Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

This is really helpful. Thank you @niki172! 🤗 

@blackkitty2014 @Titian06,  I tried the eyeshadows yesterday, using the top left shade all over with a little of the bottom right shade in the crease, with only a primer underneath (NARS Pro Prime). The shadows lasted for the entire day - yes! 😁 I noticed  the slighted bit of creasing around the 7-hour mark which for me is great! I first tried using a blending brush to apply a wash of color to my lid and while the lighter of two colors showed up on my lids, it was just barely. The lighter of the two shades showed up on my lids best when I used a flat shader brush to apply two light layers of the  eyeshadow. 

I'll use the same shadows again today with a liquid eyeshadow underneath as @TraceyEB mentioned below (thanks again, traceyeb!) and will let you know how the shadows look and hold up and compare with using just a primer underneath.

@itsfi - I'm glad the shadow worked out!  I hope @TraceyEB 's suggestion will work even better!  I usually use a flat brush to put it on my lids (on top of Too Faced Shadow Insurance).  That has always worked well for me, but everyone is different. 😁

@Titian06, I used the TF glitter glue primer and that really helped to bring out the colors in the quad! I don’t see it around much so I’m hoping it isn’t discontinued. 😮 

@itsfi - I saw your swatches over the glitter glue...so vibrant! 💖💖💖

@Titian06, I think using any primer that is geared towards sparkle or glitter shadows will help to make the colors in the quad pop! 🤩

Thx you @itsfi . I’m not good using Chanel liquid eyeshadow. I’m making a mess out if it every single darn time 😂🤣 oh boy the quad might be a trouble for me to use.

@blackkitty2014, the Chanel liquid eyeshadow can be a pain in the patoots to use unless I have some patience and time 😬 And like you said, it can get messy. 😑 I like the consistency of the ILIA Liquid Powder Eye Shadow Tint Glaze over the Chanel liquid eyeshadow - I feel that requires less patience and skill on my part to get right. 😉 

Thx for the tip @itsfi 🌹❤️

@itsfi  soooooo pretty!

@AMK721, thank you! I haven't had it for very long, but am enjoying this collection. Chanel sure has released quite a few products in a very short amount of time. 😍 Will you pick up anything from either this spring-summer collection or the N1 line?

@itsfi  seeing all these gorgeous swatches and new products have me seriously thinking about what I might purchase. Do I need anything? No not really. Do I want anything? Heck yes - all the things! LOL.

@AMK721, I have that conversation all the time in my head. 😂 I have to be careful not to say it aloud lest it gets used against me. Need … want … it’s such a fine line! 😉 

@itsfi, beautiful swatches! I'm loving the look this collection!

Thank you @TraceyEB! Completely agree with you - I was drawn in instantly when I saw the photos of this collection. 😍😍 The hardest part has been trying to narrow down what to get first… 😆 

@itsfi - The eyeshadow colors look lovely on you!  I hope they work out.  The two balms you chose are the two that caught my attention.  Looking forward to your reviews. 💖💖💖

Thank you @Titian06! The first day with the shadows went well; I want to try the shadows with one of the approaches that @TraceyEB kindly shared below ⬇️ to see how the shadows show up and wear.

Yay @itsfi ! Wow those look nice on you! I wondered about the balms but went with full on lippies hoping one isn’t also too warm! Will be good to hear what you think about shadows. Mine are on the way! 💃🏻 I will have to also use some Ulta points for the lip and cheek pots. Timing is serendipity isn’t it! 

@Sunnysmom, the lipsticks in this collection are very pretty! 😍 I picked up a couple of the lip and cheek pots sight unseen but based on photos that have since been posted, I’m happy with one and should be with the other or may end up gifting that one. 

Balms..... You had me at balms @itsfi .  I cracked up... read the balms and saw the post then looked at who posted... Yep... she's got great balm taste... no wonder I was drawn in lol

Hahahaha @missjeanie! You know me, it’s hard to resist any lip balm, let alone one packaged so beautifully and presented in a collection like this one. ♥️ I told myself I was doing well my just picking up these 2..for now, at least. 😆 

6,199 Replies
testing