG Dior lippie in my bag (finally did find it) but while digging thru the cavernous regions of my purse I found a lot of lippies that I had to throw away and one Pat McGrath that won't twist up (RIP Omi) so I felt justified in picking up another lippie even though I probably have 30 😑 sitting here that have never been used. I really hope 30 is an exaggeration......😝

6,223 Replies
testing